There are different circumstances in which a motorcycle may have to be shipped. These include when salvaging a bike, taking it to the mechanic for repairs or transporting it to an address where the owner is relocating to. It may also be transported due to unfavorable weather for riding and when avoiding the wear and tear of its parts if the distance to be covered is too long. Motorcycle shipping services are also required when shipping new bikes to bike dealers and when delivering bikes to the purchaser's address so as to complete the sale.
The motorcycle shipping methods we support
To ship your bike, we can use any of the following motorcycle shipping methods.
Air transport: This is the quickest means of shipping and also the most expensive. The bike is shipped on a cargo plane.
Water transport: This is a slower means of transport compared to air transport but it’s more economical for shipping bikes overseas. It is ferried from port to port.
Road transport: The bike is delivered by our drivers who are familiar with most routes. It is carried on a flatbed truck, an open truck or a motorcycle trailer.
Rail transport: This is an alternative to road transport and it is reliable since the delivery is not prone to delays. The bike is shipped in a cargo train.
Depending on your budget and preference, you can opt to have your bike delivered to a specified address or to a selected terminal.
Preparation of a motorcycle for shipping
The following are some of the ways in which you prepare your motorbike for shipping:
- Disable the alarm system.
- Check the engine.
- Ensure that the gas is at a maximum level of quarter of the tank capacity.
- Check the level of fluids.
- Ensure that the tires are well inflated.
- Disconnect the battery and drain the fluids, if you are to ship the bike in a crate.
- Remove your belongings and the motorcycle accessories.
- Wash the bike thoroughly.
- Inspect your bike and take good photos of it from different angles.
What to consider when searching for a motorcycle mover
There are various factors which should guide you as you search for a motorcycle shipping company. These include the experience that the company has in transporting motorcycles, their ability to provide a variety of shipping solutions and possession of relevant documents. You should also find out if the company provides a comprehensive insurance cover to cater for the damage that may be caused to the bike when it is in their possession. Additionally, the shipping company should be capable of providing safe shipping solutions and you should confirm if they are registered under the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT).
Why you should hire us
The following are some of the reasons why you should hire our services:
- We are a highly skilled shipping company and have the capacity to provide you with reliable transport solutions which meet your motorcycle shipping needs.
- We provide you with a variety of services, thus you can select the shipping option that will meet your needs in the best way possible. Additionally, we have tailored services which are suitable for different purposes such as shipping a bike to a motorcycle event or handling and delivering a special type of bike.
- We are based in various locations across the USA and your bike can be shipped to various destinations with ease. Our drivers can deliver your bike to North Aurora in good time and should you need to have it held for some time, we avail reliable storage solutions.
- We have a good reputation and have been approved by the Better Business Bureau. We also have positive reviews and high ratings. Our clients have confidence in the quality of services that we provide. They also refer more clients to us.
- The services that we provide are of high quality and highly reliable. You get the best customer support from the moment you contact us and the delivery of your bike is done with a high level of efficiency.
North Aurora motorcycle shipping services available
We avail the following North Aurora motorcycle shipping services: Crated shipping, open-air, and enclosed shipping, which are reliable means of shipping bikes to the destination. Additionally, we provide insurance coverage as required by law. To make the move easier for you, we provide shipping guidance and storage services as well.
Talk to us
If you would like guidance on the shipping processes or if you want more information on what would be needed to make your move successful, please feel free to talk to our agents on the number 1-800-452-2880.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.