Do you want to send your motorcycle to or from the Villa Park? Are you on a tight budget? Does your job restrain you such that you cannot ride your bike after you buy it? A-1 Auto Transport is the shipper of your Dreams!
Whenever you need bikes transported, we will avail ourselves for pick-up. We have an enthusiastic and devoted crew that ensures the bikes get delivered to the recipients undamaged and in good time. We have two decades of experience which shows you that we are the best choice.
We promise our customers to offer excellent motorcycle transport services at affordable rates.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Crated transport. Here your bikes are packed and transported in wooden boxes that are slated.
- Open carrier transport. Open trucks and trailers are used for shipping motorcycles over short distances.
- Enclosed transport. enclosed trucks are used to guard the motorcycles against severe weather conditions
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
- Motorcycle accessories such as alarm devices, headlights, and handlebars should be detached and packed separately to prevent damage.
- Remove all the dangerous bike fluids especially the corrosive ones and lower the gas level in the fuel tank to about a ¼ of the full capacity.
- Prepare the travel documents in advance. The papers should include the proof of ownership, tax compliance certificates, and manuals.
- Check the tire pressure and ensure that the tires don’t have slow punctures.
- Wash the bike and do a thorough inspection.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
- Find out the kind of experience that its members of staff have. You can find this information on the workers’ job profiles. You need to be sure that their qualifications and skill-set match with your requisites. If these are okay, then you will have no problem with your bike shipment.
- Avoid haulers asking for exorbitant prices. There are standard rates set by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, and every shipper must follow these. So, your budget should be within the range too.
- Confirm that the motorbike shipper uses the allowed shipping equipment. The US Department of Transport has specified the precise standards and quality of equipment to be used by haulers. Make sure your shipper has these.
- Make sure your motorcycle shipper has an excellent record of secure hauling. You can read through the reviews left by different clients on their website. The testimonials too should prove that the shipper is worth hiring.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
- We have rates that every bike owner can afford. Our rates comply with what the government has set. We will never overcharge you, plus we have additional services that are free.
- We use good quality equipment. Our machinery is adequate and built with safety in mind to make sure that every shipment is a success. The tools we use are certified by the bureau of standards sanctioned by the federal government.
- The shipping team you find at A-1 Auto Transport has been rigorously trained. You can confirm this by looking at their credentials and job profiles. We encourage our workers by giving them awards, for instance, the best shippers.
- There are several shipping options clients can choose. Every option can be modified to your liking. We have experts who can help you to find what you are looking for by offering you tailored services.
Our Villa Park motorcycle shipping services
- The door-to-door delivery. Your motorbikes will be transported to your doorstep. This is regardless of the distance.
- Open truck transport. We own lowboy trucks that we use for this kind of service. Due to security reasons, we only use this service to ship bikes over short distances
- Insurance coverage. Every motorcycle handled by our shippers is fully covered with a premium insurance policy. The presence of insurance coverage should take away your worries since you will receive compensation if the bike is damaged on transit.
- Enclosed truck services. Our enclosed vehicles and the shipping equipment are custom-made to protect the motorbikes during shipping.
- Terminal to terminal shipping. With this service, your motorbikes will be sent to an agreed terminus from where you can collect it.
- Motorcycle storage. We provide clients with temporary storage services in our facilities if they cannot arrive in time for cargo collection. The facilities are secured, and we do not charge for this service.
Talk to us!
We are armed with the ideal shipping arsenal and with professional shippers. What else could you need for a successful shipment? Talk to us today and we will help you plan your motorbike shipment. Our toll-free number is 1-800-452-2880.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.