While making a self-move may be possible, it may prove to be an uphill task. Therefore, when any of the following situations arise, it is best to hire motorcycle shipping services:
- A faulty bike needing repairs and has to be taken to the mechanic.
- Completion of a sale which is done by delivering a bike to the address of the purchaser.
- Transportation of a salvaged bike.
- Relocation of a bike owner.
- Risky riding conditions posed by adverse weather conditions and poor road conditions.
The available motorcycle shipping services
To transport your bike, we can use any of the following methods:
- Air transport, which is a fast means of shipping. While it is expensive, we do our best to source for the best air freight charges.
- Water transport, which is a reliable means of shipping the bikes overseas.
- Rail transport, which is an inland transport option that has minimal delays.
- Road transport, which is a convenient means of shipping bikes to various addresses. Our drivers are capable of completing the deliveries in good time.
The delivery options available are door-to-door and terminal-to-terminal.
Getting a bike reading for shipping
To ensure that a bike will be in good condition for shipping, you ought to prepare it well. The activities that are to be done include checking the engine, the level of the fluids and the tire pressure. You are also to ensure that the level of the gas is at a maximum amount of a quarter of the tank capacity. To make it easier for the shipping company to handle your bike, disable the alarm and remove the motorcycle accessories, your belongings and any items that are hanging loosely from the bike. Cleaning the bike and inspecting it also enable you to ensure it will be in good condition. It is advisable that you take photos of the bike.
Choosing a motorcycle mover
The type of service that you will get greatly depends on the shipping company that you hire. The moving company that you will hire ought to be experienced in delivering and handling bikes, licensed, insured and fully bonded and also with a variety of shipping options. They should also have a good reputation, with minimal cases reported to consumer protection agencies and to the Better Business Bureau.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Why A-1 Auto Transport is the best company that you can hire
If you are looking for a reliable shipping company, look no further! We are the best service provider since we can meet your motorcycle shipping needs in the most exceptional manner. We provide high-quality services at affordable rates. We issue quotes for free and you get to know the estimated shipping cost of your move. You have the chance to select the shipping option that will work best for you. Additionally, we give you value for your money and you can have your bike transported using services that are tailored to meet your needs. The highly reputable services that we are known to offer include the Harley-Davidson shipping, classic motorcycle shipping and shipping to motorcycle events such as the Sturgis bike week. Safety is always a guarantee when you ship with us. We provide good motorcycle care, store your bike in secure facilities and also handle them using suitable equipment. Additionally, we have met the safety requirements set by the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). We are licensed to operate across the USA and our services cover a number of locations, Woodridge included. We always aim to provide our customers with a hassle-free shipping experience. With us, you will realize that shipping does not necessarily have to be complex.
Our Woodridge motorcycle shipping services
The Woodridge motorcycle shipping services that we provide include:
- Open-air transport, which is an affordable shipping option but is a less secure one since the bike will be exposed to various perils.
- Enclosed transport, which is a safer shipping alternative. The bike will be protected against various damage-causing hazards such as extreme weather conditions and road debris.
- Crated transport, which is a shipping option that helps in ensuring that the integrity of the bike will be maintained. The bike is put in a crate that has a reinforced pallet base.
- Storage services, which are provided to ensure that you can have your bike held safely over a certain period of time as you plan for the move to sync with your schedule.
- Insurance coverage, which ensures that should any of the uncertainties take place, you will have a comprehensive coverage against the damages caused to your bike.
Feel free to contact us if you need to get a quote on our services. Our agents will also provide you with all the information you need on our services. The number to dial is 1-800-452-2880.