Transporting a motorcycle from Waukegan to another location can be done easily with an auto transport company within proximity. Especially for those who wish to keep the motorcycle’s integrity intact, it is best to allow the transport specialists handle the job. They will have all of the suitable packaging materials and gear to successfully relocate a bike.
Valuable Information for First Time Shippers.
- Always research the transport companies in your area before you hire one. Create a short list of ones to call for quotes by checking their reviews, ratings and services online. All reputable transport companies will have a website with their contact information listed.
- Don’t just hire the company with the lowest rates. While many reliable transport companies offer decent rates as it is, you want to assure their reliability before you decide to hire them based off of their prices.
- Decide which services and features you are interested in from the company before you make a phone call. This will allow you to ask questions if you have any. It will also make it e to quickly book your transport.
- Write out a list of questions to ask the transport company before you hire them.
- Pay attention to the company’s terms and agreements.
- Prepare the bike as directed by the transport company. If the motorcycle is not prepared as requested, it may be denied services or less protected during its travels.
- Always gather the driver’s contact information and opt to take advantage of real-time satellite tracking. This will give you the ability to check in on the bike’s progress.
- Document any preexisting damage done to the motorcycle before its shipping process. This will only make your final inspection easier.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.