South Holland has been A-1 Auto Transport’s primary bike transport hub for many years now. We have fleets of vehicles leaving and arriving at various homes and terminuses in South Holland each day. We are proud to have accomplished transport coverage around the USA and other continents. We are the main shipping partner for eBay and Harley Davidson.
Moreover, we have invested in advanced machinery and trucks that help us to deliver motorcycles right at your doorstep. Thousands of South Holland customers have trusted us to handle their motorbikes and received satisfactory services. Speak to our agents today to receive your free motorcycle transport quote. If our shipping fees are affordable to you, which certainly they are, your motorcycle shipment will be queued immediately.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
There are many bike transport methods available at A-1 Auto Transport. Every method comes with different perks. Examples of the methods are:
- Enclosed truck shipping. Our trucks entail a roof and walls on all four sides. Inside, your bike sits securely while we ship it. Because of the heightened protection and safety, covered trucks are the greatest choices for precious antiques, exotic, and speed bikes.
- Open truck shipping. You will realize that these trailers are way cheaper than covered trucks. Moreover, they are lighter; hence, less fuel is consumed. As a result, there is a low rate of environmental degradation.
- Crated bike shipping. The crates in which we pack bikes are made of softwood for minimal package weight at the same time offering maximum protection. Also, we will layer the interior with cushions to protect the bike from being marked up.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
There are a few steps that you can take to help ensure that your motorcycle reaches the recipient on time and in pristine condition.
The first step is to wash it and document any pre-existing damage. You want to write down any dents and scratches that are on the motorcycle body and make sure you take crisp images too.
The second step in preparing your motorcycle for shipping is a brief mechanical evaluation. You want to check and ensure everything is running smoothly including the tire pressure and the battery charge. You want to document the mileage. Convey all this information to your hauler. If there are any problems, be sure they know about that so that they take care of them accordingly.
The next step in getting your ride ready for shipping is to remove any exterior motorbike accessories such as the saddle-bags, handlebars, and side mirrors. They can easily get damaged while shipping.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
Need a great shipping service in South Holland? You have come to the right place! We will give you tips to use when searching for a mover.
- Insurance coverage. You should be sure that your motorcycle will be protected throughout the shipment. Therefore, ensure that your shipper covers all bikes in transit with insurance policies.
- Tracking services. You will be at peace when you know the exact location of your motorcycle while it is in transit. That said, make sure the company you hire for your bike shipment has tracking capabilities.
- Registration details. Every shipper in the USA must be registered with the US Department of Transportation and issued with a license. Be sure your shipper holds a genuine permit to ship rides in the USA.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
- We know the value of bikes to their owners, both sentimental and economic. That is why we do everything in our jurisdiction to make sure our services stand out and we top the list of reliable shipping companies in the USA.
- Bikes are delivered in good time: Failure to deliver bikes on time is a major issue for many shippers in the US. This can, certainly, be very disappointing. We, however, pledge to make timely deliveries and if there is an issue, our agents will alert you beforehand.
- 24/7 online tracking: With a pricey investment like your motorcycle, we know the disquiet that sets in when it is handled by somebody else. You want to know the location of the bike throughout the process, from your doorstep to the recipient. With our instant online tracking, you can view the location of the motorcycle wherever it is anytime you wish.
Our South Holland motorcycle shipping services
- Open-air motorcycle transportation.
- Motorcycle transport advisory services.
- Secured motorcycle storage.
- Transit insurance coverage.
Talk to us!
For more information and solutions to all your motorcycle shipping needs, get in touch with our representatives by filling out our online form or giving us a call on 1-800-452-2880.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.