Different situations would require that a motorcycle be transported from one location to another. Examples of such situations include when a bike has been purchased and it has to be taken to the address of a buyer, when it is being salvaged or is to be fixed by a professional mechanic. A motorcycle may also have to be moved when the owner is relocating. Another reason that may require motorcycle shipping services to be hired is when bike enthusiasts would want to attend a biking event such as bike weeks or rallies. When faced with conditions such as adverse weather or impassable roads, it is best to have a bike transported rather than risk using it. When one would like to avoid the wear and tear of bike parts, it is best to have it transported.
The available motorcycle shipping methods
The methods of motorcycle shipping that we use include:
- Air transport, which is the only shipping option that offers you speedy delivery, regardless of the distance to be covered.
- Water transport, which is an option for shipping bikes overseas. The duration taken to complete the delivery of the bike may depend on the condition at sea and also the speed with which the clearance of the bike at the customs department will be conducted.
- Railway transport, which is an option for in-land transportation. It provides you with a reliable means of shipping a bike, having it delivered within the set timeframe because there are minimal delays.
- Road transport, which is a common means of transport, mainly used in making deliveries to various addresses.
The activities that you should do as you prepare your bike for shipping include cleaning it, disabling the alarm system, ensuring that the tires are well-inflated and checking the engine and the level of the fluids. If you are shipping the bike in a crate, the additional preparation activities are disconnecting the battery and draining the fluids. To document the condition of the bike, you ought to make a report on its condition after assessing it. Taking photos of it is highly recommended.
How to choose a good mover
The following are the factors to consider as you search for a motorcycle mover:
- The provision of tailored services.
- The availability of different methods of transportation.
- The provision of a valid motorcycle insurance cover.
- The reputation of the company.
- The approval of the company by the Better Business Bureau.
- The experience and knowledge that the company has in transporting bikes to Buffalo Grove.
- The validity of the business proven by the possession of licenses and certificates.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Why you should choose A-1 Auto Transport
Hiring A-1 Auto Transport to move your bike is the best decision that you can make because you will be guaranteed to have a hassle-free shipping experience. We have the ability to meet your motorcycle shipping needs with relative ease by applying our expertise. We have a qualified team of professionals who provide you with excellent customer support. They also ensure that your bike will be well-taken care of by providing good motorcycle care. We are also known to provide reputable services which are tailored to meet your specific needs. Examples of such services include the Harley-Davidson shipping and shipping of bikes to events such as the Sturgis bike week. We have been inspected and approved by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) since we meet the set standards of safety. Additionally, you can make your payment for the services hired with ease on a secure platform.
The available Buffalo Grove motorcycle shipping services
OurBuffalo Grove motorcycle shipping services are provided in a highly efficient manner. They are also availed at very economical rates. The services include:
Storage services: Reliable solution that enables you to plan for the move and have your bike held safely up until the time you can have it picked.
Shipping advice: Very informative service to ensure that you are in the know when it comes to all matters motorcycle shipping.
Insurance coverage: A comprehensive insurance is provided to protect your bike against the various damage-causing elements.
Open-air transport: It is an affordable shipping option but less secure since the bike is exposed while being transported.
Enclosed transport: It is a secure shipping option which is available at an extra costcompared to that charged when shipping using open-air transport.
Crated transport: It is a safe shipping option which ensures that the bike will be maintained in good condition since no tampering will be done to it. When the bike is put in a crate, it is not handled directly and thus, its integrity will be maintained.
Please feel free to contact us. Our support team is just a call away and they can be reached on the number1-800-452-2880.