If you are looking for a city that is rich in arts and culture and is also in tune with nature, then the city of Elmhurst is the place to be. Elmhurst has the Theatre Historical Society of America that is a safe haven for priceless collections and the Wilder Park conservatory which is both a conservatory and botanical garden. However, A-1 Auto Transport is well aware of the fervour-filled motorbike riders who have no part to play in the arts but just want to move their motorbikes to other destinations. We are here for you as a first-rate shipping company in the USA.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Open-air and enclosed transport
In open-air transport, your bike is wheeled onto a wooden palate and held down with soft tie down straps at the front and rear of the motorbike. On the other hand, if you choose enclosed transport, your motorbike will be completely covered in a moving truck as it is shipped from point A to point B.
- Terminal to terminal
Terminal to terminal would mean that our drivers will leave your motorbike at a shipping yard or depot of your choice for you to collect at your own time.
- Crated transport
Crated transport is another method where the motorbike is stored in a heavily padded wooden crate for safe transportation to any destination. It is better for an overseas shipment that will use either air or sea transport.
- Door to door delivery
Wherever you need your motorcycle, we will get it there. Distance means nothing when the convenience of our customer is our priority. This, however, applies only if the location you specify is accessible by one of our trucks.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
- Do not lock the handlebars. The shippers may need to move the motorbike when they are offloading it.
- Draft a report of all the damages and parts that aren’t in good working condition. Take photographic evidence.
- Inform the shipping company if you are transporting an inoperative motorbike and note down the extent of the damages.
- If possible, fix all the mechanical issues before shipment.
- Clean the motorcycle. This is a compulsory requirement for an overseas shipment
- Fix all oil and water leaks.
- Remove the keys from the ignition
- Use a reliable mailing service to post the keys to the motorcycle’s shipping destination. But before that, make copies in case they get lost along the way.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
You need to go through the USA shipping companies with a fine-toothed comb. Do not leave your precious motorbike with a company you cannot trust. Look into the following:
Go for a shipping company that does not pull up ‘surprise policies’ at the last minute. You deserve to know everything before you sign a contract with them.
A shipping company with many years of experience in the motorcycle shipping industry will have the special motorcycle handling procedures that protect your motorbike from damage.
- Notification service
The shipping company needs to have an efficient way of alerting you whenever your motorcycle has arrived at its destination. That could either be via text, email or a phone call.
- Proof of delivery
Ask if the company offers proof of delivery after they arrive at the shipping destination. It is better to insist on a written verification since it is more professional.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
We make it our main goal to reduce the stressful events you may experience when shipping a motorcycle. We want every motorbike rider to:
- Buy the motorcycle they want no matter how far they may be getting it from
- Participate in all the rallies they want to wherever and whenever they are held
- Move their motorcycle as they relocate to another place of residence.
- Have the chance to attend any touring event no matter where it starts.
- Take their motorbikes on any vacation.
By that, we can effectively help our customers with any of the following activities:
- Shipping your bike to college
- Moving your bike out of state/city/village
- Out of state motorbike sales/purchases (Amazon/eBay)
- Auction motorcycle relocation
- Seasonal/Temporary relocations
- Transporting antique, unique or inoperative motorbikes
- Office/corporate motorcycle relocation
Our Elmhurst motorcycle shipping services
Elmhurst riders can benefit from the listed services below:
- Door to door shipping
- State to state shipping
- Long distance shipping
- Packing and unpacking services
- Insurance coverage
- International motorcycle shipping
Get in touch
Don’t need the stress of moving the motorbike by yourself? Call us right away on 1-800-452-2880. Check out our site and feel free to drop in a few questions for us.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.