In many circumstances, making self-moves is possible. However, it may prove to be a daunting task since there are many activities to be done and factors to be put into consideration. By hiring motorcycle shipping services, you get to have your bike delivered in a reliable manner and you can also benefit from getting additional services. The examples of the services that moving companies provide, aside from transport services, include storage and insurance coverage. The moving companies are also familiar with the shipping laws and regulations and will advise you accordingly.
Our motorcycle shipping methods
The methods that we can use in the shipping of your motorcycle include:
Air transport - Cargo planes are used to transport the bikes to the destination within a short time. This is the most expensive shipping option but we do our best to source for the most affordable rates.
Water transport - Cargo ships are used in the delivery of the bike. This is an affordable option for making deliveries overseas.
Road transport - Our drivers deliver the bikes on motorcycle trailers, open trucks or flatbed trucks.
Rail transport: The bike is transported on a cargo train from one terminus to another.
The delivery options are door-to-door and terminal-to-terminal.
Preparation of a bike for shipping
A bike should be prepared well before it is shipped. To do this, you ought to do the following:
- Check the engine.
- Check the level of the fluids and top up the amount where necessary.
- Ensure that the gas is at a maximum level of a quarter of the tank capacity.
- Disable the alarm system.
- Disconnect the battery and drain the fluids, for crated shipping.
Traits of a good mover
To make a successful move, you ought to hire the services of a mover that can meet your needs in the best way possible. The following are the traits of a good moving company.
- Experience in shipping motorbikes to various locations across the USA, specifically in Dixon.
- Possession of valid documents such as business licenses and certificates awarded by the relevant authorities.
- Approval by the Better Business Bureau.
- Affordable rates of their services.
- Availability of a valid insurance cover.
What makes us a good choice?
The following are some of the reasons as to why hiring our services is a good decision.
- When shipping with us, you get all the support that you need, from start to finish. Our support team is ready to respond to all questions that you may have about our services and our dispatch team will give you peace of mind that your bike is in safe hands since they provide good motorcycle care.
- The delivery of your bike is completed within the shortest time possible and any delays that may be experienced are communicated to you. While making deliveries to various addresses across different states, our drivers try their best to pass through the most direct and least congested routes. This helps in reducing the transit time and having the fuel consumption within optimum levels.
- We have a comprehensive insurance cover which will cater for any damages caused to your bike while it is in our possession.
- Making moves with us is a simple process which has easy-to-follow procedures. We avail you with all the information that you need on making your move and also issue quotes upon request. The delivery of your bike begins as soon as the payment has been processed. As soon as it has been dispatched, we provide you with tracking information which ensures that you get real-time updates on the progress of your delivery.
- We avail our services at highly competitive shipping rates. You can make your moves without digging too deep into your pockets. If you would like to have the shipping quote issued to you, do provide us with the details related to your move.
The available Dixon motorcycle shipping services
We provide the following Dixon motorcycle shipping services which are highly effective and budget-friendly: open-air shipping, enclosed shipping and crated shipping, which are used in the delivery of bikes. These options are all safe and reliable but the determining factor for your choice will mainly be the level of security required as well as your budget. Our team of experts provides you with advice and guidance on all matters motorcycle shipping. Additionally, you can have your bike held safely since we provide storage services. Insurance coverage is also a mandatory service that ensures you will get compensated in the event that any harm is caused to your bike.
Please feel free to contact us when you would like to be availed with more information or issued with a quote. You can call us on 1-800-452-2880.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.