Motorcycle shipping is an activity which ought to be carried out with expertise and care. Therefore, it is best to hire moving professionals when you have a transportation need to be met. The different situations in which a bike may have to be moved include when the owner is relocating or traveling and does not intend to use the bike as the main means of transportation. Motorcycle shipping services are also required when a motorcycle is to be delivered to the address of a buyer. Riding bikes that are defective and in conditions such as adverse weather poses risks of accidents and thus the safer alternative is shipping the bike.
Motorcycle shipping methods
We provide different motorcycle shipping methods which will suit your needs and your budget. These include:
Shipping via air - Expensive but fastest means of shipping.
Shipping via water - More affordable but slower means of transportation as compared to shipping via air.
Shipping via rail: Affordable and reliable means of in-land shipping which is not characterized by delays.
Shipping via road: Common shipping option used in completing in-land deliveries. The cost may vary depending on the distance to be covered, among other factors.
The delivery options available are terminal-to-terminal and door-to-door.
To ensure that the bike is in a good condition for shipping and can be handled with ease, it should be prepared well. The motorcycle preparation tasks that you ought to do include:
- Checking the engine.
- Disabling the alarm system.
- Removing your belongings and detaching the motorcycle accessories.
- Ensuring that the tires are well-inflated.
- Ensuring that the gas is at a maximum level of a quarter of the tank capacity.
- Checking the level of the fluids.
- Inspecting the bike.
- Cleaning the bike thoroughly.
- Recording the condition of the bike, mentioning the marks on it and also recording specific ways in which your bike ought to be handled.
What to consider as you search for a shipping company
The following are the factors that you ought to consider as you search for a shipping company:
- The services offered by the shipping company; there should be a variety of them which are affordable.
- The experience of the company; It ought to be relevant and sufficient.
- The availability of a motorcycle insurance cover, which should be valid.
- The reputation of the company should be good, they should have been approved by the Better Business Bureau and received positive ratings and reviews.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click Here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Why you should hire us
There are various reasons as to why we are the best mover that you can hire:
- Our experience of close to three decades makes us well-acquainted with the best shipping practices and we can provide you with tried and tested services which are highly reputable.
- The bike is delivered in good time and you can rely on our drivers to ensure that it is also received in perfect condition. To reduce the transit time and minimize the shipping costs, our drivers pass through the shortest and least congested routes.
- We provide you with safe shipping and storage solutions whereby the integrity of your bike is maintained and you receive the bike in perfect condition. We use high-end equipment to handle your bike and also offer good motorcycle care. Additionally, we have met the safety standards set by both the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
- You can get the best shipping rates when you ship with us. We have highly competitive rates and you can be issued with a quote for free when you submit your shipping details. We attach no obligation to the quotes and we do not charge any hidden costs.
- Reaching out to us is easy since we have a support team that is available round the clock and can be contacted on a toll-free number.
Our Cary motorcycle shipping services
The following are the Cary motorcycle shipping services that we provide:
- Open-air transport, which is a popular option since it is affordable.
- Crated transport, which provides extra protection since the bike is not handled directly. To ensure that the crate can withstand the weight of the bike, the pallet base is reinforced.
- Enclosed transport, which is a secure shipping option that is more expensive compared to open-air shipping.
- Shipping advisory and guidance, which is availed by our team of experts who guide you through the entire shipping process.
- Storage services, ensuring that your bike will be held safely at our facilities and that it can be dropped off or picked up at your convenience.
Talk to us
We would love to hear from you. Please feel free to talk to us and we will be able to help you to decide on the shipping solution that will suit your needs. You can have a chat with any of our agents by dialing 1-800-452-2880.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.