There are various situations in which a bike may have to be transported. These include when:
- Adverse weather conditions make it too risky to ride the bike.
- Attending a biking event.
- Taking a bike to the mechanic.
- Delivering a sold motorcycle to the buyer's address.
- Moving the belongings of a relocating bike owner.
- Avoiding the wear and tear caused to bikes due to long-distance travel.
When any of the mentioned situations arise, it is best to hire motorcycle shipping services from a reliable mover.
Our motorcycle shipping methods
The methods of motorcycle shipping that we use while making deliveries include:
Air transport - It is the fastest means of transport in which the bike is delivered in a cargo plane.
Water transport - It is a slow but relatively affordable means of transporting bikes overseas. The bike is ferried to the receiving port on a cargo ship.
Rail transport: It is an in-land method of transportation which is highly reliable and ensures that the delivery is completed with minimal delays. The bike is transported in a cargo train.
Road transport: It is the most common means of shipping and the bike may be transported on an open truck, a flatbed truck or on a motorcycle trailer. Since some congestion may be encountered on some routes, this may result in some delays in delivery.
The preparation of a motorcycle for shipping
The activities that should be done as a bike is being prepared for shipping include removing the accessories and disabling the alarm system, checking the fluid levels, the engine and the tire pressure. Additionally, you should ensure that the level of the gas is at a maximum of a quarter of the tank capacity and also have the faulty parts fixed by a professional. In cases where the bike is being shipped in a crate, the additional preparation activities are disconnection the battery and draining the fluids. Documenting the condition of the bike can be done by inspecting it and making a report on the condition. The marks and dents should be noted down. It is also highly recommend that you take pictures of the bike.
What makes a good motorcycle mover?
To get the best shipping experience, you ought to hire a good motorcycle mover. The aspects that make a good motorcycle mover include:
- The availability of a valid insurance cover.
- The ability to provide different motorcycle shipping services.
- The approval of the company by the Better Business Bureau.
- The validity of the business, as proven by their possession of the relevant licenses and certificates.
- The ability of the mover to meet specific shipping needs by offering tailored services.
- The safety standards that the moving company meets.
Why you should hire our services
The following are some of the reasons as to why you should hire us to meet your motorcycle shipping needs:
- We are the safe hands that you can trust to deliver your bike safely. We provide good motorcycle care and also use state-of-the-art equipment to handle the bikes. Additionally, we are registered under the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
- We are experienced in making deliveries to various destinations. You can have your bike transported to DeKalb in good time and we also advise you on the various motorcycle laws that may influence your move.
- We give you value for your money. Hiring our services gives you the chance to get high-quality services and a great shipping experience at affordable rates. If you would like to get the estimated shipping cost for your move, you can provide us with the details related to your move and we shall issue you with a quote free of charge.
- We provide you with an easy and safe way to make your payments. You can easily pay for the services hired on a site that is VeriSign secured. Therefore, your information will be private and protected.
- We have a team of skilled drivers who do their best to have the bike delivered to you in good time and more importantly, in perfect condition. They pass through the shortest and least congested routes in an effort to deliver the bike to you in good time and minimize the fuel consumption.
The available DeKalb motorcycle shipping services
The DeKalb motorcycle shipping services that we avail include reliable transport solutions such as open-air shipping, enclosed transport shipping and crated shipping. These options are suitable for shipping bikes under different circumstances and they are also affordable. The additional services we offer are insurance coverage and storage services. We also give you guidance through the entire shipping process and make sure you are up-to-date with various laws that may influence your move.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.