Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Morton Grove; The land of award-winning schools, a vast selection of shopping and eatery points, parks, nature trails and a rich diverse community. Morton Grove goes down in history as the first ever American town to prohibit the use of handguns. It has also seen some significant growth throughout the years due to its proximity to Chicago and its well-developed infrastructure system. Commuter trains, local expressways and the airport fuel the dynamic growth of the town. It’s a good thing that A-1 Auto transport can also positively contribute to this growth by being a premier motorcycle shipping company for the village residents.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Open-air and enclosed transport
Open air transport is the standard shipping method and the name is coined from the open-body type of transport truck used. Many customers are concerned with this shipping method so they opt for enclosed transport. Enclosed type of transport ensures that the motorcycle is shielded from all the potential hazards of the road. Enclosed transport is way more expensive than the open-air option but it is worth the price.
- Crated Transport
The motorcycle battery will be disconnected prior to shipping and you will provide a detailed inventory of everything you put in the crate. You will not be able to ride the motorbike to and from the pick-up or drop off area since it will not have enough fuel.
- Door to door Transport
Our drivers will come directly to your specific location, that is, your place of business or at home and pick up the motorbike for delivery. If our drivers find it difficult to manoeuver your location, we will pick out another meeting point that is convenient for you.
- Terminal to terminal transport
This shipment requires the fuel tank to be ¼ full. No more, no less. Reason being that you will need to ride the motorbike on board or off the docking area.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
The motorcycle shipping rules are simple:
- Keep the bike clean. That way, you can notice all the dents or scratches and include them in your overall status
- The fuel tank should only stand at a ¼ way full and batteries should be removed.
- Photographic evidence of the car’s condition is important for insurance purposes. It also makes the shippers take extra care of your motorcycle since they know that you have proof of its original
- Write down everything that needs to be fixed before shipping and the questions you need to ask the shippers as they pick up the motorbike.
- Lock the handlebars.
- Fold in both side mirrors.
- Inflate all the tires.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
How will the shipping company secure your motorbike in the truck? Some shippers stack motorbikes on top of each other and you probably don’t want your motorcycle being dripped on by the greasy old bike on top of the rack. Ask about the stacking method used. It is safer to load bikes side by side if they are being shipped in multiples.
Verify the shipping company’s credentials. Ensure that they can provide you with their operating authority, proper licensing and insurance coverage. If not, scout around for a better company.
- Seasonal changes
You cannot ship your motorbike during summer in the same conditions that you would during winter. Go for a company that has temperature controlled containers to ensure that the little fuel in your gas tank doesn’t freeze off.
- Container size
Most moving companies offer shipping containers that are about 20 ft. to 40 ft. in size. Go for the one that perfectly fits your motorcycle’s frame.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
- To Avoid Long Drives
Motorbike rides aren’t that comfortable especially when you are going across the country. You may get tired or catch a cold from the constant breeze. For that reason, you only have to travel when the weather is favourable for riding, and it’s never sunny throughout the year in Morton Grove.
- To prevent road hazards
Travelling over long distances contributes to the wear and tear of your motorbike. Not only that but the engine is also affected.
You can avoid all this by hiring a professional shipping company like A-1 Auto Transport to do the motorcycle shipping for you.
Our Morton Grove motorcycle shipping services
- Door to door moving
- State to state and long distance moving
- Packing and unpacking of your motorbike
- Insurance coverage
- International motorcycle shipping
To wrap up
You need A-1 Auto Transport on your team when it comes to shipping your motorcycle from one destination to another. Visit our site and get an instant quote for our services.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory