Safe And Reliable Mokena Motorcycle Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
The need to transport bikes may be brought about by different circumstances. Examples of situations in which it may be necessary to hire motorcycle shipping services include transporting a motorcycle to the location at which a biking event shall happen, to the address to which an owner is relocating and to the address of the purchaser. A bike may also have to be shipped by a mover when there is adverse weather, making it too risky to use the bike. If you would like to have your bike transported to Mokena, you will need to hire a moving company that has relevant experience in making deliveries there.
Motorcycle shipping methods
We provide the following motorcycle shipping methods.
- Air shipping: This method provides you with the fastest means of shipping a bike to the destination. However, it is the most expensive.
- Water shipping: This is an affordable shipping option compared to air transport but it involves a longer delivery timeframe.
- Road shipping: This is a common inland method of shipping.
- Rail shipping: This method is an alternative to shipping via road and it is more advantageous since there are no delays in delivery.
The delivery options are door-to-door and terminal-to-terminal services.
Preparation of a motorcycle for shipping
Before you hand over the bike to the moving company, you ought to prepare it well. This can be done by checking the engine, the level of the fluids and the tire pressure as well as ensuring that the gas is at a maximum level of a quarter of the tank capacity. Disabling the alarm system and removing your motorcycle accessories makes it easy for the moving company to handle your bike. If there are any operational hitches that the mover has to know about, you should record this and make notes for them to handle the bike with ease. When shipping a bike in a crate, the additional preparation activities are disconnecting the battery and draining the fluids. Inspecting the bike so as to assess its condition is also required. Taking photos of the bike is highly recommended.
What to consider as you search for a moving company
When looking for a mover, you ought to pose the following questions as you assess if they will be the best one to hire:
- Are they experienced in shipping bikes?
- Do they possess the relevant documents such as licenses and certificates that validate their business?
- Are they insured and bonded?
- Are the services available at affordable rates?
What makes A-1 Auto Transport a good choice
The following are some of the reasons why hiring us is a good decision:
- We have been in operation for a long period of time and thus, our services have been tried and tested. We offer transport solutions which are of unmatched quality and you get value for your money when you ship with us.
- We have invested in equipment which meets the current standards of technology. Our team has also been trained on how to handle the equipment so as to move the bikes with ease and precision.
- We offer different motorcycle shipping services which are able to meet your preferences and budget. Additionally, if you have specific shipping needs, we will tailor our services so as to ensure that the bike will be shipped according to your expectations.
- We have the most competitive shipping rates and you can get a shipping quote for free. All you will have to do is to provide us with the information on your move and we shall issue the quote soonest possible. There are no obligations which will be attached to the quote issued.
Our Mokena motorcycle shipping services
To have your bike delivered and handled with a high level of efficiency and reliability, we provide different Mokena motorcycle shipping services. These include:
- Open-air transport; this is an affordable shipping option which is less secure.
- Crated transport; compared to open-air transport, this is a more secure but more expensive shipping option.
- Enclosed transport; This is a safe way to ship a bike as it will be covered against the various perils that may cause harm to it.
- Insurance coverage: This service is provided as required by law and in the event that any harm occurs to the bike, the compensation will be catered for.
- Storage services: We have secure facilities in different locations across the USA and you can have your bike stored in any of them as you schedule for it to be released to you or to the recipient.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.