Launched over two decades ago, A-1 Auto Transport Inc. has expanded over the years and undergone tremendous changes to match the market needs. We have built stable relationships with clients ranging from motorcycle owners to dealers and manufacturers.
Our preferential shipping costs have seen us ship more than 1,000,000 motorcycles since inception. This huge milestone was achieved because we provide customers with a specialized niche transport service.
Tailored transport solutions are offered with the help of well-trained experts. We answer all questions from clients in Elmwood Park within no time, and we deal with the red tape while you relax.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
There are several motorcycle transport methods. These are subject to the clients’ precedence, the distance between them and the recipient, and the budget. The options we have available are:
- Shared container method. Motorcycle dealers will find this as an economical alternative since it saves them thousands of dollars. We can facilitate the transport of over 500 bikes with just one container.
- CratedHere, the client must remove the battery from the bike before packing it in the crate. A comprehensive record of every item placed in the crate is necessary for customs clearance.
- Enclosed trailer shipping.After preparations, the motorcycle is belted in a covered truck. The interior of the truck has high-end security apparatuses to protect the bike from damage and vandalism.
- Open shipping.This is a simple method of transportation where your bike is strapped on a skid and loaded on a lowboy truck. Even if the motorcycle is at risk of damage by external factors, we have not had such cases before.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
Prevention is better than cure! We apply a similar concept at the preparations stage of your bike shipment. For those who think that getting a motorcycle ready is a cumbersome activity, the procedures are easy to do and are meant to prevent possible damages. The following are handy guidelines to keep in mind:
- Clean your motorcycle about a week before the shipping date.
- Find your licenses, operating manuals, and any other document required for shipping and arrange them. You will ship these together with the bike.
- The bike should be in neutral gear when shipping.
- Remove motorcycles accessories that are delicate. Put them in shatter-proof and labeled boxes.
- Confirm the fluids that are corrosive and inflammable. Drain these to prevent spillage and damage on the truck’s floor or the motorcycle.
- Fold in the side mirrors if they cannot be detached.
- Charge the battery, place it in a watertight container, and label the container as “hazardous.”
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
- Your motorcycle shipper should use high-end equipment while handling your bike. Ensure your ride is belted to a skid with heavy-duty straps and the liftgates are in excellent condition.
- Your motorcycle hauler should have tracking features that are instant and performed online. You should have the ability to use these features remotely.
- Ring the company you want to vet and confirm that it is a human that takes your call. With this, you are confident that when any problem arises, you will have someone to handle the situation.
- Confirm that your transport solution provider is registered and a permit issued by the US Department of Transport. Ask for their license number to confirm that they are indeed certified.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
When you request A-1 Auto Transport for shipping estimates, we usually include all applicable fees, and where cost estimation is not possible, you are notified.
We handle the red tape: After booking for bike shipment with A-1 Auto Transport, we complete the rest of the activities such as customs clearance, logistics, and quarantine procedures on your behalf. Unlike other uncaring shippers who push onus back, we tackle all challenges head-on. We are proud of the fact that we do not draw back from hurdles.
Our team comprises of skilled experts: Due to the big competition and low returns in the shipping industry, several shippers choose to hire novices. A-1 Auto Transport has a different dream! We have a solid crew consisting of shipping handlers with many years of experience.
Our Elmwood Park motorcycle shipping services
- Insurance coverage: An insurance policy is a crucial aspect of motorcycle shipping. We offer comprehensive insurance cover for every motorcycle shipment.
- Instant tracking abilities.
- Free advisory services.
Talk to us!
We would like to hear from you when you are in search of first-class motorbike transport services. We at A-1 Auto Transport Inc. handle various shipping requests and motorcycles. Ring us on 1-800-452-2880 for bookings.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.