The city of Prospect Heights has a lot of attractive places to visit and the best above all is the famous Six Flags Great America which makes a great dating spot. However, nothing beats the feeling of riding a motorbike in one of its many recreational parks. However, what happens to the wanderlust Prospect Heights residents who want to extend their riding passion to new area codes? Easy. Contact A-1 Auto Transport for special motorcycle shipping services. That’s the fastest and safest way to get your motorbike in and out of the city.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Open-air transport - The motorbike is not packaged in a container but just loaded onto an open truck for shipping. This is a common but less safe option.
- Enclosed transport - Your motorbike is given special handling and is carefully packaged in a truck with a closed body. This is the safest motorcycle shipping option.
- The door to door transport - Our driver will try to get to where you are and pick the motorcycle for shipping even if it means helping you carry it down the stairs and onto the truck.
- Terminal to terminal transport - This is a convenient motorcycle shipping service for Prospect Height residents who live close to the O’Hare airport, the Metra line service on the North Central Service or the Union Pacific/Northwest Line.
- Crated Transport - Your motorbike will be carefully tucked in a metal or wooden crate then loaded onto a trailer with a forklift for safe transportation. Multiple crates can be stacked up in one trailer truck.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
Before our motorcycle movers come in for the pickup, you should prepare your motorbike for transport. You can go through the process in a step by step method:
- First-status check
At this step, you are looking into the present damage on your motorbike. It is hard to do it when your motorbike is all dirty, so we suggest you give it a good wash before you can assess any damages.
Take note of all the damages and take detailed shots of the scratches, dents or missing parts. Date all the records so that you can give them to the shippers when they arrive. Keep a personal copy for yourself.
- Safety measures
For safety purposes, empty the fuel tank or at least ensure that it is not more than a ¼ full. Fix any fluid leaks while you are at it. Fuel leaks are a potential fire hazard.
- Security measures
If you use your motorcycle as a storage unit for some of your on-road personal items, then you need to find another storage unit. The drivers will not be keen on every tiny item on the bike and these may get lost along the way. Plus, accessories are not covered in our insurance policy.
- Final check
The motorbike should be in a good working condition so that the movers can roll it on and off the truck if necessary. Ensure to inform us if you are shipping a damaged motorcycle so that we can advise you on the best shipping method that you could use.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
The shipping company should be run by people who have a perfect understanding of how motorbikes and other automobiles work.
The shipping company should have full representation in more than half of the states of America and the largest cities in Canada. A large fleet network is very convenient for shipping your motorbike to any part of America.
- Company staff
The staff should at least be motorcycle owners who actually know how to ride one. You do not want your motorcycle to be ridden by an amateur who may end up damaging it.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
A-1 Auto Transport ticks all the boxes of what you need in a good motorcycle shipping company. We care about you and respect the value you place on your motorbike. We will, therefore, handle it with utmost care. We guarantee that you will have peace of mind from the time you call us for a quote to the time your motorcycle is shipped.
Our Prospect Heights motorcycle shipping services
Our motorcycle shipping services in Prospect Heights entail:
- Door to door delivery
- State to state motorcycle shipping-We operate in all the 50 states of USA
- long distance moving
- Loading and unloading your motorbike
- Insurance coverage
- International motorcycle shipping
Visit our site today for a price quote. Or better yet, call us on 800-452-2880 for a personalized service from one of our customer care agents.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.