Chicago Motorcycle Shipping
If you are moving to the Chicago area in Illinois, consider motorcycle shipping. With all of the reliable transport services made available throughout the city, moving there and taking along your motorcycle is very possible. Chicago is a very populated and busy city. Having your motorcycle to cruise on will make getting through the city much easier.
Chicago is a beautiful city full of exciting things to do. A motorcyclist can enjoy a cruise through its center down Magnificent Mile or even along the city’s coastline. The traffic in Chicago can get quite congested and cruising through on a motorcycle might make travel easier.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Motorcycle Transport Options and Requirements.
There are several ways in which a person can have their motorcycle shipped to Chicago. Many Chicago transport companies will offer a variety of different transport methods for you to select from. While some of these methods are seemingly safer than others, it is up to you to find a method of shipping that you feel safe using and that can accommodate your budget.
Methods of Transport.
- Open Air Shipping- this method consists of putting the bike on top of a flatbed trailer. While this is a cheaper method of shipping, it dopes leave the bike open to all weather and road conditions during its transport.
- Enclosed Shipping- this method of transport is safer. The bike is placed within an enclosed container.
- Crated Shipping- this is the safest form of transport and it consists of strapping the bike to a wooden pallet after the battery has been disconnected and the fluids have been drained. It is then slid into a small container for its transport.
- Terminal to Terminal- the bike will need to be dropped off at a transport terminal and retrieved at another one in Chicago, IL. This is cheaper than door to door, but can become inconvenient if the terminal is not near you.
- Door to Door- the motorcycle is retrieved directly from wherever it is at and dropped off at any address you need it to be in Chicago.
The Requirements that Must be Met Prior to Shipping.
- Check all fluids, the battery and the tire pressure.
- Make sure that the fuel tank is no more than a ¼ full.
- Remove anything on the bike that is loose.
- Document and take pictures of any preexisting damage.
- Wash the motorcycle and make sure it is clean of all dirt and debris.
- Disable the alarm system if your bike has one.
Transport Companies in Chicago.
Chicago Auto Shipping
500 N. Michigan Ave. #300.
Chicago, IL 60611.
Auto Transport Logisitics
155 N. Harbor Dr.
Chicago, IL 60601.
Auto Driveway National Office
11 E. Adams St. #1402.
Chicago, IL 60603.
Chicago Auto Transport
240 1550 S. Indiana Ave.