Shipping companies in Pontiac will be convenient if you want to transport your bike in any location – local or abroad. However, not all shipping firms have good intentions. Some are after the money and do not care about the motorcycle.
That said, it is essential to take your time and look for a shipper that will offer quality service, reasonable rates, and several perks. All these attributes can be found in A-1 Auto Transport Inc.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Air haulage.
- Water haulage.
- Rail haulage.
- Road haulage.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
Look for the appropriate moment before the shipment day and prepare your bike. The preparation practice includes activities like:
- Cleaning the bike.
- Placing the bike on a well-lit area and inspecting it.
- Recording the damages spotted.
- Taking clear images at different angles focusing on the damages.
- Draining the gas or leaving it at the ¼ mark.
- Pump out all other fluids in the bike, mostly the corrosive and inflammable
- Charge the battery to full capacity.
- Detach the alarm gadgets.
- Ship the fragile motorcycle accessories
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
Crucial characteristics that the shipping company you are hiring should have included:
- Valid licenses. Ensure that the hauler has the legal capacity to provide you with transport solutions in Pontiac. The certificates must be signed by the appropriate federal agency in the USA.
- Valid insurance cover. Another feature that should not lack in your shipping package is an insurance policy. If an accident occurs and your bike gets damaged, the coverage offers relief for repair fees and other forms of compensation.
- Seamless communication systems. From the start to the end of shipping, your bike shipper should have the ability to keep in touch with you. The assigned shipment controller should always be a call away to pick your calls. They also should send you updates of the shipping progress.
- Reasonable shipping rates. The government regulates motorcycle transport rates. That said, you should be aware of the current prices in the market when making your budget. Make sure the shipper’s charges are not above the set limit and that they can tailor the shipping services to offer you precise packages.
- Multiple shipping methods. When you walk into any store you expect to find different products offering similar services, but with various features. This should be the same case with your shipper. A variety of options offer you the chance to select the services with the characteristics that suit your needs.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
- We have the adequate shipping experience to transfer bikes to any location under the sun. 30 years of honing hauling skills have seen us work with top bike manufacturers, dealers, and riders’ groups like Royal Enfield and Indiana.
- Our consistency in providing customers with quality services is evident through the reviews the clients leave on our testimonials page. Check out what they think about our services, and indeed you will not hesitate about hiring us for your move.
- Solid teamwork has been a great pillar in providing our clients with satisfactory services. Our staff is trained before we can assign them shipping tasks. Most of our shippers are owners of different motorcycles, which is an added advantage when it comes to caring for motorcycles.
- You will receive real-time and instant tracking information about your shipment in your smart devices. Our shipping trucks are fitted with trackers that connect with a satellite to relay information to wherever you are.
Our Pontiac motorcycle shipping services
- Motorcycle storage. After shipping the bikes, they are stored in facilities that under watch 24/7. The bikes remain in the facilities until you can come for collection.
- Complete customer satisfaction. You will leave our premises after you are sure of the method of shipping to use. After delivery, you can inspect the bike to make sure there were no damages caused during transit.
- Crated Crates built at A-1 Auto Transport are durable and offer the expected safety to your motorbikes. The crates are wooden and slated. If you own a classic bike, this is the ideal service for you.
- Exclusive bike transport. Your motorcycle will be handled by professional handlers. Our handlers ship bikes and no other item. Bikes are shipped separately, and you will not find them together with household goods.
Talk to us!
We are here to help you move your bike in the safest way possible. If you need our help, call our toll-free number 1-800-452-2880.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.