Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Safe And Reliable Alsip Motorcycle Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
The shipping of different types of bikes such as classics, touring bikes, ATVs, and trikes in Alsip needs excellent experience, the right tools, and qualified personnel. Before shipping, some negotiations take place between the motorcycle haulers and customers. During this process, you should be very careful not to fall into traps laid by rogue companies. If you are a first-time client, you will need to research about the shippers to confirm that their services are satisfactory. Find a few colleagues that have used shipping companies before to tell you how the processes take place.
All the useful features you wish to find in a shipper are found in our company. A-1 Auto Transport is a tried and tested shipping company in the USA. Also, we have expanded our horizons to other countries around the world to serve clients looking for international shipping services.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Shipping via air. In our list of available shipping methods, this is the fastest option. We can use a cargo plane to ship your bike locally or internationally.
- Shipping via water. The most convenient international shipping method on our list happens to be water shipping. The prices are lower than air shipping, and the water vessels can carry several bikes.
- Shipping via rail. When talking of inland methods of transportation, the rail option tops the list because of uninterrupted services and lower prices.
- Shipping via road. Another inland hauling method that is known for its convenience especially to those who don’t have access to terminuses.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
- Wash your bike and dry it before hauling. Possibly hidden damages will get revealed.
- Give the shipper all the travel documents. These include the manuals and permits.
- Acquire a personal insurance if required to do so.
- Fold in your side mirrors and unscrew the addons.
- Note down the damages and take as many images as possible from all sides.
- Remove motorcycle accessories. When shipped on the motorcycle, they will get damaged. Have them packed in different boxes.
- Keep the gas level at ¼ tank or even less. Some shippers request customers to drain all the fuel.
- When planning to use the crated transport option, you should disconnect the battery and pack it in a more secure box.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
For a successful motorcycle shipping, there are attributes the shipper should possess. Without these, you will only risk losing your money and the bike too. The characteristics include:
- The risks covered by the shipper’s insurance cover. Insurance covers come in different forms. That said, it is wise to ensure the insurance policy acquired by your shipper will cover for all perils. The motorcycle shipper should be responsible for following up the compensation process if your motorcycle gets damaged.
- Licensed and certified services. It is wise to check if your hauling company has permission to do business in Alsip. Check if the seals and signatures on the licenses are genuine. Request to see the US DOT and MC numbers too.
- Check if the shipper has an office in your hometown before hiring them. This is the place you should run to for consultations when things go wrong.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
- Our team comprises of only professionals. Shippers who handle your bike at A-1 Auto Transport get trained in addition to many years’ experience. Take time and watch them as they go about their activities. They are very organized and know how to handle customers expertly.
- Our company is ranked highly on the Better Business Bureau and has incredible reviews on our testimonials We have shipped salvaged motorcycles, ATVs, collectors’ bikes and many others without receiving complaints from clients.
- Our handling equipment is modern. They were acquired from certified dealers and approved by government agencies before use.
Our Alsip motorcycle shipping services
- Crated haulage. Delicate scramblers are secure when shipped in wooden crates. The crates are slatted, and some have pallets fixed at the bottom.
- Enclosed vehicle haulage. Inside our trucks, the latest devices are installed for comfort and security. Damage agents such as road debris and harsh weather get thwarted.
- Insured shipment. We cover bikes that we receive for shipping and do the follow-up for compensation if they get damaged.
- Terminal-to-terminal transport. Your motorcycles get delivered to specific pick-up points. They will be stored until you to come and collect them.
- Door to door transport. The most convenient delivery method for those who cannot leave the house due to bad weather or health conditions.
Talk to us!
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory