Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
The village of Vernon Hills is made up of an affluent suburban community who pride themselves in their ability to always come up with innovative ways to grow the village. It also serves as the headquarters of well-known manufacturing companies such as Zebra Technologies which provides receipt printers and thermal barcode labels to internationally known companies like the Fortune 500 companies. American Hotel Register which is a popular manufacturer of hospitality products also has its headquarters at Vernon Hills and is ranked as a top employer in Lake County, Illinois. Vernon Hills is full of surprises with its diversity in culture and economic benefits, that is why A-1-Auto Transport is proud to announce its motorcycle shipping services to the village. We are a shipping company with networks in Illinois and other states in the USA and can help you transport your motorbike safely to other destinations.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
Domestic motorcycle shipping
- Open-air transport
If you go for this type of shipping method, you should know that there won’t be any covered sides or a roof on the shipping trailer to protect the motorbike. It will be exposed but safe.
- Enclosed transport
If you are sceptical about the open transport, you could go for the enclosed shipping method where the trailer has covered sides and a roof to protect the bike from debris. Highly priced motorbikes are preferably shipped via this method as they require a higher level of safety and security.
- Door to door transport
Do you run a motorcycle selling business? Get the motorbike picked up straight from your shop by one of our shippers and delivered directly to your customers.
- Terminal to terminal transport
Do you live next to a terminal, say, an airport, railways or any another form of depot? Make your work easy by having us deliver the motorbike to the depot and you can easily ride it away when you go to collect it.
- Crated transport
Crated transport entails using a wooden crate to secure your motorbike in order to ship it over a long distance say, an overseas country.
International motorcycle shipping
- RoRo (Roll on, roll off)
This is a shipping service offered to customers shipping their motorbikes by sea transport. We used skids and special soft ties to roll the motorbike onto the deck of the ship and the same tools to roll it off once the ship has anchored at the destination.
A shipping container is shaped like a cuboid and has all its six sides intact with only one opening to let in the motorbike. Up to 8 motorbikes can be stacked into one container which is then carefully lifted onto the shipping vessel.
- Port to port
Your motorcycle will start its journey at the port of loading and end at the port of destination after which you will arrange for the pick-up.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
- Detach all your personal items
- Clean the motorbike. It makes it easier for the shippers to move your motorbike.
- Take pictures for record keeping purposes.
- Check the brakes
- Disconnect the battery
- Inflate the tires to give the motorbike extra cushioning
- Empty the fuel tank or ensure it is only ¼
- Remove the keys from the ignition
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
- Insurance cover
The motorcycle shipping company should be able to provide you with proof of insurance as the law requires them to carry their insurance certificates and disclose it when asked to. Be particular on what is covered in the insurance policy and inquire on what extent of damage is covered.
- Registration and Licensing
The motorcycle shipping company should be fully compliant with the moving industry’s regulations on moving and licensing. Ensure that it is registered with the Department of Transportation.
- Container size and capacity
At this point, you are looking for variety especially if you are in the business of shipping motorcycles. Ensure that they have different containers sizes that can fit any motorcycle brand that you are about to ship.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
We can help you with:
- Transporting to a classic motorcycle show
- Snowbird motorcycle moving
- An out-of-state motorcycle move
- Auction motorcycle relocation
- Seasonal/Temporary relocations
- Online motorbike sales/purchases (Amazon/eBay)
- Moving your motorbike for college
Our Vernon Hills motorcycle shipping services
- Long distance shipping
- International Motorcycle shipping
- Domestic motorcycle shipping
- Packing and unpacking services
- Door to door shipping
- State to state shipping
- Insurance coverage
A-1 Auto Transport’s motorbike shipping services are available in Vernon Hills and you can call us at 1-800-452-2880.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory