Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Being a resident of Westmont certainly has its perks. You could visit the Lebeck Park, Muddy Waters Park, Green Meadows Park, Saddlebrook park or the Rotary Park. Alternatively, you could choose to spend the whole day golfing at the Oak Brook Hills Golf Club or get your mind blown by fine arts at the Gregg House Museum. There is just so much to do in this village but what if you want to import/buy a motorbike? Just seems a bit too hard with all the formalities regarding customs and international shipping right? If that is the case, then A-1 Auto Transport can help you. We can arrange for collection, crating and shipping to any destination in the USA and overseas. And yes, we handle all the customs and clearances on behalf of our customers.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
Domestic Motorcycle shipping options
- Open-air transport – For customers who don’t mind having their bikes on an open trailer exposed to external factors.
- Enclosed transport – Done upon special request by customers moving highly-valued motorbikes that need extra security and protection.
- Door to door transport – The customer holds the power to choose a drop-off and pick-up point.
- Terminal to terminal transport – We pick up and drop off your motorbike at a depot that is close to you.
- Crated transport – Mostly suited for unique or inoperative motorcycles moving over a long distance like for instance an overseas Some people refer to this as palletized shipping since we use pallets to cushion the motorbike.
International Motorcycle shipping methods
- RORO (Roll on roll off) – As the name suggests, the motorbike is rolled on and off the ship using special skids and tie-down straps to keep it in place.
- Port to port – Get the chance to move your motorbike from your Westmont hometown to a port in a different location
- Container – Multiple motorbikes can be stacked in one container either side by side or one on top of one other (separated by compartments) then transported in a container mounted on a ship.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
- Personal items
Many people assume that since their personal items do not fall off when riding their motorbikes then they won’t come off when shipping. Well, that is far from the truth. During shipping, machines lift the motorbikes onto the shipping containers and in the process, your personal items may fall off. Not only that but also there is a lot of vibration when the shipping truck is in transit and the items may fall off and get damaged or lost. It is therefore wise to remove them before shipping.
- Keep records
This is a smart move especially with your motorcycle shipping insurance on the line. You need proof of the extent of damages (if any) on your motorbike before the shippers transport it. It is important to note that the shippers will make their own records on the pick-up day. Ensure that their records match yours. Photos are the best way to maintain uniformity.
- General Maintenance
The trick is to make sure that your motorbike is in perfect condition to the extent that the shippers notice its glow. There is no doubt that they will give it extra care since you have set the pace for them in terms of handling standards.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
Ensure that the shipping company respects your privacy when it comes to the personal information you give them and the item you need to be delivered.
Look for a company that has dealt with shipping motorcycles for about 10 years or more.
Does the shipping company actually exist or are you being set up for a con? Look into their licences and operating authority. Ensure that they have the legal right to operate in Westmont and the city you need to transport your motorcycle to.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
First off, we can boast of providing stellar services to our customers for a staggering 30 years. Throughout that time, we have helped our customers with:
- Seasonal/Temporary relocations
- Out of state motorcycle sales/purchases (eBay or Amazon)
- Moving your motorcycle out of state
- Auction motorcycle relocation
- Transporting your motorbike to college
- Shipping antique, special or inoperative motorbikes
- Office/corporate motorcycle moving
In addition, we are quite motorcycle savvy and can handle even the most complex motorcycles brands like the BMW or Harley Davidson.
Our Westmont motorcycle shipping services
- Insurance coverage
- International motorcycle shipping
- Door to door shipping
- State to state shipping
- Long distance shipping
- Packing and unpacking services
Talk to us
Dial up 1-800-452-2880 and get in touch with us for shipping services in Westmont. You can also have a look at our site for other shipping services.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory