Usually, when you want to move your bike from one geographical location to another, you get on it and ride it. However, if you're going to ship the bike too far, or even abroad, you will most likely need to reckon other alternatives.
At A-1 Auto Transport, there are several practical solutions available tailored for safety. You can choose to ship the bikes using trucks, airplanes, trains, or water vessels. All our methods are affordable and offer value for your money. Customers also enjoy non-paid perks for every shipment.
We have trained experts who help you whenever you are stuck with your shipment. They have the experience to tailor shipping services to meet your requirements.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Enclosed auto transport. One way to transport a motorbike and protect it from factors like road debris and severe weather is enclosed trailer shipping.
- Cargo container. Metal containers offer the best protection to bikes, especially when shipping overseas. You can request us to come and pick your bike up from your home, pack it in a container, and take it to the port for overseas shipping.
- Non-enclosed truck transport. Motorcycle transport via open trailers is the most used shipping option in the USA. The method is safe and affordable for many bike riders.
- Crated Our crates are made from wood to keep the weight of the cargo low. If you want to use the crated method, our shippers will come to you and measure your bike. We will use these readings to build a crate in which your bike fits.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
Getting your bike ready for transportation is an activity that many bike owners dislike. However, you should know that the actions involved in the preparation stage are meant to protect the motorcycle from damages. The tasks are such as:
- Clean your bike and ensure all dirt is cleared.
- Examine the clean bike for damages. Record the visible flaws and the general condition of the bike.
- Use a good camera and take photos of your motorbike. Make sure that the images reach the recipient of the bike.
- Call an expert to come and perform thorough maintenance on the motorcycle.
- Remove your items from your motorbike and keep them in a safe place.
- Aftermarket parts and accessories are to be removed and shipped in a separate package.
- All hazardous fluids should be drained from the bike.
- Make sure the gas level is not above a ¼ of the tank.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
- Variety of motorbike shipping solutions. Typically, the shipping needs of one client will differ from another client’s. That said, your shipper should prove to be professional by showing that they can cater for the needs of various customers.
- Make sure that the shipper follows the law. They should be conversant with the rules and regulations governing the shipping industry in North Chicago.
- Sufficient experience is what you should be looking for when hiring a shipper. Firstly, they must have over 15 years in the industry. Secondly, they must have shipped in your village before.
- Another factor to consider when choosing a bike shipping company is their presence. Consider selecting a shipping company that has offices near you. Urgent issues are solved faster if you can access their offices within the shortest time possible.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
- Our shippers rely heavily on handling equipment to load, ship, and roll off motorcycles. All our machinery meets international standards and officers from the government audit them yearly to ascertain that we service them as needed by the law.
- Before our recruits can begin working in any station of ours, they pass through essential and comprehensive training. Shipping veterans train and impact them with a wealth of knowledge in bike shipping. Some of the teachings they receive are the latest trends and proper customer service. The present staff attends training forums steered towards enlightening them on modern technology, laws, and patterns.
- We have professionals who attend to you if you cannot find an option with your budget. We value all our clients and provide them with customizable rates. We will personalize a package that matches your budget.
Our North Chicago motorcycle shipping services
- Satellite-tracking service. You can track your bike shipment via your smartphone by login on our user-friendly interface. The real-time status of the motorcycle can be checked at any hour.
- All-bikes transport service. We have adequate experience to transport all types of bikes, including ATVs, scooters, and speed bikes.
- Insurance coverage.
- Cost-free advisory services.
Talk to us!
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.