Bike shipping is usually brought about by various factors. These factors include:
- Severe weather. Riding bikes in bad weather is dangerous.
- Mechanical faults. It is obvious that after breaking down, a bike cannot function and must be shipped to a mechanic for repairs.
- When your doctor recommends that bike riding is a risky activity as the medicine you are taking can cause dizziness.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Crated shipping.
- Enclosed shipping.
- Non-enclosed shipping.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
You, as a bike owner, should make sure that your bike is readied for transportation by completing the following steps.
- Wash the bike thoroughly.
- Note down any mark, blemish, or dents noticeable.
- Take pictures of the motorcycle and ensure you focus on the damages.
- Unscrew all the hanging motorcycle accessories. Find a padded container and ship them in there.
- Switch off the alarm device.
- Check the state of the engine and arrange for repairs if there are defects.
- Ensure that the tires are filled with enough air.
- Lower the gas level to about a quarter tank to reduce the weight and shipping fees.
- Drain the fluids.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
Achieve a successful bike shipment when you hire a Macomb shipping company that meets all the requisites of a good shipping company. The essentials the shipper must meet before you can partner with them include:
- The motorcycle shipping company must offer their services at reasonable prices. Reasonable prices mean that they should follow the set price range. If their prices are above the range, then the company is deceiving you. Hidden charges are uncalled for as well.
- It is easier to lay your trust on an approved shipping company. If you want to know if a transport solution provider is approved, browse the list of shippers on Better Business Bureau The agency publishes other handy information such as the ratings. Using a highly rated haulage company will give you peace of mind.
- When locating a shipper you can trust, always be sure to verify their certification. They should have been licensed by the relevant government agencies.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
Below we have listed the many reasons why A-1 Auto Transport Inc. should be your shipper today:
- Our communication system will never fail you. We have many communication channels which potential and current clients can use hanging on their precedence. You can use phone calls, Skype calls or filling out our online form.
- The essential tools of a shipping company are the handling tools. We have acquired top-of-the-range machinery for various models of bikes. After watching the handlers load and secure your bike in our trucks, you will be sure that we will deliver the cargo to the given address untouched.
- Our rates are the best in the market because we are bike lovers who want fellow riders to ship bikes without breaking the bank. Visit our offices today with your budget, and our experts will be glad to tailor a suitable shipping package.
- A-1 Auto Transport Inc. is one of the most experienced shipping companies not only in Macomb but also across the USA. We began shipping bikes over 30 years ago, and until now, we have help hundreds of thousands of clients across the globe with one or the other shipping service.
Our Macomb motorcycle shipping services
- Cost-free advisory services. For you to make an informed choice, you must know what is entailed in every service. Unlike other shippers, we do not charge for consultations.
- Storage services. When you have a lot of work to do at the office, you do not have to be worried about your motorcycle. We have storage facilities that are under surveillance 24/7. Collect your bike when you are ready and have enough time in your hands to inspect it.
- Bike crating. We are builders of specialty shipping crates. We use softwood and cushion to build the crates. Softwood will be easy to disassemble after delivery, and the cushions offer protection to the bike while in transit.
- Insurance coverage. When booking for bike shipment, the coverage will be included in your package. In the event of an accident, bikes can get damage due to the impact. The owners receive compensation depending on the extent of the damage caused.
Talk to us!
Hire us today, and you will enjoy the best shipping services in the US. We have several shipping services available tailored with safety in mind. For comprehensive help and extra information, talk to our agents on 1-800-452-2880.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.