Safe And Reliable DeLand Motorcycle Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
There are various reasons as to why a motorcycle may have to be transported, but usually, the main need is to have it delivered safely. Circumstances which may require you to hire motorcycle shipping services include when a purchased bike has to be delivered to the buyer, when avoiding the wear and tear that may be caused to a bike due to long-distance travel or when relocating a business or individual, therefore having to transport the bike to their new address. A bike that has some repair work to be done will also have to be transported to a mechanic.
Our motorcycle shipping methods
The different methods that we can use to deliver your motorbike include:
- Air transport, which is a fast and reliable way to have a bike delivered to the destination.
- Water transport, which is a slower but more economical option when transporting bikes overseas.
- Rail transport, which is an in-land method of transportation that has minimal delays since there is no congestion encountered.
- Road transport, which is the commonly used method of transportation for in-land deliveries. Some delays in delivery may be expected because congestion and unexpected road blocks may be encountered.
Motorcycle preparation activities
A bike that is to be shipped has to be prepared well. The activities that are done to ensure that the bike will be in a condition fit for shipping include cleaning it, disabling the alarm, checking the inflation of the tires, the level of the fluids and the engine. You should also confirm that the gas is at a maximum level of a quarter of the tank capacity. It is also expected of you to inspect the bike and assess if it has any repair that needs to be done before it is shipped. From this inspection, you should make a report and also take photos of the bike from different angles.
Note: It is good to check with the moving company that you are hiring if there are any specific requirements that they have so that you can prepare the bike according to their expectations. Some movers expect handlebars to be removed. Also, shipping using the crated option requires extra preparation such as detaching the battery and draining the fluids.
Choosing a mover
The type of service that you will get when shipping your bike all depends on the type of mover you choose to hire. The questions to pose as you search for a mover are:
Is the mover licensed, bonded and insured?
Does the mover have sufficient experience in the transportation of bikes, especially to DeLand?
Is the moving company rated and reviewed positively?
Is the company approved by the Better Business Bureau?
Why you should hire A-1 Auto transport
The following are the reasons why you should hire our services:
We have high-quality services which meet your motorcycle shipping needs in an exceptional way. We have the ability to provide tailored services such as Sturgis bike week shipping and Harley-Davidson shipping. To add to this, our services are available at very affordable rates.
We have been inspected and approved by agencies such as the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and the United States Department of Transportation, proving to you that we are a reliable mover.
We ensure that your bike will be securely shipped and that it will arrive in perfect condition. Many have trusted us to ensure that a bike's integrity will be maintained, including the people selling bikes via eBay.
We make the shipping process less complex and you get to enjoy a hassle-free experience. Communicating with us is made easier since we have a toll-free number. We also provide you with shipping information that relays real-time updates on the progress of your delivery.
Our DeLand motorcycle shipping services
The following are some of the DeLand motorcycle shipping services that we provide:
- Open-air transport is an affordable shipping option. However, since it provides less security to the bike, it may not be suitable for shipping over long distances especially under harsh weather elements which may cause damage to the bike.
- Enclosed transport, which provides better protection over the bike but is more costly compared to open-air transport.
- Crated transport, which is a secure shipping option that ensures the bike will be handled well and chances of it being damaged are lowered.
- Motorcycle shipping advisory services that help you to make informed shipping decisions.
- Insurance coverage, which is a service provided as required by law and it ensures that you will be prepared for the uncertainty that comes with shipping bikes.
Move with us
We hope that you will choose to move with us. We provide you with reliable yet affordable transport solutions. You can get a quote or more information on our services by calling us on 1-800-452-2880.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.