It is never wise to try and transport a bike on one’s own. Even if you have a trailer to secure it to, it takes the right equipment and care to be used during the journey.
In order to find safe and reliable shipping services, take to the Internet. Find the best companies nearby your home in Ponte Vedra Beach
All About Motorcycle Transport.
As the owner, it’s important that you find the best possible transport method for the bike. All of the methods are reliable, but some offer a little more protection for the motorcycle than others. The rates and styles of each method will also vary, so always keep your budget in mind.
- Enclosed shipping includes transporting the motorcycle in a closed container.
- Open air shipping transports the bike by putting it on top of a trailer. Considering that the motorcycle is left in the open air, poor weather or road conditions could possibly cause damage to the bike.
- Crated shipping is a very safe option, but it requires quite a bit of preparation before the transport can be made.
- Terminal to terminal transport is when the owner must take the motorcycle to a terminal for its transport. They then must pick it up at another terminal nearby the bike’s destination. This is a cheaper option.
- Door to door transport consists of the company coming to retrieve the bike from its home. They will then drop the bike off at any specified address.
Make sure that you select a method that you feel comfortable using. If your motorcycle means a lot to you, it is best that you go with a method of transport that you feel is best for the bike’s trip.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.