Transporting a motorcycle to Tampa, Florida can be done quite simply with a trustworthy and reliable shipping company. With all of the different companies and transport methods, you are surely going to find the right way to transport your motorcycle, one that you can feel comfortable with. Be willing to make a few calls and do a little research to really weigh out your options.
Shipping your motorcycle to Tampa will allow you the freedom of finding alternative transportation so that you can take along other valuables and property. You can also save the mileage on the bike for when it arrives in the beautiful coastal city.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Is There Anything I Must Do to Prepare the Motorcycle for Shipment?
Prior to motorcycle shipment, there are some standard procedures one must address. This will help the shipping company with the transport. It will also make the shipment go along smoothly and keep the motorcycle at its safest.
- Make sure the bike is cleaned thoroughly.
- Remove anything hanging on the bike, or that might be loose or unnecessary.
- The gas tank can’t be more than ¼ full.
- Check the fluids, battery and tire pressure.
- Disbale the alarm system if there is one.
- Document any existing damage on the motorcycle. Even take pictures.
Variety of Shipment Methods.
Choosing the right shipping method is important for the saftey of your motorcycle. While all of the ways offered by most companies are pretty reliable, some methods are safer than others. However, many trusted shipping companies will offer insurance during the shipment to give that extra assurance your motorcycle is in good hands.
- Enclosed Shipping- the motorcycle is placed within a closed trailer.
- Open Air Shipping- the bike is placed on top of a flatbed trailer, left open to poor weather and road conditions.
- Crated Shipping- the bike is drained of all fluids and the battery is disconnected. It is then placed on a wooden pallet and strapped down. Then, it is slid into a tight enclosed trailer. This method is the safest for the bike.
- Terminal to Terminal- a cheap option in which the bike is dropped off at a shipping terminal and picked up at another terminal in or near Tampa.
- Door to Door- the bike is picked up from wherever it is at and then taken to wherever you specify in Tampa.
Tampa Transport Companies.
9261 Lazy Ln.
Tampa, FL 33614.
1410 E. River Cove St.
Tampa, FL 33604.
1218 E. Comanche Ave.
Tampa, FL 33604.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory