Transporting a motorcycle to Tampa, Florida can be done quite simply with a trustworthy and reliable shipping company. With all of the different companies and transport methods, you are surely going to find the right way to transport your motorcycle, one that you can feel comfortable with. Be willing to make a few calls and do a little research to really weigh out your options.
Shipping your motorcycle to Tampa will allow you the freedom of finding alternative transportation so that you can take along other valuables and property. You can also save the mileage on the bike for when it arrives in the beautiful coastal city.
Is There Anything I Must Do to Prepare the Motorcycle for Shipment?
Prior to motorcycle shipment, there are some standard procedures one must address. This will help the shipping company with the transport. It will also make the shipment go along smoothly and keep the motorcycle at its safest.
- Make sure the bike is cleaned thoroughly.
- Remove anything hanging on the bike, or that might be loose or unnecessary.
- The gas tank can't be more than ¼ full.
- Check the fluids, battery and tire pressure.
- Disbale the alarm system if there is one.
- Document any existing damage on the motorcycle. Even take pictures.
Variety of Shipment Methods.
Choosing the right shipping method is important for the saftey of your motorcycle. While all of the ways offered by most companies are pretty reliable, some methods are safer than others. However, many trusted shipping companies will offer insurance during the shipment to give that extra assurance your motorcycle is in good hands.
- Enclosed Shipping- the motorcycle is placed within a closed trailer.
- Open Air Shipping- the bike is placed on top of a flatbed trailer, left open to poor weather and road conditions.
- Crated Shipping- the bike is drained of all fluids and the battery is disconnected. It is then placed on a wooden pallet and strapped down. Then, it is slid into a tight enclosed trailer. This method is the safest for the bike.
- Terminal to Terminal- a cheap option in which the bike is dropped off at a shipping terminal and picked up at another terminal in or near Tampa.
- Door to Door- the bike is picked up from wherever it is at and then taken to wherever you specify in Tampa.
Tampa Transport Companies.
Auto Transport Logisitics LLC.
9261 Lazy Ln.
Tampa, FL 33614.
Great American Auto Transport
1410 E. River Cove St.
Tampa, FL 33604.
D&R Auto Transport
1218 E. Comanche Ave.
Tampa, FL 33604.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.