Motorcycle Transport Made Easy
A-1 Auto Transport caters to the needs of many different customers and all variety of motorcycles. We know the trust required in putting your bike in the care of a transport company and we pride ourselves on being thorough and professional while finding the best shipping option at the best rate possible.
Click here to browse through our motorcycle shipping company directory.
Why Use an Auto Transporter to Move Your Bike?
Customers opt for our motorcycle transport service for a number of reasons. Some are buying or selling a bike and need it delivered to its final destination. Others are starting a road trip or attending a rally on the other side of the country (or sometimes in a foreign country). In either case, the common element among our customers is that they expect their motorcycle delivered safely and without the wear and tear of long distance travel.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
We offer several options to fit the needs of our two wheel enthusiasts. Motorbikes can be shipped on a semi-truck, flat bed, or a motorcycle trailer that can be pulled behind another vehicle. We also have enclosed transport and door-to-door delivery options available for motorcycles.
Motorcycle Shipping Options
When transporting a motorcycle, there are several options you should consider to determine which method is best for you. Here are some of the options available:
- Enclosed transport
- Open air
- Door to door
- Terminal to terminal
- Crated transport
Enclosed transport is the safest and most secure way to move your bike. Using enclosed transport ensures that your motorcycle will be protected from the elements and any potential storage or transport hazards.
Open air transport is also an option if you’re comfortable having your bike slightly exposed to weather and driving conditions. This method typically involves the bike being secured to a flatbed truck or a tow trailer.
Door to door transport is exactly what it sounds like. We pick up your motorcycle at the specified location and deliver directly to its destination.
Terminal to terminal transport is more cost-effective, but it can mean having to pick up your bike at a depot which is not always convenient, depending on your proximity to the terminal.
Crated transport involves securing your bike to a pallet and loading it onto a truck in a wooden crate. This is a popular option but it’s important to keep in mind that crated transport does typically require some extra preparation. All fluids need to be drained, the battery needs to be disconnected and, in some cases, removal of mirrors and handlebars may be required.
Preparing Your Motorcycle for Shipping
Whatever option you choose for motorcycle shipping, it is important to make sure that your bike is ready to be shipped when it’s time. This short list covers the basics:
- Clean the bike of dirt and deposits
- Remove any accessories or loose items
- Disable the alarm system if it has one
- Check fluids, tire pressure and battery
- Gas reading should not be above 1/4 tank before transport
- Inspect and document any existing damage for your records (photos recommended)
Related Information & FAQ
- How much will shipping a motorcycle accross the country cost you?
- Motorcycle shipping calculator: get fast quotes from shippers
Other Considerations to Take Into Account
A-1 Auto Transport is a SmartWay Partner with the Environmental Protection Agency, with whom we work to reduce harmful emissions in the auto transport industry. We are also VeriSign Secured, which ensures that all online communications through our website are securely encrypted for the privacy of our customers.
While the various transport options may seem complicated at first glance, we strive to make the process as simple as possible at A-1 Auto Transport. It’s our goal to keep you aware of all the options available and to deliver on our promise of a trusted and affordable service. Whether shipping your standard, off-road or dual purpose bike, we have a motorcycle transport option that will work for you! To get started, fill out the form at the top of the page for a free quote today!
Call 1-800-452-2880 or fill out the form at the top of the page to get a FREE motorcycle shipping quote today!
Domestic Motorcycle Shipping Destinations
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
- 3 Tips When Shipping Your Motorcycle
- Average Cost to Ship a Motorcycle
- Best Way to Ship My Motorcycle
- Cheapest Way to Ship a Motorcycle
- Get Honest Motorcycle Shipping Rates Fast
- How Do I Ship My Motorcycle across the Country?
- How Does a Transport Company Calculate Your Cost to Ship a Motorcycle?
- How much does it cost to ship a motorcycle across the country?
- How Much Does It Cost to Ship a Motorcycle Overseas?
- How Much Does It Cost To Ship A Motorcycle?
- How Much Does It Cost to Ship your Motorcycle Across the Country?
- How Much Will It Cost You to Ship a Motorcycle Across the Country?
- How to Find the Best Motorcycle Shipping Brokers Nearby
- How To Get The Cheapest Motorcycle Shipping Rates
- I Need to Ship My Motorcycle - Where Do I Begin?
- Information for Shipping a Motorcycle with Household Goods
- Is a Motorcycle Shipping Calculator Accurate - What Other Ways Can I Gather Prices?
- Is Shipping My Motorcycle to Sturgis Easy?
- Look for the Best State to State Motorcycle Shipping Services
- Mobile Motorcycle Shipping
- Motorcycle Shippers Online Quote Calculator
- Motorcycle Shipping Charges
- Motorcycle Shipping Company Directory
- Motorcycle Shipping via Rail and Other Shipping Services Explained
- New Jersey Motorcycle Shipping
- Preparing a Motorcycle for Transport
- Preparing a Motorcycle That Is Scheduled for Air Shipping to Europe
- See If You Qualify for Motorcycle Shipping Discounts
- Ship Motorcycle Via Airline
- Ship My Motorcycle Overseas With a Professional Transport Company
- Shipping a motor to florida safely
- Shipping A Motorcycle Across the Country
- Shipping a Motorcycle to Europe Is Easier with an Experienced Transport Company
- Shipping Your Motorcycle Is Safest through Professional Transport Services
- Shipping Your Motorcycle Overseas
- Take Advantage of Motorcycle Shipping from New York to Florida
- The Advantages of Shipping a Motorcycle to Hawaii through Professionals
- The Available Motorcycle Shipping Services from Hawaii
- The Process of Shipping Your Motorcycle from the East to West Coast
- Transport Methods Recommendations from Motorcycle Shipping Companies
- Use Door to Door Delivery Services to Ship Your Motorcycle
- West Wendover Motorcycle Shipping
- Westminster Motorcycle Shipping
- What Are My Options If I Ship My Motorcycle?
- What Should I Do to Receive Estimates from Motorcycle Shipping Companies?
- What’s the Safest Method to Ship My Motorcycle to Hawaii
- Will the Military Ship my Motorcycle?
- Will the Navy Ship My Motorcycle?
Auto Transport Services
- All Terrain Vehicles / ATVs
- Boats & Yachts
- Car Transportation
- Classic & Antique Cars
- Dealer To Dealer Auto Transport & Car Shipping Services
- Domestic Motorcycles
- Door To Door, Pickup Dropoff
- Enclosed / Covered
- Freight Shipping
- Golf Cart Shipping
- International / RoRo
- International Boat & Yacht Shipping Services
- International Motorcycle
- Luxury Vehicles
- Military & Armed Forces
- Multi Car Shipping & Transport
- RVs & Motor Homes
- Truck Shipping
Auto Transport Information
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?