Motorcycle Shipping Services from A-1 Auto Transport
As a trusted leader in the auto shipping industry, A-1 Auto Transport can accommodate virtually any transport request, whether you need your motorcycle shipped across the state, country or even internationally. All of our quotes include real-time satellite tracking and insurance coverage while your vehicle is in our care. We are a full service auto transporter that is licensed, bonded and insured, offering you the most peace of at the most affordable price.
For an instant quote, fill out the form at the top of the page and let the industry’s top auto transport professionals go to work for you. You can also call us anytime at 1-800-452-2880.
Motorcycle Transport Made Easy
A-1 Auto Transport caters to the needs of many different customers and all variety of bikes. We know the trust required in putting your bike in the care of a transport company and we pride ourselves on being thorough and professional while finding the best shipping option at the best rate possible.
Click here to browse through our motorcycle shipping company directory.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Motorcycle Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Transit Days|
|Los Angeles to Las Vegas, NV||$650||270 miles||2-4 days|
|Chicago, IL to Memphis, TN||$680||530 miles||2-4 days|
|Atlanta, GA to Detroit, MI||$680||725 miles||3-5 days|
|San Diego, CA to Dallas, TX||$680||1360 miles||4-6 days|
|Phoenix, AZ to Seattle, WA||$680||1425 miles||4-6 days|
|Houston, TX to New York, NY||$730||1630 miles||5-7 days|
|Miami, FL to Denver, CO||$750||2065 miles||6-8 days|
|Portland, OR to Memphis, TN||$750||2245 miles||6-8 days|
|Boston, MA to Phoenix, AZ||$780||2650 miles||7-9 days|
|San Jose, CA to Miami, FL||$780||3070 miles||7-9 days|
- *Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of motorcycle you are shipping.
- *$7000 insurance coverage is included per vehicle.
- *Additional coverage is available.
- *Call us for specific date requests.
Why Use an Auto Transporter to Move Your Bike?
Customers opt for our transport service for a number of reasons. Some are buying or selling a bike and need it delivered to its final destination. Others are starting a road trip or attending a rally on the other side of the country (or sometimes in a foreign country). In either case, the common element among our customers is that they expect their shipment delivered safely and without the wear and tear of long distance travel.
We offer several options to fit the needs of our two wheel enthusiasts. These vehicles can be shipped on a semi-truck, flat bed, or a trailer that can be pulled behind another vehicle. We also have enclosed transport and door-to-door delivery options available for motorcycles.
When transporting a motorcycle, there are several options you should consider to determine which method is best for you. Here are some of the options available:
- Enclosed transport
- Open air
- Door to door
- Terminal to terminal
- Crated transport
is the safest and most secure way to move your bike. Using enclosed transport ensures that your shipment will be protected from the elements and any potential storage or transport hazards.
is also an option if you’re comfortable having your bike slightly exposed to weather and driving conditions. This method typically involves the bike being secured to a flatbed truck or a tow trailer.
is exactly what it sounds like. We pick up your vehicle at the specified location and deliver directly to its destination.
is more cost-effective, but it can mean having to pick up your bike at a depot which is not always convenient, depending on your proximity to the terminal.
involves securing your bike to a pallet and loading it onto a truck in a wooden crate. This is a popular option but it’s important to keep in mind that crated transport does typically require some extra preparation. All fluids need to be drained, the battery needs to be disconnected and, in some cases, removal of mirrors and handlebars may be required.
Preparing for Shipping
Whatever option you choose, it is important to make sure that your bike is ready to be shipped when it’s time. This short list covers the basics:
- Clean the bike of dirt and deposits
- Remove any accessories or loose items
- Disable the alarm system if it has one
- Check fluids, tire pressure and battery
- Gas reading should not be above 1/4 tank before transport
- Inspect and document any existing damage for your records (photos recommended)
Other Considerations to Take Into Account
A-1 Auto Transport is a SmartWay Partner with the Environmental Protection Agency, with whom we work to reduce harmful emissions in the auto transport industry. We are also VeriSign Secured, which ensures that all online communications through our website are securely encrypted for the privacy of our customers.
While the various transport options may seem complicated at first glance, we strive to make the process as simple as possible at A-1 Auto Transport. It’s our goal to keep you aware of all the options available and to deliver on our promise of a trusted and affordable service. Whether shipping your standard, off-road or dual purpose bike, we have a motorcycle transport option that will work for you! To get started, fill out the form at the top of the page for a free quote today!
Call 1-800-452-2880 or fill out the form at the top of the page to get a FREE motorcycle shipping quote today!
Related Information & FAQ
- How much will shipping across the country cost you?
- Shipping calculator: get fast quotes from shippers
- Cheap transport options
- Crate and ship
- Enclosed shipping
- How do I ship my motorcycle?
- Shipping across country
- Shipping brokers
- Shipping by train
- Motorcycle shipping coast to coast
- Motorcycle shipping companies international
- Seasonal shipping discounts
- Door to door services
- Military discount
- Shipping Sturgis Bike Week
- Motorcycle shipping West Coast
- Shipping overseas
- Is it safe to ship my motorcycle?
- Shipping motorcycle to Hawaii
- Harley Davidson transportation
- Trike shipping
- Motorcycle shipping cost estimator
- Certifications and licensing that motorcycle shipping companies should have as validation
- Choosing the most reliable transport company to ship your motorcycle
- How to prepare for transport
- Shipping insurance
- The cost of shipping explained
- How long will my shipment take?
- How to keep your bike safe during transit
- What happens if my bike is damaged during the shipping process
- What's the difference between international and domestic shipping
- What's the most popular way to ship?
- Long distance motorcycle movers
- Ship three (3) motorcycles
- Ship two (2) motorcycles
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
A-1 Auto Transport - Domestic Locations
We Strive to Serve Communities in all 50 States.
- ATV FAQAuto ShowsAuto Transport BrokersAuto Transport CarriersBlogBoat FAQCar BrandsCar Classic FAQCar Domestic DestinationsCar Domestic FAQCar International DestinationsCar International FAQCar ModelsDomestic MovingDoor to Door FAQEnclosed FAQFreight InformationHeavy Equipment InformationInternational Moving FAQMilitary FAQMotorcycle BrandsMotorcycle Domestic DestinationsMotorcycle FAQMotorcycle International DestinationsMotorcycle International FAQMotorcycle US StatesMoving CompaniesMoving GuidePressRV FAQTowing FAQ
- All Terrain Vehicles / ATVsBest Door to Door Exotic Car Transport ServicesBest Enclosed Exotic Car Shipping ServicesBest Exotic Car Shipping RatesBoats & Yachts (Overseas)Car and Motorcycle National Transportation ServicesCar Delivery ServicesCar Pick-Up And Delivery ServiceCar TransportationClassic & Antique CarsDaily Direct Motorcycle TransportDoor To Door, Pickup DropoffElectric Auto Transport ServicesEnclosed / CoveredFor DealersFreight Shipping & Heavy Cargo TransportGolf CartsHeavy Vehicle TransportHot Rod Auto TransportInternational / RoRoInterstate Car TowingJet Ski Shipping & Transport ServicesLong Distance Moving ServicesLuxury VehiclesMilitary & Armed Forces
- 2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September2017 - August