Palmetto Motorcycle Shipping
Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Safe And Reliable Palmetto Motorcycle Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Motorcycle shipping services are meant to help bike owners in the time of need. These are times when one cannot operate the motorcycle even if they wanted to. Such times include:
- When the weather is unfavorable and riding in it is deemed dangerous. Trucks used to ship motorcycles are strong enough to withstand even thunderstorms.
- When the bike owner is ailing. It is not advisable to operate your motorcycle if you have poor health conditions.
- After buying a new motorcycle from an overseas country or online stores like eBay, the law requires you to have the motorcycle registered before you are allowed to ride it on the streets, so meanwhile you will have to ship it to your destination.
- A broken-down motorcycle cannot be operated without first getting repaired. If the mechanic is miles away, then you will need help from a motorcycle shipping company.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Open-air transport. A short-distance transport solution that is affordable and fast. Lowboy trucks and flatbeds are the common mediums for shipping.
- Enclosed transport. The medium used to ship motorcycles includes covered trailers and seal containers. Your bikes will be safeguarded against damage from external factors.
- Crated bike transport. Before loading the cargo in enclosed trucks or open trucks, it is packed in a wooden crate with a reinforced pallet base built with soft wood.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
- Travel documents are important for cargo shipping. Examples of the necessary papers are manuals, shipping permits, and riding licenses.
- Insurance coverage should be your armor just in case something goes wrong while the bike is in our hands.
- Wash, rinse and dry the scrambler a couple of days before transportation.
- In a well-lit place, inspect all parts of the motorbike keenly and record any defect you find.
- Take good images of the motorbike from various angles. These serve as visual evidence of the bike’s state before transportation. Take other pictures after delivery of the motorcycle.
- Maintenance of the machine should be executed by a professional motorcycle mechanic.
- Personal items left on motorbikes during shipping will easily get damaged or lost. Avoid such instances by storing them in safer places.
- Shaking of the truck while in transit will loosen some screws; thus causing fragile motorbike accessories like headlights and indicators to break. Have these removed and shipped in padded containers. Label them appropriately too.
- Inflammable and corrosive fluids are such a menace. Draining them keeps the trip safer.
- Full fuel tanks can fill a truck with fumes. A fire explosion is the next thing you will experience. Keep the fuel at a quarter-tank or less.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
Look for reliable motorcycle shippers after learning what aspects to focus on. Zero in on the following.
- The comments and testimonies. These are the roadmaps towards receiving quality services. Read through all the reviews and check the rating given by previous clients. Good shippers will have positive reviews and those are the haulers you should stick to.
- The level of experience of your shipper in the business. Find out when the shipper started out in the shipping business. If they have been in business for over 15 years, proceed with the negotiations. This is a period stretch in which the shipper will have handled almost all types of bikes and gathered enough skills.
- The shipper’s address is another factor you must investigate when hiring motorcycle shipping services. Their presence should be seen in all cities and countries they offer services in. It is wiser to book for shipping in their Palmetto offices.
- Ask for registration details from the shipper. They should produce all the licenses and other legal certificates as proof. Be keen to notice if they are hesitant. Use the US DOT number to confirm their details.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
We have viable reasons to boast of topping the greatest shipping companies on the USA list. These are the reasons:
- All our shippers are trained to carry out different shipping activities. They also own various brands of motorcycles. That is an added advantage; background/basic skills plus trained skills.
- We are proud to be the only shipper offering more than 10 different shipping methods. You choose from the list or get help from our experts. The methods can be combined or even tweaked to fit your requirements.
- We will handle your motorcycle using the best equipment available. These machineries are heavy duty and serviced often. We have not had a case of malfunctioning equipment before.
Our Palmetto motorcycle shipping services
- Door-step delivery services.
- Crated shipping services.
- Free storage services.
- Comprehensive insurance services.
Talk to us!
Talk to our agents if you have any question regarding hauling services in Palmetto. Our telephone number is 1-800-452-2880.