Safe And Reliable Lauderdale Lakes Motorcycle Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
If you unearth the happenings within the motorcycle shipping industry in the past years, you will find that there was a huge gap that reliable motorbike shipping firms like A-1 Auto Transport looked to fill with exceptional services. Time is now long gone when bikes had to pass through a mechanic after shipping. Recently, there is use of high-end machinery, the handlers get better training, and the riding culture is on the rise. For about 30 years we have seen the industry advance as new bike models are built every sunrise. The two wheels society can also enjoy our affordable services together with other freebies like storage and tracking.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
When transporting your motorcycles, there are some methods we recommend. They include:
- Open-air transport. Motorcycles get secured on skids using soft ties and wheel chokes then loaded on flatbeds or non-enclosed trucks. This is a safe option in case you are looking to move your cargo to nearer locations.
- Enclosed transport. This is a good alternative when looking to move motorbikes to far places. The motorbikes are loaded in sealed trucks and strapped down to avoid swaying especially on sharp corners/bends. Damaging elements like severe weather cannot act on the motorcycles.
- Air transport. It is another category under overseas shipping options. Good news is the method is very fast compared to water transport. The only downside is the high prices it attracts.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
Below are handy guidelines to follow when preparing motorcycles for transportation:
- Wash every part on the motorcycle. Do not forget to clean in between joints.
- Use a mechanic to check the engine for defects and other mechanical problems. Let them repair the bike in need be.
- Some fluids pose great danger if shipped in the motorbike. Determine what fluids are hazardous and drain them.
- Too much fuel in the bike is hazardous. If the gas level is above ¼ of the tank capacity, it has to be lowered.
- Perform an inspection on the bike. Take your time when doing this. Look for blemishes, discolorations, and other forms of damage.
- Record the findings on paper. When the shipper arrives, share a copy of the same.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
Looking for reliable shipping services in Lauderdale Lakes? Here are vital characteristics one should be keen to check:
- Efficiency in shipping companies shows how competent they are. To find an efficient shipping service, you will find out that the driver will consider using shorter routes to save on fuel, they advise the customers on how to lower the weight of motorcycles, and how to avoid standoffs with the customs that can lead to hefty fines.
- Having deep knowledge of the industry is a great trait that shippers should have. Good knowledge of the highways in the places they intend to transport bikes, deep knowledge of shipping polices in the US, and knowledge of diverse and innovative ideas is a must for shippers you hire.
- Proof of approval by federal agents is a must before letting anyone handle your motorcycles. If the shippers produce their permits or licences, you are sure that you are dealing with legitimate service providers. A good hack to ensure shippers are licensed is checking their US DOT number.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
- Top quality machinery is what we rely on to handle motorcycles. We rarely touch the motorcycles with bare hands to minimize cases of vandalism.
- Clients feel appreciated because they can pick the shipping service they think is the best fit. That said, we have in store several motorcycle shipping options that were designed with such diversity in mind. All customers have the right to use the service they wish at any time.
- We have the best drivers you will ever come across. These drivers have the experience you crave to find. They are trained for defensive driving; hence, they will try as much as possible to protect the cargo when under attack.
Our Lauderdale Lakes motorcycle shipping services
Here are the available Lauderdale Lakes motorcycle shipping services.
- Door to door shipping. Many clients use this service for convenience.
- Terminal to terminal shipping. With this service, clients have the obligation to bring the bikes to us for shipping or collect them from us after shipping.
- Crated shipping. The service is essentially using wooden boxes to shield bikes when shipping.
Talk to us!
A-1 Auto Transport is the trailblazer of the fight for better shipping services in Lauderdale Lakes. Our clients never have to stay up at night worried about the aftermath of shipping. Our professional truck operators and handlers are motorbike aficionados who will guide you through the step-by-step process until you are contented. Call 1-800-452-2880 to communicate to the agents regarding your shipping needs.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.