The most reliable method to go about getting a motorcycle out Gainesville is to use a professional shipping service. A professional moving company can transport a motorcycle through various methods.
How a motorcycle's transported is up to the customer and the professionals get the job done.
Options for Shipping a Motorcycle.
- Enclosed Transport - This popular method is the safest way to transport a motorcycle from one destination to the next. When a customer chooses this option they can rest assured that their bike's protected from poor weather and road conditions.
- Open Air Transport - This method is also a popular and reliable method. As long as the customer is fine with their bike being slightly exposed to outdoor elements, there is no better way to transport the motorcycle.
- Door to Door Transport - This convenient delivery method picks the bike up at a specific location. It's then delivered directly to its destination.
- Terminal to Terminal Transport - This is the most cost effective way to transport a motorcycle but not the most convenient. If the customer does not live near the depot where the bike's delivered to, some traveling is required to pick up the bike.
- Crated Transport - This preferred method of transport loads the motorcycle onto a truck inside of a wooden crate. This is a safe way to get the bike to its destination but requires some extra preparation. Depending on the motorcycle, the handlebars and mirrors may have to be removed. Also the fluids must be drained and the battery disconnected.
Requirements before Transporting a Motorcycle.
- Clean the motorcycle of any dirt and grime.
- Remove any objects and accessories loosely hanging from the bike.
- Turn off the security alarm if the motorcycle is equipped with one.
- Check the fluids, tire pressure and battery.
- Gas level should be no more than ¼ tank filled before shipment.
- Document any and all damages prior to transporting the motorcycle.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.