Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Galveston, Texas
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Galveston, Texas Reliable Auto Transport
Galveston is home to around 50,000 people and is one of the most beautiful cities in the State of Texas. The economy of Galveston is very stable and there are many business and employment opportunities in tourism including resorts, spas, attractions and waterfront activities including boat tours and skiing instruction. There are also ample jobs to be found in healthcare, finance, technology, shipping, manufacturing and retail positions throughout the city. The city is located on Galveston Island, a barrier island off the gulf coast of Texas and has a typical humid and subtropical climate. When shipping a car to the city you need to be prepared to drive in hot weather and should make sure your car has been maintenance and has plenty of antifreeze to prevent overheating in the hot temperatures. Galveston has one of the most used shipping ports in the U.S. and serves cargo and freight ships as well as cruise ships like Carnival and Disney’s Cruise Line ships including Disney’s Magic. Tourists from around the U.S. and the world enjoy shopping, dining and spending time at the resorts in Galveston. The city also hosts many popular events during the year including a Mardi Gras events, a jazz and blues festival and many other musical events and art and craft show each year.
For more information on the city, you can visit the Galveston website where there is quite a bit of information about things to do in the city, lodging, dining and many other interesting areas of attractions.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time|
|Galveston to New Orleans||$367||367 miles||2 – 4 days|
|Galveston to Oklahoma City||$494||494 miles||2 – 4 days|
|Galveston to Indianapolis||$637||1062 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Miami Beach to Galveston||$725||1209 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Phoenix to Galveston||$734||1224 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Minneapolis to Galveston||$736||1227 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Washington, D.C. to Galveston||$856||1428 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Galveston to San Francisco||$1186||1977 miles||5 – 7 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Shipping to Galveston
When you’re planning to ship a car to Galveston, you need to decide on the type of transport you want and whether to use a broker or a carrier to schedule service.
- Open or Enclosed: There are two ways to ship a car. You can use an open carrier or enclosed carrier. An open carrier will cost less and is essentially going to help get the car delivered quicker than when using an enclosed carrier. The only drawback to an open carrier is that the vehicle will be exposed to weather and road debris during transport as it would be if driven personally. This is however, the perfect choice for cars that are driven frequently. Enclosed carriers will cost more than open carriers and may take a little more time for delivery, but they are excellent choices for classic, antique and luxury cars. Enclosed carriers are occasionally climate controlled and they offer a secure, protected transport that open carriers do not offer.
- Broker or Carrier: When searching online it is sometimes difficult to know whether a company is a broker or a carrier. A carrier will have a DOT number whereas a broker will not. Brokers can arrange for a carrier to move the car for you and they will often require a non-refundable deposit upfront for the service. The balance will be paid by you directly to the carrier. A carrier owns their own trucks and they can often schedule service faster as well as with a lower cost. If you don’t have the time to search for a carrier on your own, a broker can be very beneficial. If you have time, looking for a carrier on your own can save you time and help get your car delivered faster.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Galveston Auto Transport Directory
Your guide to companies that offer auto transport to and from Galveston, Texas.
Acme Truck Line
Acme Truck Line provides reliable solutions to all of your automobile transport needs whether shipping locally within Galveston, statewide in Texas or nationwide to any of the 50 states of the United States. All services are performed by professional, licensed and insured carriers. Rates are competitive and service can be scheduled quickly.
3515 1st Ave N,
Texas City, TX 77590
Total Carrier Solutions
Total Carrier Solutions is a leader in the automobile transport brokering community and they can arrange quick and affordable carrier service for cars, trucks, vans and SUV’s throughout the United States. They work in all 50 states of the U.S. including Alaska and Hawaii and can also ship to Canada, Mexico and many other countries internationally. All services are insured and bonded.
418 Magnolia Way,
League City, TX 77573
Aaaa Galveston Wrecker Service
Aaaa Galveston Wrecker Service provides 24/7 towing and wrecker service in the Galveston area of Texas. They also do battery boosts, tire changes, and other minor roadside services. All services are fully insured and pricing is affordable.
822 25th Street
Galveston, TX 77550
Galveston includes ZIP codes
77550, 77551, 77552, 77553, 77554, 77555.