Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Alton, Texas
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Alton, Texas Reliable Auto Transport Services
Known as the “City on the Grow” Alton was founded in 1911 by a few hundred citizens as well as railroad officials from Alton, Illinois. Today, Alton, Texas has grown to nearly 15,000 people and is a very integrated community of residents that have strong political, religious, social and educational beliefs and values. The city works hard to provide services and activities that will have a positive impact on the lives of the citizens in the community. There are many places that offer residents of Alton space to be creative, healthy and socialize with others in the city. The residents as well as city official’s work together to help neighbors and keep the community close. There are four local parks including a public swimming pool. The parks have picnic tables and grills, sports fields and nature trails and residents can rent pavilions for special events. There are several local events each year including a Christmas parade, Easter egg hunt and free music shows for the public.
For more information about the City of Alton, you can visit the city website.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time|
|Alton to Oklahoma City||$524||699 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Alton to Kansas City||$627||1046 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Alton to Jacksonville||$730||1217 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Minneapolis to Alton||$888||1481 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Salt Lake City to Alton||$928||1547 miles||5 – 7 days|
|Los Angeles to Alton||$955||1593 miles||5 – 7 days|
|Cleveland to Alton||$985||1643 miles||5 – 7 days|
|Alton to Washington, D.C.||$1053||1755 miles||5 – 7 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Car Shipping Tips
A-1 Auto Transport has some of the best tips in the auto transport industry to assist you with finding the most reliable transport for your motor vehicle.
- Broker or Carrier – There are differences between auto transport brokers and auto transport carriers that many people may not realize. Brokers do not typically own their own carriers for transport, although there are some that are both brokers and carriers. Brokers will quote a price and will locate a carrier to pick your car up and deliver it. It can take some time when a broker handles the transport for you as they will search for a career to work for the price they have quoted. A carrier, on the other hand, will quote the price and schedule the service at the same time. Many people prefer to use a broker to cut out the time involved in searching for carriers that offer the precise services they need, while others prefer to find a carrier on their own and schedule fast service.
- Research – You need to carefully research each company that you contact. Check reviews online as well as request personal references from the company. Also, check the company website to see if the company is legitimate. There are many phony companies listed online and you can occasionally spot these companies when looking at the website due to grammatical and spelling mistakes on the site. You may also want to check with the company to get their US DOT registration number. Legitimate carriers will have registration and that can be verified by visiting the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration website.
- Automobile Preparation – When you have hired a transport company and have a scheduled date of pick-up for your car you will need to make sure the car is prepared for shipping day. The car needs to be cleaned inside and out and all personal items removed from the inside. Take all loose, removable items from the outside of the car including luggage and bike racks, spoilers and car covers. You need to have enough gas in the car for the driver to be able to move the car as other vehicles are picked up and delivered on the transport route. A quarter tank of gas is sufficient for that. Make sure that you are available the scheduled date of pick-up as well as delivery. You will need to sign the Bill of Lading for insurance purposes.
- Open or Enclosed Transport – if you have a standard motor vehicle that you drive every day, open air shipping is suitable as well cost effective. For classic, custom and antique automobiles, enclosed carriers are best as they offer a secure, well-protected environment during transport. Shipping a classic car on an open carrier is risky as debris, weather and animals can potentially cause cosmetic damage during transport.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Alton Auto Transport Directory
Richie Auto Transport
Richie Auto Transport has been in business since 1998. They offer open and enclosed transport carriers and haul motor vehicles nationwide from coast to coast. They are family owned and operated and just a phone call away from a price quote and booking service.
28117 Interstate 20
Wills Point, TX 75169
Crestline Auto Transport
Crestline Auto Transport transports all types of motor vehicles including RV’s, ATV’s, motorcycles and boats. They work for individuals, dealerships, corporate relocations and others and can be contacted by phone to schedule transport.
3530 Forest Ln
Dallas, TX 75234
Alton includes ZIP codes
75568, 75751, 78573.