Yacht Marine Transport
Shipping a yacht isn’t easy for someone without the proper gear and equipment. It takes special tools, freight ships and transport technology to ship a yacht safely to another location. Hire a reputable transport company with overseas shipping services and the capability of transporting a yacht. Fortunately, there are many wonderful yacht marine transport companies for you to consider.
There are certain attributes that a shipping company should have if you’re going to hire them for yacht marine transport services. By paying close attention to who you hire, you can assure a safe and successful transport. Below, you’ll find some of the qualities all dependable transport companies should have before you hire them for marine transport.
- They should have all the right certifications including state licensing, DOT registration and BBB approval.
- All licensed transport companies are required to provide the state minimum amount of insurance coverage to those who purchase shipping services through them.
- Yacht transport companies will have all the proper equipment, tools and shipping technologies to carry out a transport. Having the right gear is extremely important if you wish for your yacht to make it safely to its destination.
- International transport professionals will have training and experience in the industry. They’ll even help you gather the documentation needed and guide you through the process.
- They’ll have a variety of shipping services for those who wish to transport their yacht elsewhere. These services should be budget friendly. If you don’t see what you’re looking for offered by the transporter, they should have the ability to personalize your shipping services as necessary.
The Process of Shipping a Yacht Overseas
Before the day your yacht is scheduled to ship off, you’ll need to prepare accordingly. When shipping your yacht overseas, call the embassy of the nation you’re shipping to. They will give you all the information you need including what proof you must provide to Customs to gain import approval. You’ll also receive the current tax rates. All taxes must be paid in full to gain approval.
Once all the right documentation is given to Customs, start preparing the yacht. This may include a thorough cleaning and securing all latches and hatches to prevent them from opening during the yacht’s journey. Your transport company will give you further direction in regards to the preparation of your yacht.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?