Shipping A Military Vehicle – Requirements & Discounts
Our military POV shipping services apply to PCS moves both within the United States and internationally, as well as Hawaii and Alaska. We have one of the largest fleets of transport carriers in the industry, including overseas shipping vessels, that operate year round in every part of the world. Discounts are available for all active and retired service members.
POV Transfer Requirements
- The vehicle must be owned or being leased by a member of the military or a dependent
- The auto must be self-propelled and legal on public highways
- If a leased vehicle, written consent for transport must be included from the third party
- Must have four wheels or more, with exceptions for mopeds and motorcycles
For active duty military and veterans, we offer discounts on military car shipping. Regardless of your current location or where you need a vehicle moved, we offer a price break to all active duty and retired military personnel.
Our discounts apply to all branches of the armed forces: Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force & Coast Guard.
Forms Required For Military Auto Transport
The links below are for the official forms from the Defense Technical Information Center that you’ll need to complete before being able to have a company transport you auto, motorcycle or van.
*Please note: you will also need your military ID to pick up your vehicle at its destination point. For transporting a car to the U.S. from another country, Alaska or Hawaii (OCONUS to CONUS POV shipping), a valid U.S. street address will be needed for the vehicle to get through customs.
Have questions about military car transport? Call us today at 1-800-452-2880 and we’ll be happy to answer your questions! A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. You can also click here to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Military Car Transport Resources
USA.gov – The official web portal for the U.S. government has a wealth of resources, including government services, agencies and job prospects.
Military Base Guide – A list of Army, Navy, AIr Force and Marine bases around the United States. Search by name, location or military branch.
Shipping Your POV – An in depth guide on shipping your POV.
Military Auto Transport: Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- All Terrain Vehicles / ATVs
- Boats & Yachts
- Car Transportation
- Classic & Antique Cars
- Dealer To Dealer Auto Transport & Car Shipping Services
- Domestic Motorcycles
- Door To Door, Pickup Dropoff
- Enclosed / Covered
- Freight Shipping
- Golf Cart Shipping
- International / RoRo
- International Boat & Yacht Shipping Services
- International Motorcycle
- Luxury Vehicles
- Military & Armed Forces
- Multi Car Shipping & Transport
- RVs & Motor Homes
- Truck Shipping
Auto Transport Information
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?