We offer a wide variety of full service boat and yacht transport services, including shrink wrapping, RoRo shipping, overland transport and more! Here are the details of our more popular boat moving services:
- Shrink Wrapping: Prevents moisture from damaging your boat and keeps out salt which can cause damage from abrasion, as well as harm the interior of watercraft.
- Roll On, Roll Off: Load your vessel onto one of our carriers with ease using the roll on, roll off method. This requires the boat be secured to a trailer which is then wheeled on to the transport carrier, delivered to its destination, and wheeled off.
- Overland Transport: If you need transport services from an inland location to a shipping port, whether within the continental U.S. or to a port in another country, we can handle that too!
- Interstate Boat Shipping: We have a wide selection of state to state transport options, including coast to coast, long distance and cross country moving services, as well as door to door delivery to all 50 states.
- International YachtTransport: We don’t just relocate boats in the United States, we also deliver to ports and shipping locations around the world.
- Full Service Moving: We transport watercraft for private owners, dealers, brokerages, and manufacturers. We specialize in moving sail boats, power boats, and yachts, but we can accommodate shipping requests of any kind.
Shipping a boat internationally? Click here.
The Basics Of Preparation
Before turning over your boat to a professional transport company, there are a few things you’ll need to do in order to prepare it for moving. The basics of what you’ll need to do are covered below.
*Always ask the transporter if you have any questions or are unsure about any part of the preparation or process.
- Drain the fuel tank & disconnect any electronic components, including the alarm
- Remove or stow all loose items including the following: antennas, electronics, propellers, anchors, flag masts and valuables
- Secure all compartments, windows, doors and hatches inside the boat
- Accurately measure your boat (see below)
Zebra mussel advisory: Zebra mussels are an invasive species that not only wreak havoc in the ecosystems they infiltrate, but also cause considerable problems for commercial and industrial pipelines when they cluster. Check your vessel thoroughly or risk facing a hefty fine and possible jail time for spreading them. Zebra mussels are especially common in the Great Lakes area.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
How To Properly Measure Your Boat Before Transport
In order to get an accurate quote on the cost of moving your vessel, it’s essential that a proper measurement be taken. Here is a simple guide:
- Vessel length should be measure from the front of the bow to the middle of the stern. This is an important measurement to have since it can impact the method of transport and the type of carrier that we use.
- Vessel height is measured from the keel (the lowermost structural beam) to the highest part of the vessel. The highest point should not include any removable parts of the boat.
- Vessel width, also known as beam, is the distance between the widest part of the vessel and should include any railings or attachments.
Boat Transport Resources
Boater Education – An active forum for boating enthusiasts that has helpful tips and advice, as well as information on clubs and boater safety.
Boating Magazine – Information on boating news, equipment, repairs and more form one of the leading online voices in the boating community.
Boat Owners Association of the United States – An association of boat owners that advocates for the boating community across the United States.
Related Information & FAQ
Boat Shipping Services: Frequently Asked Questions
- 3 Tips For How To Ship Your Boat
- All You Need To Know About Shipping A Personal Watercraft
- All You Need To Know About Shipping A Sail Boat
- Boat Cradle Shipping
- Boat Hauling & Transport Services Offered By A-1
- Boat Shipping Cost per Mile
- Boat Shipping Costs & Considerations
- Boat Shipping East Coast to West Coast
- Boat Shipping Florida
- Boat Shipping Florida to Australia
- Boat Shipping In A Container
- Boat Transport By Road
- Boat Transport By Sea
- Boat Transport Interstate
- Boat Transport Near Me
- Boat Transporting Calculator By A-1 Auto Transport, Inc.
- Buy Services from Professionals for Boat Shipping to Hawaii
- California Boat Transport
- Cheap Boat Shipping - What You Need To Know
- Cheapest Way to Ship a Boat
- Container Boat Shipping
- Differences Of Shipping A Boat Vs. Shipping A Car
- DIY Boat Shipping Vs. Hiring A Professional Boat Transporter
- Find Reliable Boat Shipping and Get an Instant Quote
- Find the Right Professionals for Boat Shipping out of Florida
- Flat Rack Boat Shipping
- Hire the Experts of Transport for Boat Shipping from the USA to the UK
- How Do I Ship A Boat?
- How Do I Ship a Non-Operable Boat?
- How Do I Ship a Salvaged Boat?
- How Much Does It Cost To Ship A Boat?
- How Much Does It Cost to Ship a Non-Operable Boat?
- How To Measure Your Boat
- How To Ship A Boat Overseas?
- Interstate Boat Towing
- Learn About Boat Transport by Sea before Booking with Professionals
- Preparing A Boat For Transport
- Preparing for a Professional Boat Transport by Road
- Safe Yacht Shipping
- Shipping A Boat Across Country
- Shipping a Boat to Canada
- Shipping a Boat to or From Miami
- Shipping A Boat USA To Australia
- Shipping Boat across the Country
- Take Advantage of Boat Shipping by Train
- Taking Pictures of Your Boat Before Shipping
- The Preparation Required before Shipping Your Boat through a Transport Company
- Those Interested in Hiring Experienced Boat Transport Can Get an Online Quote
- Top Boat Shipping Companies
- U.S. & International Boat Transport Services
- What Are My Options When Boat Shipping from the USA to Canada?
- What Does It Cost to Ship a Houseboat?
- What Is Lift On Lift Off Boat Shipping?
- What Is the Cost to Ship a Salvaged Boat?
- What Is The Federal Maritime Commission?
- What to Look for in Dependable Boat Shipping to Puerto Rico
- What Will It Cost to Ship a Boat across the Country?
- What You Should Know about Boat Shipping from the USA to Europe
Auto Transport Services
- Car Transportation
- Best Snowmobile Shipping & Transport Services
- International / RoRo
- Enclosed / Covered
- Door To Door, Pickup Dropoff
- Luxury Vehicles
- Classic & Antique Cars
- Military & Armed Forces
- Domestic Motorcycles
- International Motorcycle
- All Terrain Vehicles / ATVs
- Boats & Yachts
- International Boat & Yacht Shipping Services
- RVs & Motor Homes
- Motorhome Shipping & Transport Services
- Truck Shipping
- Freight Shipping
- Golf Cart Shipping
- Multi Car Shipping & Transport
- Dealer To Dealer Auto Transport & Car Shipping Services
- Salvaged Car Shipping & Transport Services
- Non Op Car Shipping & Transport Services
- SUV Shipping & Transport Services
- Jet Ski Shipping & Transport Services
- Interstate Car Towing
Auto Transport Information
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?