U.S. & International Boat Transport Services
We offer a wide variety of full service boat and yacht transport services, including shrink wrapping, RoRo shipping, overland transport and more! Here are the details of our more popular boat moving services:
- Shrink Wrapping: Prevents moisture from damaging your boat and keeps out salt which can cause damage from abrasion, as well as harm the interior of watercraft.
- Roll On, Roll Off: Load your vessel onto one of our carriers with ease using the roll on, roll off method. This requires the boat be secured to a trailer which is then wheeled on to the transport carrier, delivered to its destination, and wheeled off.
- Overland Transport: If you need transport services from an inland location to a shipping port, whether within the continental U.S. or to a port in another country, we can handle that too!
- Interstate Boat Shipping: We have a wide selection of state to state transport options, including coast to coast, long distance and cross country moving services, as well as door to door delivery to all 50 states.
- International YachtTransport: We don’t just relocate boats in the United States, we also deliver to ports and shipping locations around the world.
- Full Service Moving: We transport watercraft for private owners, dealers, brokerages, and manufacturers. We specialize in moving sail boats, power boats, and yachts, but we can accommodate shipping requests of any kind.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Boat Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Transit Days|
|Los Angeles to Las Vegas||$740||270 miles||2-4 days|
|Chicago to Memphis||$1455||530 miles||2-4 days|
|Atlanta to Detroit||$1995||725 miles||3-5 days|
|San Diego to Dallas||$3740||1360 miles||4-6 days|
|Phoenix to Seattle||$3920||1425 miles||4-6 days|
|Houston to New York||$4480||1630 miles||5-7 days|
|Miami to Denver||$5680||2065 miles||6-8 days|
|Portland to Memphis||$6175||2245 miles||6-8 days|
|Boston to Phoenix||$7285||2650 miles||7-9 days|
|San Jose to Miami||$8440||3070 miles||7-9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and other factors.
*Rates are based on an 11 ft. boat.
*Call us for specific date requests.
Shipping a boat internationally? Click here.
The Basics Of Preparation
Before turning over your boat to a professional transport company, there are a few things you’ll need to do in order to prepare it for moving. The basics of what you’ll need to do are covered below.
*Always ask the transporter if you have any questions or are unsure about any part of the preparation or process.
- Drain the fuel tank & disconnect any electronic components, including the alarm
- Remove or stow all loose items including the following: antennas, electronics, propellers, anchors, flag masts and valuables
- Secure all compartments, windows, doors and hatches inside the boat
- Accurately measure your boat (see below)
Zebra mussel advisory: Zebra mussels are an invasive species that not only wreak havoc in the ecosystems they infiltrate, but also cause considerable problems for commercial and industrial pipelines when they cluster. Check your vessel thoroughly or risk facing a hefty fine and possible jail time for spreading them. Zebra mussels are especially common in the Great Lakes area.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
How To Properly Measure Your Boat Before Transport
In order to get an accurate quote on the cost of moving your vessel, it’s essential that a proper measurement be taken. Here is a simple guide:
- Vessel length should be measure from the front of the bow to the middle of the stern. This is an important measurement to have since it can impact the method of transport and the type of carrier that we use.
- Vessel height is measured from the keel (the lowermost structural beam) to the highest part of the vessel. The highest point should not include any removable parts of the boat.
- Vessel width, also known as beam, is the distance between the widest part of the vessel and should include any railings or attachments.
Boat Transport Resources
Boater Education – An active forum for boating enthusiasts that has helpful tips and advice, as well as information on clubs and boater safety.
Boating Magazine – Information on boating news, equipment, repairs and more form one of the leading online voices in the boating community.
Boat Owners Association of the United States – An association of boat owners that advocates for the boating community across the United States.
Related Information & FAQ
- Boat transporting calculator
- How much does it cost to ship a yacht
- Yacht shipping by road
- Yacht shipping international
- Yacht transport across the Atlantic
- Yacht transport by sea
- Yacht transport by truck
- Yacht transport Europe
- Yacht transport from East Coast to West Coast
- Yacht transport in Florida
- Yacht transport to France
- Boat transport to France
- Low loader – way to ship a boat
- Cheap boat shipping
- Choosing the most dependable boat shipping company
- How to prepare your boat for its transport
- Information regarding boat transport insurance
- Shipping methods and services for boat owners
- The costs associated with boat shipping services
- How long will my boats transport take
- Whats the difference between international and domestic boat shipping
- Long distance boat movers
- Boat shipping quote
- Boat transport near me
- How much to ship a boat and trailer
- Small boat transport
Boat Shipping Services: Frequently Asked Questions
- All You Need To Know About Shipping A Personal Watercraft
- All You Need To Know About Shipping A Sail Boat
- Boat Cradle Shipping
- Boat Shipping Quote
- Boat Transport By Road
- Boat Transport By Sea
- Boat Transport near Me
- Boat Transport Near Me
- Boat Transporting Calculator By A-1 Auto Transport
- California Boat Transport
- Cheap Boat Shipping
- Cheap Boat Shipping - What You Need To Know
- Choosing the Most Dependable Boat Shipping Company
- Container Boat Shipping
- Differences Of Shipping A Boat Vs. Shipping A Car
- DIY Boat Shipping Vs. Hiring A Professional Boat Transporter
- Door to Door versus Terminal to Terminal Boat Delivery
- Flat Rack Boat Shipping
- Global Yacht Shipping
- How Do I Ship A Boat?
- How Do I Ship a Non-Operable Boat?
- How Do I Ship a Salvaged Boat?
- How Long Will My Boat’s Transport Take?
- How Much Does It Cost to Ship a Non-Operable Boat?
- How Much Does It Cost to Ship a Yacht?
- How Much to Ship a Boat and Trailer?
- How To Measure Your Boat
- How to Prepare Your Boat for Its Transport
- How To Ship A Boat Overseas?
- Information Regarding Boat Transport Insurance
- Interstate Boat Towing
- Long Distance Boat Movers
- Mega Yacht Shipping
- Preparing A Boat For Transport
- Safe Yacht Shipping
- Ship a Boat to France
- Ship a Boat to Germany
- Ship a Boat to Guam
- Ship a Boat to UAE
- Ship Boat to Europe
- Shipping A Boat Across Country
- Shipping a Boat to Canada
- Shipping a Boat to or From Miami
- Shipping A Boat USA To Australia
- Shipping Methods and Services for a Boat
- Shipping Yachts Overseas
- Small Boat Transport
- Taking Pictures of Your Boat Before Shipping
- The Costs Associated with Boat Shipping Services
- Top Boat Shipping Companies
- What Is Lift On Lift Off Boat Shipping?
- What Is the Cost to Ship a Salvaged Boat?
- What’s the Difference between International and Domestic Boat Shipping?
- Yacht Marine Transport
- Yacht Ocean Transport
- Yacht Shipping by Road
- Yacht Shipping Insurance
- Yacht Shipping International
- Yacht Transport across the Atlantic
- Yacht Transport by Sea
- Yacht Transport by Truck
- Yacht Transport Europe
- Yacht Transport from East Coast to West Coast
- Yacht Transport from Florida to California
- Yacht Transport from USA to Australia
- Yacht Transport in Florida
- Yacht Transport in Fort Lauderdale
- Yacht Transport in Hawaii
- Yacht Transport Quote
- Yacht Transport to France
- Yacht Transport to the Caribbean
- Hire the Experts of Transport for Boat Shipping from the USA to the UK
- Take Advantage of Boat Shipping by Train
- What to Look for in Dependable Boat Shipping to Puerto Rico
- What Is The Federal Maritime Commission?
- Buy Services from Professionals for Boat Shipping to Hawaii
- Find the Right Professionals for Boat Shipping out of Florida
- What You Should Know about Boat Shipping from the USA to Europe
- What Are My Options When Boat Shipping from the USA to Canada?
- Those Interested in Hiring Experienced Boat Transport Can Get an Online Quote
- The Preparation Required before Shipping Your Boat through a Transport Company
- Preparing for a Professional Boat Transport by Road
- Learn About Boat Transport by Sea before Booking with Professionals
- Find Reliable Boat Shipping and Get an Instant Quote
- Boat Shipping Costs & Considerations
- What Will It Cost to Ship a Boat across the Country?
- What Does It Cost to Ship a Houseboat?
- Boat Shipping East Coast to West Coast
- Boat Shipping In A Container
- Boat Shipping Florida
- Boat Shipping Cost per Mile
- Boat Transport Interstate
- Shipping Boat across the Country
- How Much Does It Cost To Ship A Boat?
- Cheapest Way to Ship a Boat
- Boat Hauling & Transport Services Offered By A-1
- U.S. & International Boat Transport Services