With more than 25 years of experience in the industry, we have the knowledge and expertise to provide top notch service at an affordable price, no matter where your destination. We transport a wide variety of boats, ships and other watercraft including yachts, motorboats, jet skis, sailboats, catamarans, fishing boats, dinghies, houseboats, sport fishing boats, and all variety of personal watercraft.
We offer a wide variety of full-service boat and yacht transport services, including shrink wrapping, RoRo shipping, overland transport and more! Here are the details of our more popular boat moving services:
- Shrink Wrapping: Prevents moisture from damaging your boat and keeps out salt which can cause damage from abrasion, as well as harm the interior of watercraft.
- Roll On, Roll Off: Load your vessel onto one of our carriers with ease using the roll on, roll off method. This requires the boat be secured to a trailer which is then wheeled on to the transport carrier, delivered to its destination, and wheeled off.
- Overland Transport: If you need transport services from an inland location to a shipping port, whether within the continental U.S. or to a port in another country, we can handle that too!
- Interstate Boat Shipping: We have a wide selection of state to state transport options, including coast to coast, long distance and cross country shipping, as well as door to door delivery to all 50 states.
- International YachtTransport: We don’t just relocate boats in the United States, we also deliver to ports and shipping locations around the world.
- Full-Service Moving: We transport watercraft for private owners, dealers, brokerages, and manufacturers. We specialize in moving sail boats, power boats, and yachts, but we can accommodate shipping requests of any kind.
Call us to speak to a transport specialist or fill out our FREE online quote form to get an instant estimate sent right to your inbox! We offer discounts and competitive pricing within the United States and around the globe.
Shipping a boat internationally? Click here.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Boat Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Transit Days|
|Los Angeles to Las Vegas||$740||270 miles||2-4 days|
|Chicago to Memphis||$1455||530 miles||2-4 days|
|Atlanta to Detroit||$1995||725 miles||3-5 days|
|San Diego to Dallas||$3740||1360 miles||4-6 days|
|Phoenix to Seattle||$3920||1425 miles||4-6 days|
|Houston to New York||$4480||1630 miles||5-7 days|
|Miami to Denver||$5680||2065 miles||6-8 days|
|Portland to Memphis||$6175||2245 miles||6-8 days|
|Boston to Phoenix||$7285||2650 miles||7-9 days|
|San Jose to Miami||$8440||3070 miles||7-9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and other factors.
*Rates are based on an 11 ft. boat.
*Call us for specific date requests.
The Basics Of Preparation
Before turning over your boat to a professional transport company, there are a few things you’ll need to do in order to prepare it for moving. The basics of what you’ll need to do are covered below.
*Always ask the transporter if you have any questions or are unsure about any part of the preparation or process.
- Drain the fuel tank & disconnect any electronic components, including the alarm
- Remove or stow all loose items including the following: antennas, electronics, propellers, anchors, flag masts and valuables
- Secure all compartments, windows, doors and hatches inside the boat
- Accurately measure your boat (see below)
Zebra mussel advisory: Zebra mussels are an invasive species that not only wreak havoc in the ecosystems they infiltrate but also cause considerable problems for commercial and industrial pipelines when they cluster. Check your vessel thoroughly or risk facing a hefty fine and possible jail time for spreading them. Zebra mussels are especially common in the Great Lakes area.
How To Properly Measure Your Boat Before Transport
In order to get an accurate quote on the cost of moving your vessel, it’s essential that a proper measurement is taken. Here is a simple guide:
- Vessel length should be measured from the front of the bow to the middle of the stern. This is an important measurement to have since it can impact the method of transport and the type of carrier that we use.
- Vessel height is measured from the keel (the lowermost structural beam) to the highest part of the vessel. The highest point should not include any removable parts of the boat.
- Vessel width, also known as a beam, is the distance between the widest part of the vessel and should include any railings or attachments.
Have questions about measuring your vessel or the cost of shipping it? Call us today at 1-800-452-2880 or fill out the online submission form to get an affordable, real-time price quote for FREE!
Boat Transport Resources
Boater Education - An active forum for boating enthusiasts that has helpful tips and advice, as well as information on clubs and boater safety.
Boating Magazine - Information on boating news, equipment, repairs and more from one of the leading online voices in the boating community.
Boat Owners Association of the United States - An association of boat owners that advocates for the boating community across the United States.
Related Information & FAQ
- Find reliable boat shipping and get an instant quote
- Learn about boat transport by sea before booking your transport
- Preparing for a professional boat transport by road
- The preparation required before shipping your boat through a transport company
- Those interested in hiring experienced boat transport can get an online quote
- What are my options when boat shipping from the USA to Canada
- What you should know about boat shipping from the USA to Europe
- Take advantage of boat shipping by train
- Hire the experts of transport for boat shipping from the USA to the UK
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
A-1 Auto Transport - Domestic Locations
We Strive to Serve Communities in all 50 States.