We offer a wide variety of full service boat and yacht transport services, including shrink wrapping, RoRo shipping, overland transport and more! Here are the details of our more popular boat moving services:
- Shrink Wrapping: Prevents moisture from damaging your boat and keeps out salt which can cause damage from abrasion, as well as harm the interior of watercraft.
- Roll On, Roll Off: Load your vessel onto one of our carriers with ease using the roll on, roll off method. This requires the boat be secured to a trailer which is then wheeled on to the transport carrier, delivered to its destination, and wheeled off.
- Overland Transport: If you need transport services from an inland location to a shipping port, whether within the continental U.S. or to a port in another country, we can handle that too!
- Interstate Boat Shipping: We have a wide selection of state to state transport options, including coast to coast, long distance and cross country shipping, as well as door to door delivery to all 50 states.
- International YachtTransport: We don’t just relocate boats in the United States, we also deliver to ports and shipping locations around the world.
- Full Service Moving: We transport watercraft for private owners, dealers, brokerages and manufacturers. We specialize in moving sail boats, power boats and yachts, but we can accommodate shipping requests of any kind.
Shipping a boat internationally? Click here.
The Basics Of Preparation
Before turning over your boat to a professional transport company, there’s a few things you’ll need to do in order to prepare it for moving. The basics of what you’ll need to do are covered below.
*Always ask the transporter if you have any questions or are unsure about any part of the preparation or process.
- Drain the fuel tank & disconnect any electronic components, including the alarm
- Remove or stow all loose items including the following: antennas, electronics, propellers, anchors, flag masts and valuables
- Secure all compartments, windows, doors and hatches inside the boat
- Accurately measure your boat (see below)
Zebra mussel advisory: Zebra mussels are an invasive species that not only wreak havoc in the ecosystems they infiltrate, but also cause considerable problems for commercial and industrial pipelines when they cluster. Check your vessel thoroughly or risk facing a hefty fine and possible jail time for spreading them. Zebra mussels are especially common in the Great Lakes area.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
How To Properly Measure Your Boat Before Transport
In order to get an accurate quote on the cost of moving your vessel, it’s essential that a proper measurement be taken. Here is a simple guide:
- Vessel length should be measure from the front of the bow to the middle of the stern. This is an important measurement to have since it can impact the method of transport and the type of carrier that we use.
- Vessel height is measured from the keel (the lowermost structural beam) to the highest part of the vessel. The highest point should not include any removable parts of the boat.
- Vessel width, also known as beam, is the distance between the widest part of the vessel and should include any railings or attachments.
Boat Transport Resources
Boater Education – An active forum for boating enthusiasts that has helpful tips and advice, as well as information on clubs and boater safety.
Boating Magazine – Information on boating news, equipment, repairs and more form one of the leading online voices in the boating community.
Boat Owners Association of the United States – An association of boat owners that advocates for the boating community across the United States.
Related Information & FAQ
Boat Shipping Services: Frequently Asked Questions
- Boat Transport Near Me
- Boat Transporting Calculator By A-1 Auto Transport, Inc.
- How Do I Ship a Non-Operable Boat?
- How Do I Ship a Salvaged Boat?
- How Much Does It Cost to Ship a Non-Operable Boat?
- Interstate Boat Towing
- What Is the Cost to Ship a Salvaged Boat?
- Hire the Experts of Transport for Boat Shipping from the USA to the UK
- Take Advantage of Boat Shipping by Train
- What to Look for in Dependable Boat Shipping to Puerto Rico
- What Is The Federal Maritime Commission?
- Buy Services from Professionals for Boat Shipping to Hawaii
- Find the Right Professionals for Boat Shipping out of Florida
- What You Should Know about Boat Shipping from the USA to Europe
- What Are My Options When Boat Shipping from the USA to Canada?
- Those Interested in Hiring Experienced Boat Transport Can Get an Online Quote
- The Preparation Required before Shipping Your Boat through a Transport Company
- Preparing for a Professional Boat Transport by Road
- Learn About Boat Transport by Sea before Booking with Professionals
- Find Reliable Boat Shipping and Get an Instant Quote
- Boat Shipping Costs & Considerations
- What Will It Cost to Ship a Boat across the Country?
- What Does It Cost to Ship a Houseboat?
- Boat Shipping East Coast to West Coast
- Boat Shipping In A Container
- Boat Shipping Florida to Australia
- Boat Shipping Florida
- Boat Shipping Cost per Mile
- Boat Transport Interstate
- Shipping Boat across the Country
- How Much Does It Cost To Ship A Boat?
- 3 Tips For How To Ship Your Boat
- Cheapest Way to Ship a Boat
- Boat Hauling & Transport Services Offered By A-1
- U.S. & International Boat Transport Services
Auto Transport Services
- Car Transportation
- International / RoRo
- Enclosed / Covered
- Door To Door, Pickup Dropoff
- Luxury Vehicles
- Classic & Antique Cars
- Military & Armed Forces
- Domestic Motorcycles
- International Motorcycle
- All Terrain Vehicles / ATVs
- Boats & Yachts
- International Boat & Yacht Shipping Services
- RVs & Motor Homes
- Motorhome Shipping & Transport Services
- Truck Shipping
- Freight Shipping
- Golf Cart Shipping
- Multi Car Shipping & Transport
- Dealer To Dealer Auto Transport & Car Shipping Services
- Salvaged Car Shipping & Transport Services
- Non Op Car Shipping & Transport Services
- SUV Shipping & Transport Services
- Jet Ski Shipping & Transport Services
- Interstate Car Towing
Auto Transport Information
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory