- Auto Transport Pricing Estimates: How Much Does It Cost? Car Shipping Companies
- Costs/Rates Of Freight Car Shipping Companies - Transport Car Delivery Companies Cost
- How Much Do I Have To Pay To Ship My Vehicle By Car Shipping Companies?
- Car Transportation Cost Per Mile
- What Does A Shipping Quote Mean When Related To Car Shipping Cost?
- Is It Worth Shipping Your Car With An Auto Transport Company?
- Finding Car Shipping Quotes Online
- Ways To Find Cheaper Car Shipping Rates
- Details You Need To Get An Auto Transport Vehicle Car Shipping Quote
- Factors Affecting Vehicle Car Delivery Costs Quotes
- Vehicle Type
- Shipping Time
- Move Date
- Vehicle Condition
- Transportation Method
- Distance To Be Covered Is Important When It Comes To Transport Cost
- Fuel Cost
- Fuel Cost Has A Lot To Do With Car Shipping Rates
- Fluctuating Auto Transport Quote
- Tips To Reduce Shipping Costs
- How To Prepare Your Car Before Shipping?
- Getting A Rough Estimate
- Car Transport Costs - Distance Estimate
The average car shipping cost based on over 250,000 car shipments last year was $1,200. A variety of factors goes into determining the cost of shipping your vehicle. Of course, the distance between point A and point B is a very important factor, as is the current fuel/gas rates, and the time involved in the actual shipping process. However, there are a variety of additional components involved in determining the exact auto transport fees estimates. The best and most accurate way to get a personalized FREE quote is to submit your information in the contact form in the upper right of this page, or by calling (888) 230-9116.
Below are some approximate auto shipping costs to/from popular locations. These totals are based on average costs determined from past shipments and should be considered rough calculations at best.
Click here to learn all you need to know about your car shipping estimate. It is easy to get car shipping quotes in the industry. You just need to have the vehicle information at hand to get the average car shipping cost. Before you decide on the car shipping companies, make sure you compare the rates.
Auto Transport Pricing Estimates: How Much Does It Cost? : Car Shipping Companies
Costs/Rates of Freight Car Shipping Companies - Transport Car Delivery Companies Cost
Cars can get you from Point A to Point B, but what if you have to ship your car across the country? You need a car transport service. But before you ship your car to its destination by hiring auto transport services, you need to consider the transport costs.
Get car shipping companies quotes online to know how much you have to pay to ship your vehicle. Almost all car shipping companies provide instant free quotes on their website. You can also ask their number to know what you have to pay to ship a car.
How Much Do I Have to Pay to Ship My Vehicle By Car Shipping Companies?
Usually, people don’t spend much time considering the car shipping cost until they need the service. But if you are planning on shipping the car, it might be a little challenging to navigate the fluctuating costs, and shipping price of various auto transport services, and several providers in the market.
It can cost $1000-$2000 to ship a car. However, the number might vary depending on the vehicle you are transporting and the distance that has to be covered.
Car Transportation Cost Per Mile
A1 Auto Transport is a leading car shipping company that transports cars across town and country. If you choose A1 Auto Transport, you can check out the rate estimates on the official website. Here’s what you might have to pay
- $1.95/mile for 1-500 miles auto transport shipping costs estimate
- $1.35/mile for 500-1500 miles
- $0.95/mile for 1500+ miles
So, with the distance, the cost per mile decreases. But covering a shorter distance will anyhow cost you less.
There are various factors that can influence the cost of transporting your car to some other location. Even though these are just the average car shipping costs, they will give you a fair idea about the money that you might have to shed to transport your car to the preferred location. But the best idea to get an estimate is to use the shipping calculator on the car shipping company website.
What does a Shipping Quote Mean When Related To Car Shipping Cost?
One of the first things you should consider when shipping a car is how much it is going to cost you. That’s when car shipping quotes come into play. It helps you understand if you are getting the best deal for vehicle transportation.
More than just asking about costs, getting an estimate for shipping a car involves a number of considerations. If you have set aside a specific amount of money for your vehicle shipping needs, you will need to shop around for an estimate in order to find a service that fits within your financial constraints. The auto shipping quote you receive will depend on several factors including the make and model of your vehicle, the shipping company you choose, the distance to the destination, the services you require and any optional extras.
But remember, the final auto transport costs might be more or less than the original vehicle transportation price rate. This is primarily because many car shipping companies tend to leave out the increase in vehicle shipping rates and added fees. The difference can be negligible.
Before choosing the right shipping company, it is crucial to get car shipping quotes from more than one company. Getting the estimate will help in gauging the reputation of the vehicle transport company. The online shipping quotes will help you determine the auto shipping company you should ultimately go with at a fee that is affordable to you.
Is it Worth Shipping Your Car With an Auto Transport Company?
Driving might seem cheaper than transporting it through a shipping company, particularly for shorter moves but using a service is more convenient. It is also a safer choice. Driving a long distance can take up a lot of time and you should not have to drive more than 500 miles/day.
A transport company will reduce the hassle and eliminate the time you are spending on the road. The car shipping service will also ensure that there are no potential damages and it doesn’t have any wear and tear after the delivery.
Finding Car Shipping Quotes Online
After conducting initial research on the company, you should get the amount to compare.
While some automobile shipping companies have a quote calculator on their official website, others will give you a quote over a call. But to get the perfect estimate for car shipping, you need to keep some information handy-
- The pickup and drop-off location for car moving companies
- Personal details, such as the name, phone number, and email address to be contacted by companies
- Preferred shipping method and its impact on auto shipping costs
- Type of model, its specific variant, and operability, vehicle shipping rates
Almost every car moving company gives you a free estimation online. Get it before choosing the right auto transport provider.
Ways to Find Cheaper Car Shipping Rates
Vehicle transportation does not always have to hurt. If you plan well and take the initiative on time, you can get cheaper car transportation charges. Booking early will get you the car shipping rates from auto shipping companies.
Some companies might have better car shipping rates for longer distances than shorter distances. The ideal way to check out and find a cheaper rate is to get the quotes online. Also you will find enclosed car shipping costlier than open transportation.
Details You Need to Get an Auto Transport Vehicle Car Shipping Quote
There are a few details that you need to have at hand when you are planning on getting an accurate shipping quote. If you have the following details, the shipping process can be hassle-free.
- The make, model, and year of the car has a big impact on prices
- Mode of operation
- Pickup and delivery locations
- Shipping preferences, such as terminal-to-terminal, open, or door-to-door shipping
- Your contact details, including the phone number and email
Factors Affecting Vehicle Car Delivery Costs Quotes
When you are hiring a car shipment company, you might wonder how they are deciding on the car transportation costs. An automotive car moving service vehicle transport cost is based on several factors. Let’s take a look at them.
1. Vehicle Type
When you are getting car movingquotes, you have to inform the potential automobile shipping service about the model, make, and condition of the car. Usually, special vehicles, such as luxury cars can cost you more money when it comes to transportation. That’s mainly because they need more attention and special service.
The size and length of the vehicle can also influence the car shipping charges. The bigger the vehicle, the more money you have to pay for auto shipping . So, an SUV Van will require you to pay more money to move than a Sedan.
2. Shipping Time
The time of the year might also have an impact on the transport cost. Just as in any other industry, there are seasons when there is a high demand for vehicle transport. Usually, this is the summertime. Trends have shown that over half the household moves happen during this time and car shipping services are highly in demand.
While, during the winter time, the demand tends to be a little low. But it is not necessarily true at all times. If you plan to ship during severe weather conditions or during the holidays, the cost to ship the car might not be lower. In winter, snowfall can cause some routes to be impassable. In that case, moving companies might not be able to choose the shortest route, causing you to pay more money on transport cost than the average car shipping cost.
Being flexible can help you save some money. But if you want your vehicle movers within a strict time frame, you will end up paying more.
3. Move Date
So, how urgent is the delivery for you? If you want your automobile to be delivered within the shortest possible time, the car transportation service will cost you more. For instance, if you are flexible with the timings, the car moving costs are going to be a lot less. That’s because they can fit the automobile in the delivery schedule and reduce the overheads, passing over the savings to you. But if you want to transport within a strict time frame, you will end up paying more money than usual as auto transport companies will have to dedicate a transport just to carry your car.
Location is an important factor to consider when you try to find out the delivery service cost. When you are using the car shipping quote calculator, it will ask you to provide the pick-up and delivery location. Generally, city routes tend to be less expensive than rural routes.
When you ship a car to a city, you will see a reduced quote. But if you are planning on shipping to a rural area, even the best car shipping companies will have to deviate from the main route. Thus, you will have to pay more than the average cost.
5. Vehicle Condition
The vehicle condition also plays a crucial role when it comes to getting instant car shipping quotes. If your vehicle is not in a condition to be driven, it will cost you more. Some companies use tools and equipment to forklift the vehicle to get it on and off the shipping vehicle.
When any car has a locked wheel, it isn’t possible to just roll the vehicle into the trailer. Hence, the entire car shipping process ends up taking more time and effort than usual. Cars that can be steered and rolled, and have a good braking system are considered to be in a good shape for getting the vehicle shipped.
Cross-country or international car shipping is always going to be more costly as it requires different logistics to move an automobile. Also, it means the car will be shipped over a long distance in an enclosed carrier.
6. Transportation Method
If you want to use car shipping services, you should know that there are two main methods in the industry:
Open transport is the most common mode of transport as it is cheaper than enclosed auto transport. But if you are transporting a luxury automobile, you might want to go with an enclosed car carrier service as it offers an additional layer of protection.
If you choose open transportation, the vehicle is shipped with many other cars in an open-air carrier. This shipping method offers more flexibility in terms of pick-up and delivery date.
But when it comes to enclosed transportation, your automobile is shipped in enclosed car carriers. It will protect the car from grime, dust, and unpredicted weather conditions. It is a recommended shipping method if you are shipping a luxury or classic car.
7. Distance to be Covered is Important When It Comes To Transport Cost
One of the most important factors that can have an effect on a shipping quote is the distance to be covered. The further you want to ship; the higher the cost to transport the car. The car shipping cost will include the tolls, fuel charges, and labor costs.
Short-distance shipping might not require you to pay for tolls but the cost is usually higher in the industry.
Usually, car shipping companies carry liability insurance coverage for the service. If any vehicle transportcompany doesn’t offer any additional insurance, you will see a reduced cost in their shipping services. But that doesn’t mean you should be elated. If the providers are not offering cargo insurance, you need to get some for your vehicle at the time of transit. Like with insurance policies, you need to be clear about the type of damage it is covering- the parts of the vehicle it is covering, where is the deductible, and other details.
9. Fuel Cost
Fuel Cost Has A Lot To Do With Car Shipping Rates
The cost of fuel can also influence car shipping quotes from auto transport brokers. As the fuel prices increase, you can expect the car deliveryprices to rise, too. The cost of fuel and the car shipping cost is directly proportional in the car shipping industry.
Fluctuating Auto Transport Quote
Simply because an auto carrier is quoting some ratenow, doesn’t mean the car shipping quotes will be the same even after a few days or weeks. The costs keep changing as most car transport companies use dynamic car shipping price. The car shipping quotes from the auto carriers are only valid for 12-24 hours.
But that’s something you don’t have to worry about when you are hiring us. We offer a best carPrice Lock Promise. So, you don’t have to pay even a penny more than the initial vehicle shipping quote. You can use the shipping quote calculator for checking the cost of transporting cars.
Tips to Reduce Shipping Costs
As you plan to move your vehicle from one place to another and look for the best car shipping quotes, you have to ensure that you are getting the best value for the price. There are a few things you can do to reduce the final transportation cost of your auto shipping quotes.
- Lighten the Auto Shipping Load: Before you hand over the car to the auto transporters, remove all items. The additional weight can add up to the transportation cost. Make sure the load is less so that the cost to ship a car is reduced.
- Opt for Terminal-to-Terminal Car Transport: Even though it’s not as convenient as door-to-door shipping, it costs you less money for shipping.
- Choose Flexible Car Transport Pick-Up and Drop-Off Dates: The shipping service cost is often influenced by the availability of the best car carriers. If you are flexible with your dates, the car shipping company can provide better rates.
- Book the Shipment in Advance to Lower Your Fees: Always make sure to book earlier as it helps in avoiding the expedited cost to ship. Use the auto shippingcost calculatorto find discounted booking rates from the auto transporters (and make sure to use more than one cost calculator for fee accuracy).
How to Prepare Your Car Before Shipping?
If you have decided to use car shipping services and have chosen an auto transport company, it is time to prepare your car. Check out the steps you have to follow-
- Documents: All documents required should be available at the pickup and drop-off locations. Make sure you don’t miss out on them, especially if you plan on selling your vehicle later on.
- Running Condition: If you have to plan to drive off your vehicle after it has been dropped off, make sure it’s in running condition. Check the battery charge, fuel in the bank, and tire pressure levels.
- Cleaning: Make sure you remove all personal items before shipping a car as they might get damaged or lost in transit and could increase your shipping cost for moving the vehicle. Clean the vehicle thoroughly. It helps you check the condition of the car before and after arrival to spot any damages after shipping without any hassle.
- Photographic Evidence: Click good quality photos of the car before handing it over to the company. Cover every part. It helps you in understanding the condition before shipping a car in case it incurs any damage during transit.
Planning to ship your vehicle?
Getting a Rough Estimate
Car Transport Costs - Distance Estimate
|Shipping FROM City (A-Z)||Shipping TO City||Mileage Approximation||Projected Shipping Costs (Estimated)|
|Aberdeen, WA||Clarkston, WA||763||$435|
|Akron, OH||Laredo, TX||1617||$711|
|Albuquerque, NM||New Orleans, LA||1167||$513|
|Amarillo, TX||El Paso, TX||667||$402|
|Anaheim, CA||Raleigh, NC||2543||$943|
|Anchorage, AK||Frankfort, KY||3991||$1907|
|Arlington, TX||Irvine, CA||1419||$675|
|Ashland, OR||Oroville, WA||1112||$512|
|Atlanta, GA||Virginia Beach, VA||583||$375|
|Atlantic City, NJ||Astoria, OR||3060||$1362|
|Atlantic City, NJ||Oakland, CA||3062||$1362|
|Atoka, OK||Auburn, NE||940||$450|
|Aurora, CO||Corpus Christi, TX||1066||$471|
|Austin, TX||San Antonio, TX||84||$102|
|Baldwin City, KS||Garden City, KS||641||$389|
|Baltimore, MD||Gettysburg, PA||83||$102|
|Bartlett, TN||Jasper, TN||489||$260|
|Baton Rouge, LA||Madison, WI||1013||$479|
|Baton Rouge, LA||Slidell, LA||175||$215|
|Baxter Springs, KS||South Haven, KS||296||$264|
|Bedford, PA||Grantsville, MD||233||$245|
|Big Spring, NE||Sterling, CO||128||$110|
|Blaine, WA||El Centro, CA||1460||$680|
|Boston, MA||Colebrook, NH||413||$258|
|Bristol, VA||Cumberland Gap, VA||182||$217|
|Brownsville, TX||Rosenburg, TX||497||$361|
|Brunswick, GA||Perry, GA||261||$289|
|Brunswick, ME||Moose River, ME||285||$301|
|Buena Vista, CO||Salida, CO||48||$101|
|Buffalo, NY||Newark, NJ||387||$322|
|Burkeville, VA||Durham, NC||212||$234|
|Burley, ID||Granger, WY||440||$279|
|Burley, ID||Granger, IN||1634||$726|
|Caballo, NM||Florence, AZ||553||$402|
|Chandler, AZ||Greensboro, NC||2157||$875|
|Charlotte, NC||Boston, MA||839||$430|
|Chattanooga, TN||Cass Station, GA||157||$130|
|Cheraw, SC||Florence, SC||70||$101|
|Chicago, IL||Houston, TX||1091||$485|
|Chicago, IL||Modesto, CA||2124||$885|
|Chicago, IL||Mobile, AL||1502||$694|
|Chicago, IL||Geneva, IL||48||$97|
|Chicago, IL||Council Bluffs, IA||779||$428|
|Cincinnati, OH||Cheboygan, MI||843||$430|
|Clarksville, VA||South Hill, VA||53||$96|
|Claude, TX||Bowie, TX||392||$325|
|Cleveland, OH||Mesa, AZ||2027||$879|
|Cleveland, OH||Cincinnati, OH||418||$335|
|Cody, WY||Deaver, WY||41||$96|
|Colfax, WA||Dodge, WA||64||$99|
|Colorado Springs, CO||Minneapolis, MN||984||$450|
|Comfort, TX||Raton, NM||1142||$501|
|Conway, AR||Capulin, NM||1248||$570|
|Cortez, CO||Gallup, NM||233||$157|
|Covington, MI||Crystal Falls, MI||60||$97|
|Crescent City, CA||Grants Pass, OR||135||$126|
|Dallas, TX||Detroit, MI||1202||$569|
|Dallas, TX||South Sioux City, NE||1194||$565|
|Daytona, FL||Tampa, FL||268||$167|
|Denver, CO||Washington DC||1678||$702|
|Denver, CO||Laramie, WY||220||$153|
|Derby Line, VT||New Haven, CT||515||$399|
|Des Moines, IA||Little Rock, AR||616||$423|
|Detroit, MI||Miles City, MT||1391||$597|
|Detroit, MI||Grand Haven, MI||192||$125|
|Dodge City, KS||Bucklin, KS||49||$96|
|Dodgeville, WI||Fairplay, WI||62||$97|
|Dothan, AL||Brunswick, GA||429||$335|
|Douglasville, GA||Heflin, AL||90||$101|
|DuBois, PA||Morgantown, WV||405||$320|
|El Centro, CA||Paradise, NV||306||$313|
|Elizabeth, NJ||Cambridge, OH||795||$424|
|Elkhart, IN||Detroit, MI||261||$303|
|Eureka, MT||Wells, NV||1245||$575|
|Farmington, NM||Santa Ana, CA||773||$430|
|Flomaton, AL||Pensacola, FL||85||$98|
|Fort Worth, TX||Baltimore, MD||1404||$643|
|Frederick, MD||Washington DC||63||$102|
|Fredericktown, MO||Dallas, TX||1064||$497|
|Fresno, CA||Sacramento, CA||173||$215|
|Gainesville, GA||Macon, GA||219||$217|
|Galesburg, IL||Peoria, IL||98||$102|
|Galveston, TX||Noyes, MN||2450||$1430|
|Garden City, KS||Baldwin City, KS||568||$395|
|Glendale, AZ||Henderson, NV||261||$225|
|Glens Falls, NY||Sparkill, NY||182||$202|
|Grand Portage, MN||New Orleans, LA||1517||$721|
|Great Falls, MT||Santee, CA||1334||$640|
|Greenville, SC||Florence, SC||311||$312|
|Gulfport, MS||Jackson, MS||289||$309|
|Hancock, MD||Selinsgrove, PA||212||$280|
|Harrisburg, PA||Rockingham, NC||751||$427|
|Heflin, AL||Douglasville, GA||92||$101|
|Holbrook, AZ||Beaufort, NC||2140||$1357|
|Hondo, NM||San Antonio, NM||199||$278|
|Honolulu, HI||Miami, FL||5112||$2127|
|Horton, KS||Oswego, KS||350||$320|
|Huntington, WV||Fowler, IN||563||$396|
|Hurley, WI||New Orleans, LA||1289||$632|
|Indianapolis, IN||Columbus, OH||176||$215|
|Indianapolis, IN||Colby, KS||1560||$687|
|Jacksonville, FL||Van Horn, TX||1498||$682|
|Jacksonville, FL||Fredricksburg, VA||657||$414|
|Kansas City, MO||Pontiac, MI||1254||$629|
|Keokuk, IA||Dubuque, IA||319||$321|
|Key Bridge, VA||New Market, VA||132||$152|
|La Junta, CO||Trinidad, CO||140||$160|
|Lancaster, PA||Harrisburg, PA||70||$99|
|Lansing, MI||Toledo, OH||123||$110|
|Laredo, TX||Pembina, ND||1650||$699|
|Las Cruces, NM||Ambrose, ND||1623||$698|
|Laurel, MT||Greybull, WY||193||$168|
|Laurier, WA||Spokane, WA||172||$163|
|Lawrenceville, PA||Baltimore, MD||349||$340|
|Leon, IA||Kansas City, MO||259||$224|
|Lewiston, ID||Sandpoint, ID||302||$322|
|Lexington, KY||Tallahassee, FL||653||$404|
|Limon, CO||Manhattan, KS||406||$389|
|Lincoln, NE||Louisville, KY||698||$411|
|Little Rock, AR||Aloha, LA||459||$392|
|Long Beach, CA||Las Vegas, NV||279||$256|
|Lynchburg, VA||Charlotte, NC||356||$342|
|Manhattan, KS||Grand Junction, CO||737||$427|
|Maysville, KY||Paducah, KY||633||$404|
|McKenzie, ND||Pierre, SD||276||$315|
|Melbourne, FL||Kissimmee, FL||112||$124|
|Memphis, TN||Charleston, SC||1230||$612|
|Mena, AR||Fort Smith, AR||135||$146|
|Mesa, AZ||Oakland, CA||762||$423|
|Miami, FL||Fort Kent, ME||1924||$1024|
|Milford, PA||Clarks Ferry, PA||272||$255|
|Milwaukee, WI||Boston, MA||1081||$482|
|Milwaukee, WI||Green Bay, WI||173||$165|
|Minneapolis, MN||Dubuque, IA||420||$398|
|Mobile, AL||Mackinac Island, MI||1222||$606|
|Modesto, CA||Garland, TX||1654||$715|
|Montgomery, AL||Mariana, FL||265||$255|
|Montrose, CO||Durango, CO||200||$220|
|Morrisville, PA||Cape Charles, VA||412||$390|
|Motley, MN||Carlton, MN||212||$222|
|Muddy Gap, WY||Armington, MT||875||$443|
|Mule Creek, NM||Milwaukee, WI||1674||$480|
|Naples, FL||Copper Harbor, MI||1800||$808|
|Naples, FL||Miami, FL||183||$220|
|Nashville, TN||Tucson, AZ||1605||$699|
|New York City, NY||Los Angeles, CA||2783||$1023|
|Newberry, SC||Hendersonville, NC||194||$221|
|Norfolk, VA||Jersey City, NJ||351||$319|
|Norwalk, CA||Hartford, CT||2891||$1145|
|Ocala, FL||Orlando, FL||147||$201|
|Ocean City, MD||Elkton, MD||268||$255|
|Ogallala, NE||Dwyer, WY||370||$320|
|Olympia, WA||San Ysidro, CA||1219||$618|
|Omaha, NE||Tulsa, OK||422||$355|
|Omaha, NE||Greely, CO||969||$567|
|Ontario, OR||Florence, OR||755||$430|
|Orlando, FL||Durham, NC||621||$401|
|Oshkosh, WI||Fremont, WI||58||$96|
|Oswego, KS||Horton, KS||423||$258|
|Petersburg, VA||Wilmington, NC||401||$248|
|Philadelphia, PA||Phoenix, AZ||2394||$911|
|Philadelphia, PA||Ridgeway, PA||512||$376|
|Port Huron, MI||North Augusta, SC||1263||$628|
|Portland, OR||Oklahoma City, OK||1934||$872|
|Portsmouth, NH||Glens Falls, NY||324||$330|
|Portsmouth, OR||Mackinaw, MI||1114||$601|
|Provincetown, MA||Mill Plain, CT||1158||$603|
|Raton, NM||Santa Fe, NM||279||$312|
|Rawlins, WY||Babb, MT||1329||$703|
|Richmond, KY||Newport, KY||324||$289|
|Riverside, CA||Cincinnati, OH||2138||$884|
|Riverton, WY||Shoshoni, WY||45||$96|
|Roanoke, VA||Aberdeen, NC||355||$301|
|Rochester, NY||Lubbock, TX||1654||$715|
|Rock Springs, WY||Moran, WY||459||$396|
|Saint Louis, MO||Tampa, FL||1003||$469|
|Saint Paul, MN||Charleston, SC||1312||$661|
|Salt Lake City, UT||Cumberland, RI||2362||$910|
|San Antonio, TX||San Diego, CA||1286||$582|
|San Diego, CA||Savannah, GA||2390||$911|
|San Francisco, CA||Austin, TX||1763||$713|
|San Jose, CA||Jacksonville, FL||2769||$1017|
|Santa Ana, CA||Shawnee, KS||1611||$700|
|Seattle, WA||El Paso, TX||1943||$876|
|Sheffield, IL||Council Bluffs, IA||645||$412|
|Shreveport, LA||Lake Charles, LA||317||$288|
|Spanish Fork, UT||Nogales, AZ||1494||$689|
|St. Cloud, MN||Moorhead, MN||317||$288|
|St. Paul, MN||Natchez, MS||1843||$729|
|Stockton, CA||Bakersfield, CA||240||$223|
|Superior, WI||LaCrosse, WI||443||$380|
|Tallahassee, FL||Austin, TX||874||$443|
|Thistle, UT||Annapolis, MD||2151||$867|
|Toledo, OH||Pittsburgh, PA||232||$223|
|Tuskegee, AL||Kings Mountain, NC||642||$411|
|Twin Falls, ID||New York City, NY||2369||$909|
|Vaughn, NM||Pittsfield, IL||1731||$712|
|Vinton, IA||Owatonna, MN||276||$225|
|Virginia Beach, VA||Springfield, MO||1136||$472|
|Wakefield, PA||Reading, PA||111||$110|
|Wallula, WA||Umatilla, OR||42||$101|
|Walsenburg, CO||Valley City, UT||765||$476|
|Warner, OK||Oklahoma City, OK||211||$202|
|Water Street, PA||Cleveland, OH||378||$299|
|Weiser, ID||Eastport, ID||780||$418|
|White Pigeon, MI||Acme, MI||390||$252|
|Whitehouse, NJ||Wilmington, DE||154||$133|
|Williard, NM||Albuquerque, NM||121||$119|
|Willmar, MN||Belle Fourche, SD||783||$420|
|Winona, MN||Philip, SD||995||$573|
|Yemassee, SC||Cleveland, OH||718||$414|
* Prices are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and other factors.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide.
to get a free, no obligation price quote to ship your vehicle.
Call now to get a quote.
Guaranteed cheapest costs on car transport cost/ car shipping quote.
Need More Car Shipping Cost Pricing Car Transport Company Info? Read auto transport FAQ's below for more information on your car shipping companies transport. Ship with confidence, ship today for an affordable vehicle transport cost.
How Much Does It Cost To Ship A Car? How Much Is Auto Transport for my auto?
Learn more about car shipping and other car shipping services, and get a free auto shipping car moving quote using the car moving car transport cost form above. Best car shipping costs guarantee, car moving costs price match. Montway auto transport car shipping cost alternative.
Auto Shipping Car Transport Vehicle Shipping Costs - Best Car Shipping Costs - Car Vehicle Shipping Rates
Ship With Confidence, Ship Today!
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Does It Cost to Ship a Car?
Car shipping prices might vary based on different factors. On average, you have to pay $1.95 per mile if the distance to be covered is less than 500 miles, $1.35 if the distance is 500-1500 miles, and $0.95 if the distance is over 1500 miles. You can use a car shipping cost calculator to find the car shipping quotes for your vehicle.
What is the Cheapest Mode for Auto Transport Services?
Open car transport is the cheapest mode of transport. However, if it is a luxury car, using enclosed transport is recommended.
Do I have to Pay for Car Shipping Quotes?
No, you don’t have to pay anything for getting car shipping quotes. Anyone can use the online car shipping calculator. It is a free tool that gives you car transport costs within 1 minute.
Are Auto Transport Service Expensive?
The cost of using an auto transport service varies depending on various factors. But you might have to pay $500-$1500 to the auto transport provider for the vehicle transport services. Use the shipping cost calculator to know the exact charges for auto shipping.
Is It Cheaper to Ship a Car or Buy a New One?
Shipping cars is always cheaper than buying a new car. But if the car is too old, using the car transportation services might not be worth it. You can always use the car shipping cost calculator to know the auto transport charges.
Is It Possible to Track My Car Online?
Car shippers allow you to track your car shipment online after the car has been shipped from its location.
Can I Ship My Car If It Isn’t Running?
Yes, you can ship your car even if it isn't running but you might have to pay more money for the vehicle transport.
Car Shipping Cost vs. Driving: Which is More Economical?
The cost of car shipping vs. driving depends on a number of factors, including the distance, the type of car, and the time of year.
Here is a general overview of the costs involved in each:
- Distance: The longer the distance, the more it will cost to ship your car.
- Type of car: The type of car also affects the cost of shipping. Sports cars and luxury cars typically cost more to ship than economy cars.
- Time of year: The time of year also affects the cost of shipping. During peak shipping seasons, such as summer and winter, the prices will be higher.
- Fuel costs: The fuel costs will vary depending on the distance and the type of car you are driving.
- Food and lodging costs: You will also need to factor in the cost of food and lodging for yourself and any passengers.
- Time: The amount of time it takes to drive will depend on the distance and the traffic conditions.
In general, car shipping is more economical than driving if the distance is long. However, if the distance is short, driving may be the more economical option.
How does the weight of the vehicle impact the car shipping cost?
The weight of the vehicle is one of the most important factors that affects the cost of car shipping. The heavier the car, the more it will cost to ship. This is because the shipping company will need to use a larger truck and trailer to transport the car, and they will also need to pay more for fuel.
Here are some other factors that can affect the cost of car shipping:
- The distance the car is being shipped: The longer the distance, the more it will cost to ship the car.
- The type of car: Sports cars and luxury cars typically cost more to ship than economy cars.
- The time of year: The time of year can also affect the cost of car shipping. During peak shipping seasons, such as summer and winter, the prices will be higher.
- The type of shipping: Open auto shipping is less expensive than enclosed auto shipping.
- The insurance: The type of insurance you choose will affect the cost of car shipping.
If you are considering shipping your car, it is important to get quotes from several companies to compare prices. You should also factor in the weight of your car when making your decision.
Is there a difference in the car shipping cost for international versus domestic shipments?
Yes, there is a difference in the cost of car shipping for international versus domestic shipments. International car shipping is typically more expensive than domestic car shipping. This is because there are a number of additional factors that need to be considered when shipping a car internationally, such as:
- The distance: The distance the car is being shipped is a major factor in the cost of international car shipping. The longer the distance, the more it will cost to ship the car.
- The type of car: The type of car also affects the cost of international car shipping. Sports cars and luxury cars typically cost more to ship than economy cars.
- The import and export laws: The import and export laws of the countries involved also affect the cost of international car shipping. These laws can vary from country to country, and they can be complex and time-consuming to navigate.
- The documentation: The documentation required for international car shipping is also more complex than the documentation required for domestic car shipping. This can add to the cost of shipping.
- The insurance: The insurance required for international car shipping is also more expensive than the insurance required for domestic car shipping. This is because the risks of damage or theft are higher when shipping a car internationally.
If you are considering shipping your car internationally, it is important to factor in all of these additional costs. You should also get quotes from several companies to compare prices.
How can I get an accurate estimate of the car shipping cost before committing?
To obtain an accurate estimate for car shipping costs before committing, follow these steps:
1. Research Companies: Start by identifying reputable car shipping companies. Look for companies with good reviews, proper licenses, and insurance. The U.S. Department of Transportation's Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) website can help you verify a company's credentials.
2. Detailed Information: Be prepared to provide detailed information about the car you're shipping:
- Make and Model: Different cars have varying dimensions and weights.
- Vehicle Condition: Running vs. non-running cars can affect the price since non-operational vehicles might require special equipment to load and unload.
- Modifications: Inform the company about any modifications, such as larger tires or added equipment, as these might affect the weight or dimensions of the vehicle.
3. Pickup and Delivery Locations: Specify exact pickup and delivery addresses. Transporting to and from urban areas with major highways might be cheaper than shipping to remote or rural areas.
4. Preferred Shipping Dates: Your flexibility in shipping dates can affect the cost. If you have a specific date in mind, mention it. Being flexible might provide you with better rates.
5. Type of Transport: Decide between open and enclosed transport. Enclosed transport provides more protection but is typically more expensive.
6. Additional Services: Some companies offer door-to-door delivery at an extra cost, while others might offer terminal-to-terminal service where you drop off and pick up the car at specified locations.
7. Ask About Insurance: Ensure the quote includes the cost of insurance coverage during transport. It's also a good idea to ask about the extent of the coverage, any deductibles, and whether you can purchase additional coverage if necessary.
8. Multiple Quotes: Obtain quotes from several companies. This will give you an understanding of the price range and allow you to negotiate or choose the best option for your needs.
9. Read the Fine Print: Before finalizing, read the terms and conditions carefully. Check for any hidden fees or additional costs that might not be included in the initial quote.
10. Ask Questions: Don't hesitate to ask the company any questions you might have. This can include inquiries about their experience, the specific route they'll take, or any guarantees they offer regarding the delivery timeframe.
11. Verify the Quote: Once you have a quote you're comfortable with, ask the company to provide it in writing, ensuring that all services and costs discussed are documented.
By following these steps, you can obtain a more accurate estimate for car shipping costs and feel confident in your decision when selecting a transport company.
How does insurance coverage play a role in the overall car shipping cost?
Insurance coverage plays a role in the overall car shipping cost in two ways:
- The type of insurance you choose will affect the cost of car shipping.
- The amount of insurance coverage you choose will also affect the cost of car shipping.
The type of insurance you choose will affect the cost of car shipping because different types of insurance offer different levels of coverage. For example, comprehensive insurance covers damage to your car from all causes, while collision insurance only covers damage to your car from accidents. The more comprehensive the insurance coverage you choose, the more it will cost.
The amount of insurance coverage you choose will also affect the cost of car shipping. This is because the insurance company will charge you a higher premium for more coverage. However, it is important to remember that you will only be reimbursed for the actual value of your car if it is damaged during shipping. So, if you choose a lower level of insurance coverage, you may not be able to get enough money to replace your car if it is totaled.
Ultimately, the best way to decide how much insurance coverage you need is to talk to an insurance agent. They can help you assess your risk and choose the right level of coverage for your needs.
How much does it cost to ship a car with a car shipping company?
The average cost of shipping a car with a car shipping company is around $1,200. However, the cost can range from $500 to $2,500 or more, depending on the distance, The type of car, time of year and type of shipping.
How much does it cost to ship a car per mile?
The average cost of shipping a car per mile is around $0.70. However, the cost can range from $0.50 to $1.00 or more, depending on the distance, The type of car, time of year and type of shipping.