Safe And Reliable Colorado Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Colorado may well be best known for one thing – skiing – however, it isn’t the only thing. This is one of the healthiest states in the country, as people here are known for getting up and getting outdoors to enjoy as much of the beautiful nature surrounding them as possible. You might not use your car as much in this state, but you will want it to access various points, including some of the mountainous regions where you can subsequently hop out and go hiking and viewing some of the most amazing aspects of nature.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Dallas, TX to Denver||$596||794 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Denver to Phoenix, AZ||$648||864 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Colorado to California||$670||1117 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Louisiana to Colorado||$698||1164 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Denver to Portland, OR||$746||1243 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Asheville, NC to Colorado||$908||1514 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Colorado to New York, NY||$1109||1849 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Florida to Denver||$1141||1901 miles||5 - 7 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Car Shipping Companies Near Me
Looking for auto transport companies near you in Colorado? Did you know that Colorado is the seventh fastest-growing state in America? Over 80,000 moved there in July 2017- July 2018. Whether you’re looking to move your vehicle in-state or feel like its getting a little crowded in your Colorado town, we would be happy to help. Head to A1 Auto Transport to compare brokerages and carriers with trucks in your area right now.
Tips For Using Colorado Auto Shipping Companies
Since many people use their vehicles to get around in this state, there are several options to keep in mind when it comes to Colorado car transport.
- Know where you are going: Much of the state is fairly rural and rough when you get out of the bigger cities. If you plan to work with a Colorado vehicle transport company to get your car where you plan to be, make sure they can get to your location. Otherwise, you may have met instead somewhere nearby.
- Insurance is the key: With such treacherous roads covering much of the state for much of the year, anything can happen to the shippers' trucks. Make sure that your Colorado vehicle shipping company has the right carriers insurance to guard against any damage to your vehicle, it's worth it even if your auto shipping rates go up a little — So be sure to compare pricing online.
- Prep your car ahead of time: Colorado is pretty cold and in some areas, it stays cold for a good portion of the year. Find out from your mechanic what steps you need to take to ensure that your fluids don’t freeze and that your tires are in good enough shape to drive when you arrive at your chosen destination. This applies whether you are moving to the state for good or just visiting.
Colorado car shipping ensures that you can use your own vehicle to get to various sites and enjoy your visit in this Four Corners locale of the United States. As long as you are at least somewhat well-versed in driving in icy conditions, should you plan to travel at a time of year when snow is falling, and are prepared for some very long, very winding mountain roads, you should be good to go. And what better way to navigate strange and sometimes dangerous roads than in your own vehicle?
Visit the Colorado Department of Transportation website for more information on shipping your automobile to Colorado.
Long Distance Auto Transport to/from Colorado
While intrastate auto transport can be done by the owner if he has enough time, interstate shipping is almost always done by a carrier. When they’re busy moving to a new state, most people cannot afford the time and money to go on a cross country trip by car.
This is where companies like A1 Auto Transport come in. We can transport your automobile at a similar or even cheaper price than if you would move it yourself. The service can be customized according to your budget, schedule, and any other circumstances.
International Auto Transport from/to Colorado
In most cases, you’ll have to prepare the following documents for an international auto transport:
- You automobile’s registration,
- A sale bill,
- A lading bill,
- Proof of the car’s origin,
- Your passport, ID, or Visa.
After you’ve prepared these items, our company can ship your car to any country in America, and overseas as well. We will deal with customs officials and deliver it on schedule.
Cheap Car Transportation Options in Colorado
There are 3 main ways to minimize costs when using the services of an auto transport company:
- Opt for an open carrier. Due to their larger carrying capacity and common use, they are cheaper to book.
- Use terminals. Having the truck go directly to your door will cost you more. You can reduce the price by either driving your car to the nearest terminal to be picked up, or having the drop-off location be a terminal near your new home. The terminal to terminal option is the cheapest.
- Take advantage of discounts. A1 Auto Transport offers several discounts and even seasonal offerings. You can learn what these are with a simple phone call.
Shipping Luxury and Classic Cars in Colorado
Antique and luxury vehicles can be easily damaged if handled poorly. That’s why A1 Auto Transport offers its white glove services for such transports. We always pick our best drivers and use enclosed carriers for these jobs.
Enclosed auto carriers are particularly designed to transport low ground clearance vehicles like many exotic or classic cars on the Colorado market. They are secured on the trailer with soft wheel straps, keeping the suspension and the chassis completely untouched.
Colorado Special Discounts
Our services come at a preferential price to any student or senior that wishes to transport his/her antique or classic vehicle to Colorado. Members of the United States military are given special discounts as well. Furthermore, clients outside of these groups can benefit from seasonal offers if they plan their transport in a timely fashion. To inquire on these offers, call our office now.
Auto Transport Safety Measures in Colorado
The increasingly high demand for auto transport services is a good indicator of how safe they are. No company can continue running its business if the cars they transport regularly receive damage.
As a customer, you have the right to demand compensation for any damages you observe. In fact, it’s standard procedure that each car is inspected prior and post shipment to spot potential problems.
Our company takes precautions against these situations by choosing tested routes with few recorded accidents or road debris. Our carriers are also designed to protect the cars they’re moving. Each vehicle is fixed on the truck and unable to move on its own. The bars around it protect it from the weather.
If you want the maximum level of protection, then enclosed carriers are also available. However, keep in mind that even on an open carrier, your car is much safer than when driving it. No mileage or driving caused damage is accumulated.
How to Request a Price Estimate
There are 2 ways to request a price estimate:
- You can complete the form at the top of our website.
- You can call the number posted at the top of the page.
The first option is more private and only takes a couple minutes. Follow the instructions carefully for an accurate result. The second option is more convenient and precise. You can explain your situation more accurately, and our staff can give you a tailored response. Because of this, some of our clients end up saving up to 15% off their shipping price when calling us.
Colorado Auto Transport Companies Directory
Auto Driveaway provides auto transport for large and small companies as well as individuals nationwide. They have qualified driving experts and offer truck transport for your vehicle if that is your chosen method. Moreover, the company carries more than $2 million in liability insurance, just to give you peace of mind. A customer favorite with lots of great reviews, and a BBB accredited company.
5777 East Evans Avenue #109, Denver, CO 80222
Warren Transport Inc
This small but effective Colorado auto shippers operation provides services in and around the Denver region. This is a good option if you plan to ship your car to other areas of the state or need service getting to a nearby state from Colorado. Check their online customer review from the BBB.
510 E 51st Ave Ste 211, Denver, CO 80216
Uti Transport Solutions
Uti is also a smaller Colorado auto transport option that provides service to and from the Colorado Springs area. Perhaps if you plan to be in the Colorado Springs area, but don’t necessarily want to make that journey on your own, Uti is a solid way to go. Offering both enclosed and open air trailers, this licensed and bonded business will successfully ship automobiles, motorcycles, boats and more to Hawaii, Alaska, and all over the nation.
2545 Platte Pl, Colorado Springs, CO 80909
Vehicle Registration Procedures in Colorado
For first time vehicle registration, visit the CO DMV office and bring your vehicle title, ID, VIN (if necessary), payment of registration fee, and emissions form (if appropriate to your state). Typically, dealers handle brand new vehicle registration.
All Colorado vehicle owners are required to register their vehicles.
You have ninety days to have your vehicle registered and to get a license plate if your Co residency was just established recently.
Qualifications for residency:
- If you operate or own a business in CO.
- If you resided in CO for ninety days.
- If you are employed in CO.
Colorado will issue a penalty or late fee if you failed to have your vehicle registered within the 90 days registration period.
Visit the Division of Motor Vehicles Registration Office where your residency was established. Bring the following documents:
- VIN verification (DR 2698 Form) for second hand cars, and in cases where the car was titled outside the state.
- If the vehicle was bought brand new, include this information in the documentation.
- If verification of VIN is necessary, it should be performed by an enforcer of the law, a certified vehicle emissions inspector, or an auto dealer.
- Current car registration certificate or car’s title.
- A valid ID (passport, military ID, out-of-state driver’s license).
- Emissions Test Certificate, if required.
- Car Insurance Certificate.
- Payment of CO car registration fees.
CO car registrations are effective for twelve months.
Registration of a Vehicle in CO
You must register your newly purchased car, either used or new with the Division of Motor Vehicles within a 60 days registration period.
Prior to registration, verify if your car has to go on a smog verification which will be contingent on your car’s age and your home state.
Purchased vehicles from a car dealership: A vehicle registration service may be provided by a dealer if your vehicle was bought from a car dealership. Verify with your dealer if they provide this kind of service.
Vehicles transferred or purchased from private sellers: You may visit your local DMV Registration Office for the registration of a vehicle purchased in a private sale. Bring the following documents:
- VIN verification (DR 2698 Form), if your car was titled outside CO.
- The VIN verification must be performed by an enforcer of the law, a certified vehicle emissions inspector, or an auto dealer.
- Your current car registration certificate or car’s title.
- A valid ID (passport, military ID, out-of-state driver’s license).
Emissions Certificate, if required or depending on your home state (refer to “Vehicle Inspection in Colorado” below).
- Certified Car Insurance.
- Colorado car registration fees (refer to “Vehicle Registration Costs” below).
Certificates of Registration in Colorado are effective for twelve months.
Registration of a Military Vehicle in Colorado
Out of state military resident based in CO: There are 2 Options for an out-of-state, active military member based in CO:
- You can keep your existing home state registration.
- Register your car in CO if you are staying in CO for a long time.
Registering a vehicle in CO as an active duty member will exempt you from remunerating the state’s SOT. But, you are required to obey all CO emissions requirements and laws. To be eligible for this, the following documents must be presented to your county’s DMV office:
- Copy of military orders (proof of CO military base).
- Military ID,
- Current LES,
- A completed DR 2667 Form. 1 form/ vehicle.
CO military residents: You may follow the vehicle registration procedures above if you’re on active duty and reside in Colorado.
For military members stationed outside the state who want the registration of their purchased vehicle be in CO, contact the CO Division of Motor Vehicles.
Costs of Vehicle Registration
Factors in CO vehicle registration costs:
- Licensing fee- Based on the car’s weight, taxable value, and purchase date.
- Sales tax- Depends on your car net purchase cost.
- Ownership tax- depends on the value of your car when it was new.
You may visit your local Division of Motor Vehicles Registration Office for a fee assessment. Any Colorado DMV office accepts cash and other county offices accept credit cards.
Vehicle inspection in Colorado:
Emissions tests are required in some areas of the counties below:
Contact your county office for smog check inquiries.
CO license plates: For a car registration application, the Colorado DMV offers a variety of specialty license plates, but with an extra fee supporting your favorite college CO sports team. Standard plates have no additional fee.
Other Colorado Resources
Colorado.gov - official government website for the state of Colorado.
Colorado Wikipedia Page - everything you need to know about the state of Colorado.
University Of Colorado - As the flagship university, CU-Boulder is a dynamic community of scholars and learners situated on one of the most spectacular college campuses in the country.
Colorado State Parks - Some great state parks to check out.
Related Information & FAQ
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.