- Auto Transport Services In North Carolina (Nc)
- Safe And Reliable Car Shipping Services By A-1 North Carolina Auto Transport
- Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
- Car Delivery Service Near Me
- Car Shipping Companies Near Me - Best Auto Transport Companies North Carolina
- Using North Carolina Auto Transport - Car Transport Services Near Me
- Auto Transport To/From High Point North Carolina - Vehicle Transport Companies
- International Auto Transport Car Delivery Service From/To Winston Salem North Carolina
- Cheap Car Shipping Options In North Carolina - Private Car Transport Companies
- Shipping Luxury And Classic Cars In Eastern North Carolina - Car Movers
- Special Discounts
- Auto Transport Safety Measures In North Carolina
- Services And Information
- How To Request A Price Estimate
- Car Movers Near Me
- North Carolina Auto Transport Directory
- World Wide Auto Relocation
- Je Carriers Auto Transport
- Diamond Executive Car Transportation
- Vehicle Registration
- Registration For New Residents In Nc
- Ship Car To Another State
- Cost To Ship Car To Another State
- Interstate Towing
- Transport Car To Another State
Auto Transport Services in North Carolina (NC)
Safe And Reliable Car Shipping Services By A-1 North Carolina Auto Transport
North Carolina was once thought to be one of the most rural and backwoods areas of the country. The state is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean to the east and Virginia to the north. However, in recent years, cities in the state have cropped up as major metropolitan powerhouses, particularly Charlotte, which is the largest city in North Carolina. This has become a major business center in the auto transport industry, increasing relocation for those moving to the Southeastern region and North Carolina clients.
The three metropolitans that benefit most in South Carolina include Greensboro, Raleigh and Charlotte. Car shipping like many other aspects of relocation to North Carolina is surprisingly affordable. Learn how to ship your car and the shipping cost from North Carolina to any country and vice versa.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Charlotte to Raleigh||$166||166 miles||1-2 days|
|Nashville to Charlotte||$409||409 miles||2-4 days|
|Charlotte to Baltimore||$439||439 miles||2-4 days|
|New York to North Carolina||$389||518 miles||2-4 days|
|Charlotte to Miami||$547||729 miles||3-5 days|
|Texas to North Carolina||$830||1383 miles||4-6 days|
|North Carolina to Colorado||$1032||1720 miles||5-7 days|
|Las Vegas to North Carolina||$1155||2309 miles||6-8 days|
|Charlotte to Oregon||$1040||2599 miles||7-9 days|
|Washington to North Carolina||$1102||2755 miles||7-9 days|
|North Carolina to San Jose||$1112||2781 miles||7-9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Car Delivery Service Near Me
Car Shipping Companies Near Me - Best Auto Transport Companies North Carolina
Are you looking for auto transport companies near you? The mention of North Carolina state hits home for many people. If you're moving to the state for its rich Appalachian mountains, Chapel Hill, national park and quaint seaside towns, the auto transport company will be happy to help with your car transport. If you're moving from this state and need to get to another part of the country, North Carolina auto transport can help you with your vehicle transport needs. Let us know where you're headed, and our auto transport company will contact you.
North Carolina auto transport will plan the shipping from start to finish and coordinate to deliver your car to your desired destination. Head to A1 Auto Transport to compare brokerages and carriers with trucks in your area right now.
Using North Carolina Auto Transport - Car Transport Services Near Me
When looking to ship a car to or from North Carolina, keep a few key tips in mind.
- Research your area: One of the things that North Carolina is noted for is that each major city center has several smaller and unique rural regions attached to it. Research the area in which you plan to be, so you know what points around it to be sure to check out.
- Find out your pickup and drop-off options: Does the North Carolina car shipping company you have opted for have an option for drop-off, or do you need to pick up your car at the nearest depot? These are important things to figure out before you book your auto transport services.
- Clean out your car ahead of shipping: Clean out all your household goods before shipping your car to ensure that you don't lose anything during the auto transport process. Most auto transport will make you sign a waiver ahead of shipping to guard any responsibility for items in the car.
Visit the North Carolina Department of Transportation website for more information on North Carolina Car Shipping company and the plentiful opportunities it can offer those visiting or relocating to the state.
Auto Transport to/from High Point North Carolina - Vehicle Transport Companies
Most customers prefer the summer season to transport their vehicles, especially over long distances. This is understandable since the movement of one's personal belongings often accompanies an auto shipment. Cold weather makes traveling and manual labor more difficult, and the snow can put a halt to your plans altogether.
However, if you wish to save money, car shipping should be better left for the colder part of the year. A1 Auto Transport has a seasonal offering prepared for this season to encourage customers not to be deterred by the weather.
To inquire about these offers, call us now. North Carolina auto transport services are available throughout the US, and we also ship cars extreme to the east along the Atlantic Ocean from Willington to Great Smoky Mountains.
International Auto Transport Car Delivery Service from/to Winston Salem North Carolina
A1 Auto Transport is confident in delivering your car to and from Winston Salem and vice versa. To arrange transport, speak directly to Carolina car shipping company staff.
If the shipment can be done entirely on land, it will be handled with a carrier. Trains and airplanes are also options, but they're either limited in their reach or too expensive for most customers.
If your car must pass an ocean on its way, our auto transport company can book a ship to carry it. Our auto transport company can load your vehicle either with the RoRo method, the most common and least expensive, or in a container. You will have to pay a standard fee to ship your car, which is generally higher than what RoRo would cost you in other auto transport North Carolina ports.
Cheap Car Shipping Options in North Carolina - Private Car Transport Companies
Generally, auto shipping quotes depend on a few factors, such as the type of service you select, the distance, the pickup/drop-off locations, and seasonal fluctuations. If you're looking for the cheapest options, terminal to terminal and open carrier service is best.
Door-to-door services, although convenient, are generally more expensive than using a terminal. Check with our staff if any near your car's current position and its destination. Terminal to door and door to terminal services can also be considered for lowering costs.
North Carolina auto transport company can ship your car with either an enclosed or an open carrier. Of the 2, the latter is cheaper. Any additional requests, like express deliveries, may cost you more.
If you're looking to cut costs, shipping your vehicle during winter may be better. There is a lower demand for auto shipping during winter, so our seasonal offerings come into effect.
Shipping Luxury and Classic Cars in Eastern North Carolina - Car Movers
Speed and safety are usually most important when shipping a luxury, classic, antique, or exotic car. Because of this, most clients opt for our enclosed auto transport carriers. With this option, express deliveries are possible, and the risk associated with transportation is almost negligible.
Shipping luxury or antique cars with a covered truck stops potential thieves from seeing or knowing their location. Nobody can get near the vehicle, so there are no chances of someone scratching it or pebbles jumping off the road during transportation into it. You can ship one luxury or classic car at a time or multiple vehicles in the same enclosed carrier. Our drivers don't make detours, so your vehicle will arrive in North Carolina in the shortest time possible.
Our North Carolina car transport clients can benefit from certain discounts available all year round. These include discounts for the elderly and military personnel and discounts to students regardless of their state of origin. Our customers can also benefit from seasonal offerings, available in certain months. You can inquire about these shipping plans over the phone.
Auto Transport Safety Measures in North Carolina
Most North Carolina car shipping companies have a bad reputation of being less safe than their enclosed counterparts. However, these ideas are badly exaggerated.
While enclosed carriers offer more protection against anything that may harm the cargo from the outside, open carriers do have numerous structural beams that help as well. Also, outside treats consist of bad weather, flying pebbles and thieves. If you're not shipping a luxury or vintage vehicle, these factors should not be your concern.
Both types of carriers strap their cargo in place so automobiles don't hit each other while moving. Although they arrive a bit slower due to the higher number of cars they carry, open carriers are much more affordable than enclosed trucks making it a better choice for the vast majority of car owners.
Services And Information
How to Request a Price Estimate
If you're determined to ship your vehicle but are unsure if you can afford it or not, then comparing auto shipping quote services may be a solution. You can easily get an estimate from us using our online form, available at the top of the website.
It's made in 2 parts. After completing the first couple brackets, you'll be redirected to a slightly longer form where you'll need to add other personal information. The whole process takes less than 5 minutes.
You can also contact us directly if you'd like us to customize your service. Depending on your budget and needs, North Carolina auto transport can create a program that fits them.
Car Movers Near Me
North Carolina Auto Transport Directory
World Wide Auto Relocation
When you need car shipping services, nationally or internationally, this is the company to turn to for booking, from individual service to entire dealer fleets. Licensed, bonded and insured nationwide auto shippers with great BBB accredited customer reviews. We ship automobiles, vans, trucks, SUVs, motorcycles, boats and other heavy equipment with open and enclosed auto transport carriers.
5 West Hargett Street, Raleigh Durham, NC
JE Carriers Auto Transport
Customers cite one of the things about this North Carolina auto transport company is the competitive rates, great reviews, and accompanying customer service.
900 Freedom Drive, Raleigh NC
Diamond Executive Car Transportation
For those that need executive auto shipping, this company offers a wide array of options, focusing on high-end cars.
48 Lancelot Lane, Asheville, Raleigh NC
One may register a car with the DMV either by mail or in person. You will have to submit your driver's license, your car's title, your insurance policy, various applications and affidavits, as well as proof of payment for the registration fees.
As a new resident, you will be exempt from performing the initial inspection, but you will have to get one final inspection report done before submitting for your registration renewal.
To drive your car legally on the roads of North Carolina, you have to get it properly titled and registered. The two processes require the same paperwork, and you can apply for both at the same time.
Registration for New Residents in NC
During the first 30 days of your newly established residency, you will have to apply for a driver's license, as well as for the vehicle registration and titling.
While, as a new resident, you benefit from an exemption from the initial car inspection, you have 90 days to get a vehicle inspection before the expiration date of your registration.
If you have already applied to get your driver's license, you can go ahead and submit this paperwork to get your vehicle registration:
- The driver's license was issued by the state of North Carolina
- If you didn't receive your license, bring the temporary driving certificate you got when you applied for the new license and your license from your previous state of residency.
- Your auto insurance policy
- Your vehicle's title certificate
- A fully completed application for titling
- Payment for the plate fee and other applicable state taxes
Ship Car To Another State
Cost to ship car to another state
If you're shipping your car to or from North Carolina, the most important factor affecting the cost is the distance the car needs to travel. The further the distance, the more it will cost to ship the car.
Other factors that can affect shipping costs include the size and weight of the car and any special shipping requirements (e.g., insurance, etc.).
A good online shipping calculator can give you a rough estimate of the cost of shipping your car to or from North Carolina. Keep in mind that the final cost may be higher or lower than the estimate, depending on actual shipping conditions.
If you're looking to have a vehicle towed to or from North Carolina, there are a few things you should know.
First, make sure you choose a reputable company that has experience with interstate towing to or from North Carolina. A lot of companies out there claim to be able to handle interstate towing, but not all of them provide equal service.
It's also important to keep in mind the different rules and regulations that apply in North Carolina and other states. Make sure you're familiar with the laws in both the state you're coming from and the state you're going to. A good shipping company should understand these regulations well.
Transport car to another state
There are a few things to keep in mind when transporting a car to another state from North Carolina. First, make sure the car is in good condition and roadworthy. You'll also want to get all the necessary paperwork in order, including a bill of sale and registration. Finally, it's important to plan your route carefully and allow plenty of time for rest stops and emergencies.
Alternatively, you can hire the services of a reputable car shipping company, like A-1 Auto Transport. We'll take care of everything, making the whole process easy for you.
How to Register a Car in the state of North Carolina
As the new owner of an automobile, you are mandated to get it registered at the state DMV office regardless if it was purchased or received as a gift. Vehicle registration can be done either through mail or in-person.
In-person vehicle registration
The following documentation must be submitted at your local DMV office:
- A valid ID card or driver's license
- An insurance policy
- A notarized copy of your vehicle's title certificate
- A series of standardized forms completed in full: an odometer statement, damage disclosure, and title application
- The vehicle's bill of sale;
- Payment for the late fee and other applicable ship-related taxes
Mail vehicle registration
Suppose you can't register your car in person. In that case, you can get it registered by mail by submitting the documentation mentioned above and one copy of the driver's license issued in your name.
If you find yourself in one of the following situations, you will have to settle the issue before being able to apply for registration:
- If you are in debt with the DMV, you should be acquitted before you're able to apply for registration.
- If one of your old checks issued to the Department of Motor Vehicles didn't have coverage, you should call the DMV and clear the stop to allow you to apply for registration.
- If you have a history of not paying child support, you'll have to call the Health and Human Resources Department before being able to apply for registration.
- If discrepancies are found with your VIN, vehicle title, application loans, etc., the registration will be delayed.
- All county taxes in your name have to be paid in full before you apply for registration.
- If you ever lost your license due to a drunken driving charge, you should call the Courts' Administrative Office before applying for registration.
- You must purchase a car insurance policy before applying for registration.
- If the vehicle you are trying to register was reported as being stolen, you should contact the Theft and License Bureau from the DMV to clear the report before registration.
Military Members and Vehicle Registration in North Carolina
You can register your vehicle with the DMV by presenting your driver's license issued by your state of residency and the documentation proving your active service in the state of North Carolina.
If you purchased a car from overseas during military service, you should take into consideration the following requirements and taxes:
- 3% of the acquisition rate in taxes (bought from a dealership) or a tax of a maximum of $250 at a computer's schedule value (purchased from a private party);
- 3% of the cost on the sale bill in taxes for vehicles acquired without registration
- A sale bill completed in full
- Car inspection
Vehicle registration for North Carolina residents stationed in other states
If you leave sin this state and serving on active military duty in another state. In that case, you can register your car by submitting the required documentation along with your driver's license in copy by mail.
The payment of DMV fees can be done by check, cash, or by money order, for all types of expenses, such as instant title, plate fee, title certificate, tax of registration with the Authority of Regional Transportation, a tax for interstate highways, plate transfer fee, etc.
North Carolina license plates
Fees for license plates issued in this state vary depending on the vehicle type and the type of plates. You can choose between personalized and standard license plates. You shall receive your stickers and license plates when you register the automobile.
Other North Carolina Helpful Links
- North Carolina.gov - official government website for the state of North Carolina
- North Carolina Wikipedia Page - everything you need to know about the state of North Carolina
University Of North Carolina - The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill has a rich heritage of academic excellence. Chartered in 1789, UNC was the first public university in the United States and the only one to graduate students in the eighteenth century. Today, UNC is a multi-campus university composed of all 16 of North Carolina's public institutions that grant baccalaureate degrees and the NC School of Science and Mathematics, the nation's first public residential high school for gifted students. Feel free to explore this site to learn more about our campuses, academic programs, and the University of North Carolina.
North Carolina On Craigslist - local classifieds and forums for jobs, housing, for sale, personals, services, local community, and events.
Frequently Asked Questions
How is North Carolina Car Shipping Cost is Calculated?
There are four factors to consider when seeking a car shipping service to or from North Carolina.
What's your vehicle size? Is your vehicle standard-sized, oversized, inoperable, or are you looking to ship a luxury car?
What kind of carrier will you use? In North Carolina, there are five carrier options to choose from:
- Open – Provides the least protection for your car
- Enclosed – Offers the most protection for your vehicle and is the most expensive option.
- Flatbed – Best for oversized vehicles or short-distance transport
- North Carolina rail transport – 317 miles of state-owned rail with 70 freight trains and eight-passenger trains
- A professional truck driver drives your car
The distance your vehicle is transported – Fuel cost, driver fees, demand, and route accessibility are factors when shipping a car to or from North Carolina.
The best season to ship a car – You can depend on the demand increasing and decreasing during different times of the year, so being flexible will help you with the time for pickup and delivery and your budget.
How do I prepare to ship a car to or from North Carolina?
- Clean out your items from your car unless you plan to ship some inside the vehicle. If so, you are limited to 100 lbs, and they must be in the car so they don't block the driver's view.
- Make sure your petrol or diesel fuel level is ¼ tank.
- Take pictures of your auto at pick up. Show any dents, dings, or scratches. You'll use these pictures to compare the condition of your car during delivery.
How can I track my vehicle while in transit to and from North Carolina?
Most car shipping companies will have a way to track your vehicle while in transit to make sure your car arrived safely. You can make this a question you ask when interviewing different auto transport companies. The ways are:
- Online tracking on their website using a search or contract # given to you at pickup
- A periodic call or text with an update from the company
- An update only if you call and ask them
- A direct line to the driver if it's a driver/operator/owner of the transport company
Can I transport an inoperative vehicle in North Carolina?
Yes, you can. Many auto transport companies in North Carolina need to ensure that the one you select has to experience shipping inoperable vehicles.
An experienced Transport Car company will know that your vehicle needs to roll, steer, and brake. It's essential that you understand and can communicate the condition of your car when speaking with a company or broker. If you don't, you could rack up some extra fees. These would come from sending a carrier without the proper equipment and any delay from you. If you are unsure of the vehicle's condition, make sure you learn and understand it clearly before calling a Transport Car company.
Are there particular documents required to transport my car to or from North Carolina?
You should have your current driver's license, up-to-date registration, and proof of insurance. If your vehicle has a lien, then you'll need written permission from your lienholder to transport your car.
How do I file a complaint with the Department of Transportation in North Carolina?
If you want to file a complaint regarding the transport car company, driver, or anyone associated with your vehicle transport – fraud or theft - you can do so by filing a complaint.
Should I be concerned about fraudulent car shipping companies? For example, how do I know that my transport company or broker is legit?
It is fair for you to be concerned about the legitimacy of a transport company or broker when needing to haul a vehicle. You can learn what to keep in mind and watch for when seeking service to ship your car by going to the Consumer Advisory About Automobile Transporters.