Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Kansas
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Safe And Reliable Kansas Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Kansas is considered to be the pinnacle of the American Midwest; a place where agriculture is prominent and small towns are still a big deal. You can literally get lost in the miles and miles of farmland and picturesque countryside, yet innovation is huge in this state. From renewable energy implementation to small towns that are on the cusp of being among the most environmentally-friendly in the country, there is plenty to see here and even more to do, particularly if you enjoy communing in the great outdoors. However, you need a car to do it all, which is the benefit of using Kansas auto transport services.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time|
|Overland Park to Wichita||$187||187 miles||1 – 2 days|
|Wichita to Kansas City||$197||197 miles||1 – 2 days|
|Denver to Wichita||$390||520 miles||2 – 4 days|
|Wichita to Memphis||$433||577 miles||2 – 4 days|
|North Carolina to Kansas City||$631||1052 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Kansas to Washington||$775||1291 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Jacksonville to Kansas||$826||1377 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Kansas to San Diego||$885||1475 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Oregon to Kansas||$886||1477 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Massachusetts to Kansas||$983||1639 miles||5 – 7 days|
|Seattle to Wichita||$1091||1819 miles||5 – 7 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Tips For Handling Kansas Car Transport Companies
When you are looking to book Kansas car shipping services, keep a few key tips in mind.
- Plot out destinations: There are a ton of sights to see far off the beaten path around Kansas. This is the point of even having your car shipped to you in Kansas. Whether you are just visiting or in the midst of a full-fledged relocation, you want to be ready. In addition to shipping your vehicle, take the time to plot out your destinations ahead of time, so you don’t have to waste time stopping during your adventure.
- Prepare your vehicle: Should you decide to peruse any one of the small towns located around the state, make sure your vehicle is ready ahead of transport. This way, once you pick it up or receive the delivery, you simply need to get in the car and “go.” This includes a full-service check and gassing up ahead of hitting the road.
- Consider regional transport: Kansas is actually a sizeable state and there is plenty to see and do. However, if you plan to go from one end of the state to the next, you might consider a regional transport option if you don’t want to be stuck making the journey on your own.
In addition to the vast farmland, Kansas is home to an eclectic smattering of small locales that offer some of the most stunning artisan work you’ve ever seen, from beaded jewelry to canvas art and everything in between. This is another plus to perusing the state on your own terms, as you are likely to run across an authentic small town fair or gaggle of homemade goodies that are one-of-a-kind, making you happy that you shipped your vehicle so that you could explore the possibilities.
Visit the Kansas Department of Transportation website for more information on shipping your automobile to Kansas.
Services And Information
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Kansas Vehicle Shipping Companies Directory
Car Transport Inc.
Car Transport Inc. can get your vehicle to any number of places around the state, including across the border and into the Missouri region, as well. BBB accredited Kansas auto transport business, check out their reviews online. Licensed, bonded and insured. Offering great prices with military discounts and seasonal discounts with friendly drivers. Get a free price quote online, by phone, or email.
301 S 51st St
Kansas City, KS 66106
Cassens Transport Co.
Cassens has a reputation for excellent customer service and an ability to ship cars in and out of Kansas, depending on the need. Cassens has affordable pricing and can do both short-distance and long-distance auto hauling. Nationwide auto shippers all over the United States. Offers open air and enclosed auto transport carriers, and door to door deliveries of vehicles, trucks, vans, SUVs, motorcycles, boats, heavy hauling and more.
301 S 51st St
Kansas City, KS 66106
D&H Auto Transport
D&H offers both enclosed shipping as well as open air and custom vehicle options. Along with affordable rates, this is an ideal solution for Kansas auto shipping needs.
4908 Harborside Drive
Central Auto Transport
With years of experience in the transport business, Central Auto Transport provides a safe option for shipping your vehicle either to or from points around the state of Kansas.
270 W. 53RD St. N
Park City, KS
B&M Auto Transport
B&M Auto Transport provides a wide array of shipping for your vehicle, motorcycle or boat, both in the state and around the country. Moreover, the company’s rates are affordable and its boasts an excellent record of friendly and helpful customer service.
2504 W. Heuett St.
Vehicle Registration in Kansas
All vehicle registrations in the state of Kansas are done by bringing in person the required documentation at the designated offices: payment of the fee of registration, your driver’s license, car title, an application fully completed, and proof of car insurance. In some cases, a certificate of examination will be requested depending on the place where the purchase took place: inside or outside Kansas borders.
Every vehicle must be registered with the Revenue Department in Kansas. Therefore, cars that were recently bought or owned by freshly installed residents, will have to undergo the registration process.
Take note that even if you’ve got a registered car with the Kansas Department of Revenue, you have to keep your registration up to date and renew it when it expires.
Car Registration for New Kansas Residents
After taking up residency in Kansas, you have a grace period of 90 days in order to register your vehicle. Prior to the registration, your car must undergo a proper inspection at a specialized station of the state’s Highway Patrol. During that inspection, your vehicles VIN will be verified.
Documents necessary for the inspection:
- Owner’s driver’s license,
- The title of the car,
- Payment of the inspection fee.
At the end of the inspection, you will be given a certificate for the automobile examination that you will use during the Kansas car registration process.
Documents necessary for the vehicle registration:
- Proof of automobile insurance;
- The certificate of examination;
- The title of the car;
- Only the person specified in the title can register the car on his/her name. In the specific situation when there are more names on the document title, all owners have to be present for the registration.
- In case your car is the object of a lien, ask your lienholder to send a duplicate of the document by fax to the county treasurer.
- Fully completed forms for title and registration;
- Payment of the taxes and fees of registration.
Kansas car registrations are valid for one year. However, new vehicles benefit from a valid period since the date of purchase until the required renewal, which varies depending on the starting letter of the last name of the owner – cases in which the fee is prorated.
Vehicle Registration in Kansas
Once you bought a car in the state of Kansas, you get a grace period of 60 days to get it registered in your name.
If you decide to make your purchase from a car dealership, take note that they will handle the submission of the registration documents for you.
However, if you buy your car from a private individual you will have to visit the county treasurer and apply for registration with the following documents:
- Proof of auto insurance valid in the state of Kansas,
- The car’s title signed over to you,
- A car examination certificate if the initial title is from outside of Kansas or the transaction took place outside of Kansas,
- A Kansas issued tax receipt for the sale,
- The forms for registration and title completed in full,
- Payment of the fees of registration.
Every Kansas certificate of car registration has a 1-year validity period. However, registrations of new vehicles have a validation period starting from the time of purchase until the expiration date of the registration. Their validity varies depending on the starting letter of the owner’s last name. If it exceeds the 1-year period, the fee gets prorated.
Even though the titling process differs for vehicles received as gifts, the registration process does not suffer alterations depending on the way the car was acquired.
Temporary Registration of a Kansas vehicle
You have the option to apply for a temporary permit at any Kansas county treasure if you want to use your car before you decide to apply for permanent license plates. To benefit from this, you will need:
- Proof of a valid Kansas auto insurance policy,
- The car title,
- A sale contract,
- Payment of the fee.
You can apply for this temporary permit only once for every vehicle you own, and the 60-day period cannot be prolonged.
How to Transfer a Car Registration?
You have the option to transfer the plates of your old car onto your newly-bought vehicle if some conditions are met:
- The plates you wish to transfer are within their validity period;
- The name appearing on the valid car registration document doesn’t change.
In order to apply for a transfer of the vehicle registration, you have to provide:
- The title of the car;
- The receipt for the current Kansas vehicle registration;
- If the document was misplaced, you can receive a duplicate.
- The name on the receipt of the car registration must match the one on the title.
- The exact date of the sale transaction and the buyer’s name for the car you are transferring the plates from;
- A car that previously had its license plates has to be traded or sold in a period of 30 days after the acquisition date of the new vehicle.
Vehicle Registration in Kansas for Military Members
Military members that reside in the state of Kansas: Military personnel that reside in Kansas can benefit from tax exemptions for their automobiles. To benefit from this, you must submit an affidavit and provide:
- Your military identification card,
- LES documentation,
- Military orders in writing,
- The title of the car,
- An exemption applies only when the car title is in your name. It doesn’t apply for vehicles titled in a dependent’s name or for vehicles that are leased.
Military members that do not reside in the state of Kansas: If you are military personnel stationed in the state of Kansas, you don’t have to register your vehicle with the Kansas Revenue Department, giving that you live outside of state borders.
The same exemption is applied to students that are enrolled in a university or college in the state of Kansas for full time studies but reside in another state.
Kansas residents and out-of-state registration: If you temporarily reside outside of the state of Kansas, but you are still a KS resident, you are able to register your car without being personally present at the Department of Revenue in Kansas. However, you will have to give someone a power of attorney in order to be able to apply for registration in your name.
Fees for Kansas Car Registration
The weight and type of your vehicle are what determine the amount of fees you will have to pay to get it registered in the state of Kansas.
Take note that additional fees may be charged, depending on the county of residency, transaction type, and the amount owed for vehicle taxes.
How to Obtain a Car Registration Duplicate?
You have the obligation to carry the vehicle registration with you at all times when driving. In case you have misplaced your Kansas vehicle registration documents, you will find yourself in need of replacing them.
You can apply for the release of a duplicate for your car registration papers at the office of the county tag with the following:
- A completed application for the release of registration and title paperwork;
- Payment for the duplicate release fee.
Car Inspections in the State of Kansas
If you purchased a car outside of the state of Kansas, you are obliged to make a VIN inspection, so you can register it within the state.
Documentation required for the VIN inspection:
- Your driver’s license,
- The title of the vehicle,
- Inspection fee receipt.
Kansas does not mandate emissions inspections. However, it would be appreciated if you informed yourself on ways to lower the emissions of your vehicle.
License Plates in Kansas
You will have to decide the design of your license plates at the time when you apply for a Kansas vehicle registration. You will be able to make your pick out of a variety of specialized plates or choose the standard license plates design.
To replace your stolen, lost, or damaged license plates, you have to provide the office of the county treasure with:
- The license plate number,
- Valid car insurance documentation,
- Payment for the replacement of the plates.
Other Kansas Resources
Kansas.gov – official government website for the state of Kansas.
Kansas Wikipedia Page – everything you need to know about the state of Kansas.
University Of Kansas – The university is committed to offering the highest quality undergraduate, professional and graduate programs, comparable to the best obtainable anywhere in the nation. As the AAU research university of the state, the University of Kansas offers a broad array of advanced graduate study programs and fulfills its mission through faculty, academic and research programs of international distinction and outstanding libraries, teaching museums and information technology. These resources enrich the undergraduate experience and are essential for graduate-level education and for research.
Kansas On Craigslist – local classifieds and forums for jobs, housing, for sale, personals, services, local community, and events.
Reviews from Customers in Kansas
Joe’s auto transportation services were very satisfactory. If you’re checking out this industry and don’t know who to choose, I highly recommend you try A1 Auto Transport. They are very fast to reply and adapt well to your circumstances.
I was concerned the company would not be able to meet my deadlines, but Joe somehow made it happen. He also managed to get the truck to my location, despite it being a bit tricky.
I shipped my car all the way to Kansas, and the driver still managed to arrive on time, both for the pickup and for the delivery. I give this service a huge thumbs up and would recommend it to anyone.- Jordan D. S.
I took a photo of my Mazda sedan and sent it to Kansas using A1 Auto Transport. My car arrived in the same condition according to my sister. She told me the staff was very friendly. They even waited for my sister to send me the photos of my car with them. Such a reliable transport company!- Joshua I.
Auto Transport Services in Kansas
- Allen County
- Atchison County
- Barton County
- Bourbon County
- Brown County
- Butler County
- Cherokee County
- Cowley County
- Crawford County
- Dickinson County
- Douglas County
- Ellis County
- Finney County
- Ford County
- Franklin County
- Garden City
- Geary County
- Harvey County
- Jackson County
- Johnson County
- Kansas City
- Labette County
- Leavenworth County
- Linn County
- Lyon County
- Marion County
- Marshall County
- McPherson County
- Miami County
- Montgomery County
- Nemaha County
- Neosho County
- Osage County
- Overland Park
- Pottawatomie County
- Pratt County
- Reno County
- Rice County
- Riley County
- Saline County
- Sedgwick County
- Seward County
- Shawnee County
- Sumner County
- Wilson County
- Wyandotte County