- Car Transport Massachusetts (Ma) Near Me
- Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
- Car Delivery Service Near Me
- Car Transport Companies Near Me
- Car Shipping Companies Massachusetts
- Long Distance Auto Transport To/From Massachusetts
- International Car Shipping Massachusetts & Vehicle Transport Services
- Cheap Car Transportation Options In Massachusetts
- Shipping Luxury And Classic Cars In Massachusetts
- Best Auto Transport Massachusetts Discounts
- Auto Transport Industry Safety Measures In Massachusetts
- How To Request A Price Estimate From Auto Transport Company
- Car Movers Near Me
- Massachusetts Auto Transport Companies Directory
- American Auto Transporters, Inc
- Car Shipping Inc
- Fisher Shipping Company
- Freightport, Inc
- 1St Call Auto Transport
- Auto Driveaway - Boston
- Military Auto Transport
- Trinity Auto Transport
- Forge Motors Auto Transport
- Mr Carhauler
- Sharp Automobile Transport Llc
Car Transport Massachusetts (Ma) Near Me
Massachusetts is perhaps well known for being a super small state with a very big city: Boston. Home of the Red Sox, and the most die-hard baseball fans you will find anywhere, this glittering city offers as much to do as its large NYC counterpart, just to its southwest. From the culture of the theater to the bustling business district, many people relocate here both for professional and educational opportunities. However, along with relocation comes the need for a vehicle and this is where Massachusetts auto transport company comes into play.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Boston to Philadelphia||$311||311 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Columbus to Boston||$583||777 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Boston to Asheville||$683||911 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Chicago to Massachusetts||$728||970 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Atlanta to Boston||$646||1077 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Massachusetts to Texas||$1184||1973 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Colorado to Massachusetts||$1012||2023 miles||6 - 8 days|
|Massachusetts to Las Vegas||$1081||2703 miles||7 - 9 days|
|Oregon to Massachusetts||$1169||2923 miles||7 - 9 days|
|Boston to California||$1242||3106 miles||7 - 9 days|
*Prices and times for MA auto transport services are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Car Delivery Service Near Me
Car Transport Companies Near Me
Looking for auto transport companies in Massachusetts? A trip from Boston to Atlanta will take about 18-hours, or 1,100 miles. That might not be so bad if it’s for a fun road trip, but if it’s for a move, that’s a whole other story. If you’re moving, or you just need your car in the area for an extended time but aren’t too excited to drive it there, reach out to us. We can plan your entire ma car shipping services and walk you through our industry-leading auto transport process. We have teams all over your state to provide Ma auto hauling services.
Car Shipping Companies Massachusetts
When you are looking to book reliable Massachusetts auto transport services, keep a few key tips in mind.
- Determine the type of ma car transport services you need
- Get car shipping service quotes from various car transport companies
- Determine how you want to get your car picked up and your delivery location like New Bedford, Boston, or Fall River
There are plenty of points around the state where Massachusetts auto transport companies have depots, so you have more options that might normally have. Take advantage of that and try to choose an auto transport company office closest to the area in which you plan to visit or relocate.
Visit the Massachusetts Department of Transportation website for more information on Massachusetts and the plentiful opportunities in which it can offer those visiting or relocating to the state.
Long Distance Auto Transport to/from Massachusetts
If you’re moving to another state from Massachusetts, you may not want to also drive your car there. It is a very time consuming process and quite inefficient, especially when there are auto carriers that can conduct the it for you.
A1 Auto Transport’s fleet of carriers can take your car anywhere in the US including Fall River, and we provide international shipping services as well. Especially when moving abroad, there’ll be a lot of paperwork and preparation needed to deal with customs and get past borders for the Massachusetts car shipping. Our auto transport company is used to such a hassle, and we can either take care of it for you or guide you through the MA car hauling services process when your presence is necessary.
International Car Shipping Massachusetts & Vehicle Transport Services
A1 Auto Transport simplifies international car shipping by taking the entire process off your shoulders. We take care of moving your car on land or book the ship that will take it overseas (if necessary). We will communicate with customs and get your car’s entry approved.
On your end, all you have to do is prepare some basic documents and sign a simple car transport contract. You have full control over how the car transport will be carried out.
Call our toll free number now to discuss your vehicle shipping options. Our truck driver provide exact pickup service from following locations:
- Lynn Massachusetts
- Lawrence Massachusetts
- Brockton Massachusetts
- Lowell Massachusetts
- Somerville Massachusetts
- New Bedford Massachusetts
- Quincy Massachusetts
- Framingham Massachusetts
- Newton Massachusetts
- Boston Massachusetts
- Springfield Massachusetts
- Fall River Massachusetts
- Worcester Massachusetts
- Cambridge Massachusetts
Cheap Car Transportation Options in Massachusetts
Among the ways you can reduce your transport to from Massachusetts costs, a few stand out:
- Although driving your car may seem cheaper, especially over long distances, it’s often not. Because hotel bills, fuel costs, and meals add up, not to mention potential damage and added mileage to the car, it’s often cheaper to use Ma auto shipping services.
- Larger companies like A1 Auto Transport have many available carriers and a defined system that reduce costs and allow for the price to be set at a reasonable level. Although you should be careful of scammers, comparing prices is a standard and very efficient way to get a better deal.
- Our auto shipping company offers both enclosed and open carriers. Enclosed carriers are ideal for expedited deliveries, though open carriers are more affordable and therefore preferred by the vast majority.
- Large companies also have a solid terminal system which can lower your Ma auto carrier services cost considerably. Few companies also provide service in England region from New Bedford.
Finally, when calling our toll free number regarding your vehicle shipping requirements, make sure to ask about our discounts and seasonal best price.
Shipping Luxury and Classic Cars in Massachusetts
Choosing an enclosed auto carrier is a great way to move exotic and antique cars to Massachusetts. While open auto transportation is easier to book due to its high demand, enclosed vehicle carriers offer additional services in shipping and maintaining classic and luxury cars while in transit. These include hydraulic lift gates to load and unload low-clearance vehicles, a tracking system that monitors and gives phone and email updates about the car’s transport status, as well as an option to ship vehicles either by a covered single or multi-car carrier.
Since we ship vehicles in a covered truck or trailer, the likelihood of damage due to bad road conditions and weather conditions is low, thereby reducing the risk for expensive repairs. If you own luxury, antique, or classic cars that require Massachusetts car transport, the high insurance policy limits of enclosed auto carriers may prove beneficial. Our carriers and drivers are experienced in moving such cars and provide high quality transport to from Massachusetts.
Best Auto Transport Massachusetts Discounts
Special discounts are offered to students who plan on moving a car with A1 Auto Transport service. We also give special consideration to senior citizens and military members who wish to use our Massachusetts car transport services. Finally, all our customers can take advantage of our seasonal discounts, so everyone can afford Massachusetts auto transport service at the best price.
Auto Transport Industry Safety Measures in Massachusetts
While enclosed carriers offer ideal protection against all outside elements, open ones can be just as good and much more affordable for auto transport industry. The surrounding cars and beams limit the area exposed to the elements, and our drivers avoid bad roads for Ma auto transportation services, so accidents don’t happen.
Most importantly, regardless of which type of carrier you choose for Massachusetts auto transport, because you’re not driving the car to its destination, no extra mileage, wear, or tear is added. You can think of it as leaving your automobile in a surveyed mobile parking lot for a few days. It’s just as safe.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
How to Request a Price Estimate from Auto Transport Company
If you’re going to call our office toll free number, make sure you have a few minutes free to properly discuss things. This way, our staff can give you a free quote and personalized service for Massachusetts auto transport according to your wishes.
If you’d like to use our online service form, you can find it in the upper corner of the screen. Please read all the instructions and fill all the fields related to Massachusetts auto transport. To get competitive prices, you need to put in real pick up date and personal information.
Car Movers Near Me
Massachusetts Auto Transport Companies Directory
American Auto Transporters, Inc.
1033 Turnpike Street, Canton, MA (800) 800-2580 Google+
Chip's Transport Services
295 Union Street, East Walpole, MA (508) 660-8900
Car Shipping Inc
65 Sprague Street, Boston, MA (877) 843-1913
Fisher Shipping Company
76 Webster St, Worcester, MA (508) 792-2427 Google+
2 South Bridge Drive #1b, Agawam, MA (413) 455-2139
1st Call Auto Transport
34 Adams Place, South Weymouth, MA (888) 607-1999
Auto Driveaway - Boston
480 Neponset Street, Canton, MA (781) 828-4070
Military Auto Transport
5 Bickford Road #1, Malden, MA (800) 921-6955
Trinity Auto Transport
32 Streeter Hill Road, N. Falmouth, MA (617) 874-1353
Forge Motors Auto Transport
96 North Bedford Street, East Bridgewater, MA (508) 378-7700 Forge Motors Auto Transport
655 West Lowell Avenue #1, Haverhill, MA (978) 457-4396
Sharp Automobile Transport LLC
70 James St # 231, Worcester, MA (508) 926-8601
Nationwide Transport Services
75 Arlington Street #500, Boston, MA (617) 507-1771
Daisy Dukes Transport
21 Ardmore Road, Holland, MA (508) 450-0540
Fox Auto Transport
17 Hawley Street #102, Northampton, MA (617) 933-8912
Phoenix Auto Transport
141 Memorial Parkway, Randolph, MA (877) 687-9990
JT Auto Transport Inc.
200 Burkhall Street #804, Weymouth, MA (800) 921-6955
Vehicle Registration in Massachusetts
All cars circulating legally on the roads of Massachusetts are registered with the Massachusetts Registry of Vehicles. Once your car arrived in Massachusetts, you have to submit your vehicle title, auto insurance policy, pay the fees for registration, and provide an odometer disclosure at the RMV office nearest to you. The required paperwork might differ according to the provenience of the vehicle, whether it was acquired from a dealer, or if it was gifted. The fees for registration will differ as well according to your desired time of registration and your car’s type.
Ship Car To Another State
Cost to ship car to another state
If you're shipping your car to or from Massachusetts, the most important factor affecting the cost is the distance the car needs to travel. The further the distance, the more it will cost to ship the car.
Other factors that can affect shipping costs include the size and weight of the car and any special shipping requirements (e.g., insurance, etc.).
A good online shipping calculator can give you a rough estimate of the cost of shipping your car to or from Massachusetts. Keep in mind that the final cost may be higher or lower than the estimate, depending on actual shipping conditions.
If you're looking to have a vehicle towed to or from Massachusetts, there are a few things you should know.
First, make sure you choose a reputable company that has experience with interstate towing to or from Massachusetts. A lot of companies out there claim to be able to handle interstate towing, but not all of them provide equal service.
It's also important to keep in mind the different rules and regulations that apply in Massachusetts and other states. Make sure you're familiar with the laws in both the state you're coming from and the state you're going to. A good shipping company should understand these regulations well.
Transport car to another state
There are a few things to keep in mind when transporting a car to another state from Massachusetts. First, make sure the car is in good condition and roadworthy. You'll also want to get all the necessary paperwork in order, including a bill of sale and registration. Finally, it's important to plan your route carefully and allow plenty of time for rest stops and emergencies.
Alternatively, you can hire the services of a reputable car shipping company, like A-1 Auto Transport. We'll take care of everything, making the whole process easy for you.
Registration for New Massachusetts Residents
As a new resident, you are obliged to convert the car registration from your previous state of residency to a Massachusetts registration at the RMV office within the first 30 days of your move. You will have to get your car titled as well, and you can perform the titling simultaneously with the registration.
You’re exempt from the Massachusetts sales tax if your car used to be registered in another state for more than 6 months. The same exemption applies if you bought your car in MA, registered it in another state and you are now looking to change its registration to Massachusetts. If your car is older than 1980 or if you purchased it before the 26th of November 1990, you are exempt from paying a titling fee.
To change your vehicle registration to a Massachusetts registration, you will have to go through a few steps:
- Visit a licensed Massachusetts insurance agent:
- Buy an auto insurance policy;
- Ask the agent to prepare a title and registration application:
- Verify that the agent stamps and signs the application;
- Verify that the application has the number of the vehicle title and the full name of the lienholder, if there’s a lien on the car;
- Sign the completed application;
- Submit the following paperwork to the local Registry of Motor Vehicles office:
- The application for the title and registration signed and dated;
- The form exempting you from the tax for cars purchased out of the Massachusetts state;
- The title from your previous state of residency;
- Proof of payment for the required fees and taxes.
Depending on the license plate type chosen, the period of validity for your registration will vary between biennial or annual.
Please note you are obliged to get your vehicle inspected in 7 days from the registration. You will get the new title by mail in a maximum of ten business days.
How to Get Your Vehicle Registered in Massachusetts
The registration process in Massachusetts differs if you bought your car from a private individual or if you purchased it from a dealership.
Registration for cars bought from a dealership
For a car bought from dealership, be it used or new, you must follow these steps to register it with the Massachusetts’ Registry of Motor Vehicles:
- Get a completed form of title and registration from the dealer that should contain the lienholder’s information if the car will be the object of a lien;
- With the above form, visit the office of an insurance agent and buy a car insurance policy stamped and signed by the approved Massachusetts agent;
- Submit the paperwork mentioned below at the RMV office:
- The form for title and registration;
- Proof of ownership;
- Origin certificate issued by the manufacturer (applicable for new vehicles);
- A form of re-assignment or the title certificate of the previous owner (applicable for used cars);
- Previous certificate of registration and sale bill for cars that are exempt of titling due to their age;
- Payment for the sales tax of the car, registration taxes, and titling fee.
- In the same day, you will be handed your plates and the certificate of registration for your vehicle. However, the car’s title will arrive by mail within 10 working days.
In a maximum of 7 days from the registration, you will have to submit your vehicle to an inspection.
Registration of Cars Bought or Received as Gifts
The registration process is slightly different depending on the manner in which you came in possession of the vehicle: whether it was gifted to you or if you bought it.
The steps you should follow to register a car bought in a private transaction are:
- Purchase a car insurance policy from an agent that is licensed in Massachusetts;
- Get the agent to complete, stamp, and sign an official form for titling and registration;
- Be wary to include the information of the lienholder if your vehicle is the object of a lien.
After obtaining an insurance policy on your name and a completed form as requested by the law, you should submit the following paperwork to the Registry of Motor Vehicles:
- An application for the title and registration with the signature and stamp of the insurance agent;
- The title certificate of the first owner, signed by the buyer and the seller;
- The previous certificate of registration or the sale bill for cars exempt of titling due to their age;
- A mileage statement;
- Payment for the sales tax, titling fee, and registration fee.
You will receive the license plates and vehicle registration on the spot and the title will arrive by mail in 10 working days. In the next 7 days following the registration, your new car will have to undergo an inspection, as per Massachusetts state law.
For vehicles received as gifts from one of the following family members, you may not have to a sales tax:
- Mother or father,
- Wife or husband,
- Brother or sister,
- Daughter or son.
The registration of a vehicle received as a gift consists on the following steps:
- Purchase an auto insurance policy;
- The acquisition of a title and registration application. It must be completed, stamped, and signed by the insurance agent;
- The submission of these documents at the RMV office:
- The application of the title and registration;
- A form in support of exemption from use or sales tax for cars purchased out of Massachusetts;
- The title certificate of the first owner or the sale bill.
- Payment for the titling fee, registration fee, and the gift fee.
You will receive the plates and the registration certificate at the RMV office. But you will have to wait up to 10 working days to receive the title certificate by mail. It becomes your responsibility to submit your vehicle to an inspection in the 7 days following the registration.
How to Transfer an Existing Massachusetts Car Registration
There are some conditions that have to be met to transfer your car registration to a new vehicle:
- The registration of the old vehicle has to be active;
- Both vehicles must have the same owner on their registration;
- The standards met by the two cars should be similar (I.e. the registration fee should be of the same value).
You can transfer the registration of your old car onto a new vehicle in a period of maximum 7 days since you sold or got rid of the old one if you meet these conditions:
- You're older than 18 years.
- The two vehicles are similar (registration cost, wheels’ number, etc.).
- You must carry on you the documents of transfer that contain the first registration information.
- You sold your old vehicle or disposed of it in some way;
- You placed the license plates onto your new car.
The registration transfer will be complete once you went through all the steps mentioned above, depending on the way you acquired the vehicle, and after you paid the legal transfer fee.
Fees for Registration in Massachusetts
The amount of fees required for vehicle registrations in the state of Massachusetts differ depending on criteria like:
- Type of car that will be registered;
- The period of time chosen for the renewal of the registration (biennial or annual);
- The type of license plates: specialty or standard plates.
Sales Tax Exemptions and Requirements
6% of the acquisition rate of the car is to be paid in sales taxes. You won’t have to pay sales taxes if:
- The car is being transferred from or gifted by a family member;
- The vehicle was registered for at least 6 months in the state where it was purchased (other than Massachusetts);
- You purchased in the past a car in Massachusetts and you had it registered in another state.
If the vehicle you are registering was purchased in the state of Massachusetts, but it was registered somewhere else, you should submit the following documents if you wish to be exempted from paying a sales tax:
- The invoice or bill of sale;
- The delivery letter containing:
- Phone, address, and name of the person selling the car;
- Name of the person that delivered the vehicle;
- Address of deliverance;
- Name of the person that received the vehicle;
- Method of delivery;
- Signature of the one who sold the car (the authorized representative, for dealerships).
Car Registration in Massachusetts for Non-Residents and Military Members
Military members stationed in Massachusetts should follow the registration steps mentioned for civilians. Military members stationed outside of the state of Massachusetts that desire to get a registration for a car they bought in MA should complete the registration using mail.
Military personnel stationed in the state of Massachusetts that aren’t residents should keep the registrations from their own states. However, if they wish to register their cars in Massachusetts, they should follow the registration steps listed for civilians.
If you are a Massachusetts student and you maintained your residency in your home state while commuting to or living in Massachusetts for work, school, etc. you are not obliged to register your car with the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles. However, you must submit a statement as a driver from another state to the local police. Failure to doing so might cost you $200 in fines.
How to Obtain a Vehicle Registration Duplicate or Plates Duplicate
If you find yourself in the situation where your license plates or registration are either damaged or lost after your car arrived, you may request a duplicate in person, by mail, by phone, or online.
Replacements requested online
- Go to the portal for duplicate registration on the DMV website;
- Submit the requested information:
- The type of plate,
- The plate number or registration,
- Your driver’s license number,
- An e-mail address;
- Payment of the duplicate plates fee and of the duplicate registration fee.
The new certificate of registration will be delivered to the address completed on the file, or to the leasing company for leased vehicles.
Replacement requested by mail
To request the replacement of your registration by mail:
- Send a request to the RMV by detailing the information of your vehicle: model, make, year, plate number, VIN.
- Submit a proof of payment for the fee for duplicate license plates or registration.
Replacement requested in person
To get your registration or license plates replaced in person, you should visit the RMV office, complete a Universal Form, and pay the required fees.
After the registration of the vehicle, you get a grace period of seven days to undergo a VIN inspection that includes a safety test and an emissions check.
Services And Information
Other Massachusetts Resources
Mass.gov - official government website for the state of Massachusetts.
Massachusetts Wikipedia Page - everything you need to know about the state of Massachusetts.
MIT.edu - The mission of MIT is to advance knowledge and educate students in science, technology and other areas of scholarship that will best serve the nation and the world in the 21st century — whether the focus is cancer, energy, economics or literature.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who Regulates Car Shipping Companies in Massachusetts?
In Massachusetts, auto shipping companies are regulated by the Highway Division of the Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MASSDOT). The Permit Office issues licenses to car shipping companies while imposing restrictions on the width, length, height, and weight of car carriers, in order to prevent accidents and damage to roads and bridges.
For Massachusetts-based auto transport companies that do interstate shipping, they also need to be licensed by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). This nationwide agency provides auto shipping companies with a USDOT number, which they can use to track the safety record of every commercial trucking company.
How Can I Check a Massachusetts Car Shipper’s License?
If you’re interested in finding out whether your Massachusetts auto shipping company is licensed by the state, your first step should be to contact the Permit Office by email. However, you can also contact the office on Monday through Friday, from 7 am to 4 pm Eastern, either by phone at toll free (781) 431-5148 or by fax at (781) 431-5014.
For interstate auto transport moves, you can also look up the company on FMCSA’s website using their Safety and Fitness Electronic Record (SAFER) system. This portal allows you to enter auto transport company’s USDOT number, which they should be able to provide to you, so you can view the company’s license and safety record.
How Do I File An Auto Shipping Complaint in Massachusetts?
There are two ways to file a complaint against a Massachusetts-based auto transport company if your car arrived late. The first is with the Massachusetts Attorney General’s office. There’s an online form that you can fill out to try and resolve the problem as quickly as possible.
You can also file a complaint with the FMCSA, as long as you call them within nine months of the pick up date or the incident at toll free 1-888-DOT-SAFT (1-888-368-7238). Make sure to call during their normal operating hours, which are from 8 am to 8 pm Monday through Friday. Data rates may apply.
A couple of tips when looking for auto transport to from Massachusetts:
- Make sure you understand the difference between an auto transporter or a broker. Brokers arrange auto transport service. If a company doesn't clarify whether they're a transporter or broker, this could be suspicious.
- Auto transporters and brokers must register with FMCSA and get a six-digit "MC Docket" number. In addition, transporters are issued a seven-digit "USDOT" number. These numbers mean the companies are valid because they are registered.
Will I Need to Provide Any Paperwork?
You will need some paperwork for Ma auto hauling services, but for the most part, you should already have everything you need. Before your car is picked up for auto transport, make sure you have these documents:
- A valid driver’s license
- Your vehicle registration
- Proof of insurance
- A copy of your title
Not every motor carrier company will require all of these documents, but it never hurts to have them on hand. If you do need one of them, you won’t be left scrambling around to find them!
Do I Need to Add Extra Insurance to Transport My Vehicle?
Every auto transport company is legally required to carry insurance for the cars they transport. This is meant to protect both you and the motor carrier in the event that your car becomes damaged during auto transport. This can happen from debris, weather, or in the rare event the carrier itself is involved in an accident.
While this coverage is usually enough for most cars, individuals who are shipping more expensive cars may want to ask their insurance provider for supplemental coverage service with an additional fee. Depending on the value of your automobile, the carrier’s policy may not cover the full value of your vehicle.
How Can I Save Money When Using MA Car Shipping Services?
No one wants to spend more money than they have to, and the same is true when it comes to Ma auto shipping services! Here are some of the ways that you can minimize your Ma car hauling services cost:
Have a Flexible Schedule
Winter is usually a less busy time of year for car shippers, and you’re likely to find competitive prices if you can schedule your transport then. You can also save money by being flexible on your pick-up and transport delivery dates.
Open-Air Carriers vs. Enclosed Carriers
While enclosed carriers provide more protection for your transport, an open-air carrier is much less expensive service. Most vehicle owners won’t notice a difference. And since there are more open-air carriers on the road, there’s less competition for space, which translates into savings for you!
Shorter Distance Means Lower Cost
The biggest factor in service cost is distance. One way to lower that cost is with terminal-to-terminal transport shipping service. With this service, you drop your car off at a depot, then pick it up at another terminal near your destination. It may be slightly less convenient service, but it can save money.
Am I Eligible for Any Transport Discounts?
There are almost always discount programs available, especially if you’re a student, senior, or member of the military. You should also ask about seasonal transport discounts, which can make your shipment more affordable.
Will You Transport My Classic or Luxury Car?
Of course! When you’re seeking transport service for more valuable cars, you should ship it in an enclosed carrier. While this transport service is more expensive, the added protection of a hard-sided carrier can prevent damage from weather, as well as scratches, dings, and dents from road debris. Even better, it keeps your car hidden from prying eyes, adding yet another layer of protection to your transport.
How can I get an instant quote for transport service to or from Massachusetts?
Most auto transport companies or brokers can provide quotes online. However, the quote you receive will be an estimate, not the final one.
When you have selected your transport company or broker and are ready to ship your vehicle to or from Massachusetts, you will get another estimate based on timely variables such as gas prices that change daily.
Can I transport my inoperable car to or from Massachusetts?
Yes, you can transport an inoperable vehicle. It must, however, be able to be wheeled, steered, or towed. These methods are all used to load a car on a truck.
Often, an inoperable vehicle is a classic one and either newly purchased or having work done on them. If your vehicle is a classic, be sure to consider an enclosed method of transportation to protect it best.
*NOTE – Make sure the transport company or broker you select has expertise in shipping inoperable vehicles.
How can I track my vehicle while it's in transit to or from Massachusetts?
Most transport companies will provide service to track your vehicle while in transit. You can check this on review sites to find such companies. The ways are:
- Online tracking using a tracking or contract # given to you at pickup.
- A periodic call or text with an update from the company
- A direct service line to the driver if it's a driver/operator/owner of the transport company
How can I prepare my car for transport to or from Massachusetts?
- Clean out your personal items from the car.
*NOTE – The transport company or broker is not responsible for items left in your car when transported.
- Make sure your fuel level is ¼ tank
- Take pictures of your auto at pick up. Show any dents, dings, or scratches. You'll use these pictures to compare the condition of your car during delivery by auto transport company.
Can I have my car picked up at my residence or office?
Not every street in Massachusetts is wide enough for big trucks, so you may need to arrange pickup service or drop-off for your vehicle at a more "friendly" location, such as a big parking lot.
How your car is picked up and dropped off will depend on your location and the auto transport service you select.
Be sure to ask the auto transport company or your broker what is possible. Then, if they're good at what they do, they'll know exactly how to guide you.