Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Alabama
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Safe And Reliable Alabama Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Alabama may well be one of the last mainstays of the South, with its numerous small towns and big cities that are just as welcoming and authentic as any of the smaller locales around the state. From Birmingham to Montgomery, and Dothan to Tuscaloosa, Alabama is a very friendly place for new businesses and existing establishments alike. Because of the influx of companies setting up shop in this economically-friendly state, many also feel a need to ship vehicles nationwide to and from this southern destination.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time|
|Montgomery to Huntsville||$189||189 miles||1 – 2 days|
|Birmingham to Mobile||$257||257 miles||2 – 4 days|
|Asheville to Montgomery||$369||369 miles||2 – 4 days|
|Birmingham to Chicago||$495||660 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Alabama to Oklahoma||$551||735 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Arizona to Alabama||$955||1592 miles||5 – 7 days|
|Alabama to San Francisco||$1168||2337 miles||6 – 8 days|
|Seattle to Alabama||$1043||2607 miles||7 – 9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Using Alabama Car Transport Companies
When you are looking to book Alabama car transport services, keep a few key tips of importance in mind.
- Book as far ahead as possible: The more in advance you can book your auto transport services, the better chance you will have of landing the Alabama auto shipping company with the trucks (enclosed or open air trailer) you want to work with at the rate that works best for your budget. Moreover, the more lead time you have in book car shipping services, the more time you have to do your research on your chosen company.
- Compare different Alabama vehicle transportation quotes to find the company that best serves your needs: A variety of rate quotes ensures that you get the best possible bargain for auto transport. After all, the crux of good consumer habits is the ability to look around for various rates and choose the one that has services and a quote that matches what you need in an auto transport company and for a price that fits your personal budget. Search for special discounts for senior citizens or military, if you qualify.
- Do your research on your Alabama automobile transport company of choice: Once you find a company with which you may be interested in working, then you want to find out more about it. From proof of insurance for transporting vehicles to its record of customer satisfaction and timely shipping, the more research you can do ahead of time, the more likely it is that you will find a company with which you enjoy working on your vehicle transport needs. Read reviews of their car shipping services on auto transport review sites.
Perusing the sunny Gulf coastal shores of Alabama or winding in and out of the small all-American towns that line this southern landscape are all best done in your own vehicle and not a rental or loaner. Having an Alabama vehicle transport company get your car to you means that you can enjoy the various sights offered through Alabama in pure ease and comfort.
Visit the Alabama Department of Transportation website for more information on shipping your automobile to Alabama.
Long Distance Auto Transport to/from Alabama
Most people request the services of an auto transport company when they need to ship their cars across the country or to another state. In such cases, driving it yourself wastes a lot of time, and due to hotel and food bills, it is often more expensive than having a carrier ship it for you.
You can reduce your costs by opting for an open carrier and by using seasonal offers and other discounts that you may be eligible for. Call our office for details and also inquire about the delivery time. In general, the shorter the time window you have for the transport, the more it will cost you to ship it. To avoid this problem, schedule your shipment as early as possible.
International Auto Transport from/to Alabama
A1 Auto Transport’s services are not limited to the US. We can ship your car to any other country, including overseas.
International shipping implies a lot of paperwork with which we can help you as well. On your end, you’ll most likely have to prepare:
- Your ID, visa, or passport,
- A sale bill,
- A lading bill,
- Your car’s registration, and
- Proof of its origin which you can obtain from the manufacturer.
To make things easier, our personnel will guide you through the process. Call now to get started.
Cheap Car Transportation Options in Alabama
Shipping costs are determined by a number of factors, including distance, type of vehicle, its weight, the type of truck you’ll use, and the season you pick for the transport. Fortunately, you can reduce these significantly by following a few simple tips.
Firstly, don’t ship your car in the summer if you’re looking for the cheapest rates. Most people choose this season causing the price of auto transport to skyrocket. You’ll find auto shipping costs in winter are much lower. If the weather’s inconvenient, choose early spring or late autumn instead.
Secondly, go for an open auto carrier. Since it can ship more vehicles than enclosed ones, the price is lowered considerably. Going out of your way to take your car to a terminal will also cut down costs.
Finally, the auto transport service you choose will greatly influence the amount you’ll have to pay. While companies like A1 Auto Transport use technology and a solid system to streamline the shipping process and cut down costs, others may not. You should also be careful of scammers offering unusually low prices to attract potential victims.
Shipping Luxury and Classic Cars in Alabama
Although open carriers are perfectly safe, if you’re the owner of a more expensive car, you may want extra protection. If you’re shipping exotic and luxury cars, as well as classic or vintage vehicles to Alabama, we recommend you do it with one of our enclosed carriers.
On rare occasions, weather conditions or automobiles slightly moving on top of trailers may cause scratches or bumps. This is easy to fix for a normal vehicle, but it can cost a fortune if the automobile is more expensive. To get your luxury or vintage car safely to Alabama, the extra protection offered by an enclosed trailer may prove invaluable.
Alabama Special Discounts
A1 Auto Transport offers discounts to all students and seniors who wish to transport a car to Alabama. Also, we wish to honor our military by offering discounts to service members as well. But if you’re not part of any of these groups, there may still be seasonal offers you can take advantage of. Call now and ask us directly.
Auto Transport Safety Measures in Alabama
Shipping your car with an auto transport company is much safer than doing it on your own. Its mileage isn’t increased, it’s insured, and there’s no chance of something breaking down midway.
You can transport your car on an open carrier, which will expose it to the elements, or you can opt for an enclosed truck for further protection. However, even on an open carrier, most flying objects will be deflected by the surrounding bars and beams. Your car will also be fixed in place, so there’s no chance of it hitting other automobiles.
Services And Information
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
How to Request a Price Estimate
You can get an estimate of the shipping price using the form on the front page or by clicking the “Get an Instant Quote” tab at the top of this page. Simply follow the form’s instructions. Also, some customers have saved 15% or more by calling us directly. You’ll find our number in the upper right corner.
Alabama Auto Transport Companies Directory
Alaplex Auto Transport
Alaplex provides affordable auto transport services to a wide range of locations for those needing to get their car, SUV, motorcycle or boats moved from one point to the next. Pricing is usually competitive, service is quality.
3721 41st Court North, Birmingham, AL 35217
JP Graham Transport Inc.
From vehicles to motorcycles, JP Graham offers free rate quotes on your car transport needs. With high levels of customer satisfaction and a respected reputation in the transport industry, this company specializes in budget-friendly transport options. Customers testify that costs they charge are competitive.
1901 Finley Boulevard Frnt., Birmingham, AL 35234
Hansen and Adkins Auto Transport
This company focuses on auto shipping of all types, from new vehicles headed to a car lot to a specialized transport of classic vehicles to individuals that need help relocating their vehicles and beyond. Usually, have many drivers ready to go when you are. Call or email them today.
250 Hyundai Boulevard, Montgomery, AL 36105
Lee’s Auto Transport
Serving the greater Dothan area and beyond, Lee’s Auto Transport provides a wide range of auto transport services in the southeastern Alabama region.
1009 Jonathan Street, Dothan, AL 36301
Alabama’s Vehicle Registration Process
In Alabama, all vehicles need to register at the local district office. The entire process is facilitated by the Department of Revenue Motor Division in Alabama. The registration process depends on where you purchased the vehicle: either from a private entity or from a dealership.
Each Vehicle Identification Number will be inspected and fees will also vary depending on the weight, type, year, and model. This is the process if it is your first time to register the vehicle. However, if you want to renew your registration, you need to visit the Registration Renewal portion to retain your ownership.
- An application for a title is necessary before the registration process;
- Insurance is mandatory for all automobiles in Alabama. A proof of insurance from Alabama is also required before you can register a vehicle.
- Motorhomes and Recreational Vehicles have the same registration process like trucks and cars; they only differ in terms of fees, which are based on the weight of the motorhome.
If you have plans of moving to Alabama, your vehicle needs to be registered within the first 30 days. An Alabama insurance and title are required, so you can process the registration. When you have insurance and a title, you must observe the following steps depending on whether you lease or own it.
Registration of a Non-Leased Vehicle from outside the state
In order to register a vehicle when it is not within the state, you need to proceed to a county licensing division and do the following:
- Submit the vehicle title.
- All owners listed on the document must be there or at least possess a POA in cases when owners cannot process it by themselves.
- Provide a copy of your present registration document.
- Have your VIN inspected.
- Pay the necessary fees.
Registration of an out-of-state leased vehicle: If you have a leased vehicle and you plan to bring to Alabama, you must visit the licensing office first. The registration process depends on whether the leased vehicle’s title is with you or is listed under the leasing office.
Alabama’s car registration process: Alabama residents who purchase a car from a private entity or a dealership are required to register the vehicle in 20 days.
Purchasing Vehicles from Dealerships
Most Alabama dealerships will submit an application for a title once you purchase a vehicle from them. You must complete the form upon registering a truck or car.
You may proceed to the licensing office and must bring the following:
- A valid driver’s license issued in Alabama which includes the address where the vehicle will be registered.
- A complete title.
- In cases when a document title isn’t needed, you have to bring the following:
- Affidavit from the dealership (if the dealer is from a different state)
- Proof of Sale including itemized tax details.
- A Vehicle Identification Number.
- Insurance papers.
- A license plate you need to transfer for the new car or truck.
- An odometer certification of a vehicle which does not surpass ten years and is no more than 16,000 pounds in weight.
- Payment is required for applicable fees.
Purchasing Vehicles from Private Individuals
There is a slight difference in purchasing a used vehicle between a dealership and a private individual. The transfer of the title and registration is processed all at once. All applicable taxes and fees are included with the registration fee.
Proceed to the licensing office to complete the following requirements:
- Bring the license plate you need to transfer to your new vehicle.
- Present your driver’s license (obtained in Alabama) proving your address during the registration process.
- Submit an insurance document if the office cannot verify your insurance status online.
- Present the current registration papers for the vehicle you purchased.
- Applicable fees must be paid.
- Submit a completed title coming from the last owner.
- If your vehicle has an out-of-state title, it needs to have the Vehicle Identification Number Inspection process completed.
- Take note of the odometer data reading for a vehicle that does not exceed ten years old and 16,000 pounds.
Leased Vehicles’ Registration Process
- The registration of leased vehicles has the same process as others, except you need to bring the following:
- A POA form issued by the leasing office stating you are allowed to register their vehicle.
- A lease agreement copy.
Vehicle Registration for Military Members
Policies are different when it comes to the registration of vehicles for military members in Alabama. These laws differ is they are out of the state and assigned in AL, residents assigned somewhere, or an AL resident who is in the same state.
Registration for non-residents (military): Armed Forces Members who are assigned in AL are not obliged to register the vehicle with the AL Motor Division provided they have a recent registration in their home address and a valid insurance.
Registration of military residents: Residents of Alabama have a similar registration process to civilians.
Alabama military residents assigned out of state: You have the option to register the vehicle via mail if you have been assigned outside the state of AL. You must contact the licensing office in order to see if this service is available.
You may complete a POA form giving authorization to a family representative. Your POA must check the necessary information about the Registration Process in Alabama.
AL is not requiring emissions tests during the registration process. Vehicles which are out of state and those that do not have a title need to undergo a VIN inspection before they can be registered in Alabama. It’s a security measure which ensures the matching of the VIN and its title.
AL license plates: Registration stickers together with license plates are released upon the completion of the vehicle registration in Alabama. A variety of license plates are available in AL. If you want to order a personalized license plate, it may take some time before you receive it.
Alabama’s Registration Fees for Vehicles
Vehicle registration fees vary depending on several factors. If it’s your first time registering the vehicle, fees are set based on these criteria:
- Type of Vehicle (truck, motorcycle, or car).
- Weight of the Vehicle.
- Surcharges and county taxes.
- Renewal month of registration.
- This depends on the last name of the owner. Its initial letter is used.
- The starting fee is going to be adjusted based on the remaining months until the next renewal date.
You still need to call the licensing office and get an estimate of the registration charges.
Other Alabama Resources
Alabama.gov – official government website for the state of Alabama.
Alabama Wikipedia Page – everything you need to know about the state of Alabama.
University Of Alabama – Founded in 1831 as Alabama’s first public college, The University of Alabama is dedicated to excellence in teaching, research and service.
Alabama On Craigslist – local classifieds and forums for jobs, housing, for sale, personals, services, local community, and events.
Reviews from Customers in Alabama
I had to be in Alabama to help my father through some tough times, so I could only give A1 Auto Transport a 2-day notice. To my amazement, a truck arrived the same day I made the call. I wanted my car in 5 days max, and they got it there in 3.
Honestly, I was skeptical about using a transport service, with so many negative reviews online. A1 Auto Transport had a surprising lack of bad publicity, and I can now see why. The car got to Alabama in perfect condition.
It’s a great company for beginners who don’t much about the industry and need to be guided through everything. Everyone was also super kind which is something I rarely see these days.- Scott P.
I’ve had my car moved to and from Alabama quite a few times, long enough to witness all kinds of weird and annoying stuff. You sometimes have to watch your car smoulder under the hot sun in your lot wondering where in the world your driver is, or how the heck did you even wind up with a smooth fast talker spewing numbers instead of an actual human being who knows a thing or two about this whole transport business.
But everything just falls perfectly into place with A1 Auto Transport: They know their game, and you can immediately tell they take care of their customers. Do you want competent people who’ll get things done with as little BS as possible? Believe me, your time and money are best spent with A1.- Lisa K
Auto Transport Services in Alabama
- Abbeville City
- Addison Town
- Alexander City
- Altoona Town
- Arab City
- Ashford City
- Autauga County
- Baldwin County
- Barbour County
- Bay Minette
- Bayou La Batre
- Bear Creek
- Bibb County
- Blount County
- Bullock County
- Butler County
- Calhoun County
- Camp Hill
- Carbon Hill
- Cedar Bluff
- Center Point
- Chambers County
- Cherokee County
- Chilton County
- Choctaw County
- Clarke County
- Clay County
- Cleburne County
- Coffee County
- Colbert County
- Conecuh County
- Coosa County
- Covington County
- Crenshaw County
- Cullman County
- Dale County
- Dallas County
- Dauphin Island
- DeKalb County
- Dodge City
- Double Springs
- East Brewton
- Elmore County
- Escambia County
- Etowah County
- Fayette County
- Fort Deposit
- Fort Payne
- Franklin County
- Frisco City
- Geneva County
- Glen Allen
- Good Hope
- Grove Hill
- Gulf Shores
- Hale County
- Henry County
- Hobson City
- Hokes Bluff
- Holly Pond
- Houston County
- Indian Springs Village
- Jackson County
- Jefferson County
- La Fayette
- Lake View
- Lamar County
- Lauderdale County
- Lawrence County
- Lee County
- Level Plains
- Limestone County
- Locust Fork
- Lowndes County
- Macon County
- Madison County
- Magnolia Springs
- Marengo County
- Marion County
- Marshall County
- Midland City
- Mobile County
- Monroe County
- Montgomery County
- Morgan County
- Mount Vernon
- Mountain Brook
- Muscle Shoals
- New Brockton
- New Hope
- New Site
- North Courtland
- Oak Grove
- Orange Beach
- Owens Cross Roads
- Pell City
- Perdido Beach
- Perry County
- Phenix City
- Phil Campbell
- Pickens County
- Pike County
- Pine Hill
- Pleasant Grove
- Port of Decatur
- Port of Guntersville
- Port of Mobile
- Rainbow City
- Randolph County
- Red Bay
- Reece City
- River Falls
- Russell County
- Sand Rock
- Sardis City
- Shelby County
- Smiths Station
- South Vinemont
- Spanish Fort
- St. Clair County
- Sumter County
- Susan Moore
- Sylvan Springs
- Talladega County
- Tallapoosa County
- Town Creek
- Tuscaloosa County
- Union Springs
- Valley Grande
- Valley Head
- Vestavia Hills
- Walker County
- Walnut Grove
- Washington County
- West Blocton
- West Point
- White Hall
- Wilcox County
- Winston County