Boat shipping by train isn’t as common as shipping a boat by truck or ship. Nevertheless, it is a great way to transport your vessel, especially if it must make a cross-country trip.
Shipping by train is an efficient way to get nearly anything transported, especially if it’s large in size or hazardous. Use the Internet to find the best boat shipping companies around.
As you call around gathering quotes and obtaining more information, ask about transshipments. A lot of the time when customer purchases train shipping services they’ll end up paying transshipment costs. This may not affect you if another transport method is chosen. Ask the transporter what your best option is or what they suggest is the right way to ship your boat.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Measure the Boat for the Transport Company.
Before you can receive a close estimate to your final shipping costs or any suggestions, you must have the boat’s measurements ready for the transporter. It’s important that the proper measurements are given. To avoid giving out false dimensions, understand how to measure the boat properly.
- Length – measure from the front of the bow to the middle of the stern.
- Height – measure from the keel to the highest part of the boat.
- Width – measure the widest part of the boat including any protruding attachments.
The boat’s dimensions affect more than just the price for the transport. You may face restrictions in your train shipping service options or adjustments might be necessary to safely transport the boat. Your transport professionals will immediately know what to suggest after they receive the measurements of your boat and all other relevant information. If you contact the transporter by phone, they’ll have an honest quote ready for you in just minutes.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory