Long Distance Boat Movers
Anyone interested in shipping a boat a long distance must find the right transport company to handle the task. Not all transport companies offer boat shipping services so make sure to do some research online. Look for boat shipping companies that offer long distance shipping services. Check out their testimonials, reviews and ratings to ensure they carry a positive reputation. Check out their services, rates and other characteristics as well. Once you have found a few of interest, call them for a quote on your boat’s future shipping process.
Consider the methods of transport each boat mover offers for delivering water vessels. Knowing what each transport method consist of and what’s included with that service will help you decide on a shipping method for your boat. Some services cost more than others. Customer service reps for the transporter can help guide you through your decisions and even give you a more detailed explanation of their shipping services.
Long Distance Boat Mover Services
- Roll On /Roll Off- The boat is secured to a trailer and wheeled onto the transport carrier of choice where it is secured for its travels. After reaching its delivery address, the boat is wheeled off the carrier still attached to the trailer.
- Overland Transport- Your boat is transported by a truck. This is a very popular service among boat transport customers. It is also inexpensive.
- Door to Door Delivery- The boat mover will send their professionals to the exact address of the boat’s storage location for its pickup, even if transshipment is necessary. They will then drop the boat off at its delivery address.
- Containerized Transport- This is the safest form of boat transport. The boat cannot exceed 8ft wide or 8ft tall unless otherwise stated by the shipping company. Your boat will have shelter from the potential dangers presented by the outdoors.
- Full Service Relocation- Aside from the ability to ship all different types of watercraft, the transporter will deliver other goods to accommodate those moving from one state to the next. This usually includes container transport services.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.