A-1 Auto Transport is a full-service domestic and international boat shipper that delivers to all corners of the world. With more than 25 years of experience in the industry, we have the knowledge and expertize to provide top notch service at an affordable price, no matter where your destination. We transport a wide variety of boats, ships and other watercraft including yachts, motorboats, jet skis, sailboats, catamarans, fishing boats, dinghies, houseboats, sport fishing boats, and all variety of personal watercraft.
We provide maximum value to our customers by offering customized international boat shipping that’s tailored to the specific needs of our clients. We operate year-round, deliver boats to and from any country in the world and provide excellent customer service, all while offering some of the lowest rates in the international shipping industry. Here are some of the many services our customers get access to:
- Boat hauling & shipping
- Shrink-wrapping & winterization services
- Cargo insurance included with every price quote
- International boat transport
- Customs clearance & validation
- Inland transport from harbor
- Real time status updates
- Bill of lading & document assistance
Get a FREE international boat shipping cost estimate in minutes by completing the short request form to the right! All price quotes are given by a certified international boat transporter in real time! Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your boat.
Methods For Shipping A Boat Internationally
- Roll-on/Roll-off - The most common way to transport a boat internationally is RORO service, also called roll-on/roll-off shipping. With this method, the boat is loaded onto the transport ship in its cradle or boat trailer. If you don’t have a cradle or trailer, we can arrange usage or design a customized trailer specifically for the transport process.
- Lift on/Lift off - The lift-on/lift-off method uses a crane to securely place your boat on the transport vessel, either directly from the water or from a shipping terminal. The boat is placed on a cradle on the ship, where it is secured to the deck or cargo area before transport.
- Containerized - Containerized transport is one of the more affordable ways to have a boat shipped internationally, but there are limitations regarding the size due to the specifications of the container. Typically, any boat wider or taller than eight feet will be too large to fit into a container. Due to the size limitations, container shipping is only available for smaller boats.
- Flat Rack - A flat rack is used for larger boats and is used in tandem with a custom cradle, which is secured to the flat rack before transport. The entire flat rack (basically a non-enclosed container for boats) is then loaded onto the transport vessel and delivered.
- Submersion - Submersion boat transport, or more appropriately, semi-submersion transport, is when a boat is guided to a transport ship which is submerged a safe distance underwater. Once the boat is in the proper position, the submerged transport ship elevates by draining water in order to get the boat onto the transport ship.
International Boat Transport Resources
Maritime Zones & Boundaries - A resource from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration that explains maritime laws and zones for international waters.
Division For Ocean Affairs - Learn about the laws that govern international waters from the United Nations’ Division of Ocean Affairs which defines how nations use the oceans of the world, as well as their rights and responsibilities.
Related Information & FAQ
- Cost of boat shipping (per mile)
- Interstate boat transport
- How to ship a boat across the country
- Boat shipping in a container
- What does it cost to ship a houseboat?
- What does it cost to ship a boat across the country
- Cheapest way to ship a boat
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.