Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Shipping Heavy Equipment Bought Online
When you buy a piece of heavy equipment or machinery online, there’s only a few ways that it typically gets shipped. The first is by the manufacturer or retailer, who can often fold in the cost of shipping with the purchase price. If you’re buying from a private owner, they can sometimes arrange for shipping as well, this is more rare. Lastly, you can hire a transport company to move it for you, in many cases at a price that’s difficult to match for a prearranged shipment.
It can be expensive to ship heavy equipment so make sure you incorporate that into the cost when you’re buying. It’s also a good reason to do some cost comparison before agreeing to a shipping method chosen by the buyer. You can easily save several hundred dollars just by spending a few minutes on the phone or internet getting cost estimates and seeing which option suits you the best.
There are countless places online to buy almost anything and that includes heavy equipment and machinery. There’s industry and trade specific websites like Machinery Trader and Equipment Trader, as well as more common online marketplaces like eBay and Craigslist. The information above applies to all types of equipment and machinery bought on the internet, including the following:
- Construction equipment
- Dump trucks
- Industrial equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Oversize vehicles
- Storage containers
- Farm equipment
Do you need help transporting heavy equipment or machinery? Contact us today by calling the number at the top of this page to learn about our affordable shipping options! All cost estimates are 100% FREE and require no obligation on your part—simply contact us and get a FREE accurate quote!
Getting A Shipping Estimate For Heavy Equipment
Any estimate you get form a shipper, whether it’s one you’ve chosen or a third party used by the seller, should be given in writing. It should include the expected costs and include the details of the shipment, as well as the terms and process for any type of dispute or claims resolution.
Getting an estimate for moving heavy equipment you’ve bought online is no different from arranging shipping for machinery you’ve bought in person. You simply contact a company that provides the service, give them the basic information they need to provide a price quote, and then you can compare several different options. When reviewing website for companies that do move heavy equipment, be sure to look for indications that they move various types of equipment and do so regularly. Specialized equipment requires specialized transport and experience matters!
Heavy Equipment Resources
- Heavy Equipment Shipping – Do you need to learn more about the process of transporting heavy equipment and how it works before moving forward? Click on the link above to visit our shipping page where we address a number of common questions and provide resources for further reading.
- Heavy Equipment Forums – A website and forum dedicated to heavy equipment, machinery, and the professionals who work in the industry, Heavy Equipment Forums covers an array of topics and types of equipment.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory