- Conex Container Shipping
- How Conex Containers Are Used
- Conex Container Shipping
- Deliver With A-1 Auto Transport!
Conex Container Shipping
Container shipping is one of the most common ways to ship goods worldwide. During World War II, the United States military found that shipping containers that were made of aluminum and standardized steel were not able to carry as many supplies as necessary. This was in part due to the weight limits they could manage, but also because the containers, which could be transported side by side, could not be stacked.
In the late 1940’s, the U.S. Army designed a new container made of corrugated steel and they called it a “Transporter.” The Transporter was able to haul 9000 pounds. By the early 1950’s, the Transporter was renamed the Container Express, or CONEX. Once renamed, CONEX was also resized to units in assorted sizes that would accommodate a variety of materials and equipment for shipping as well as storage.
Today, CONEX containers, which are made of 14-gauge steel, are used worldwide. These containers are available in 20 and 40-feet long sizes. They are popular for shipping goods via train as well as by ship to locations coast to coast and overseas. Containers are not only used for shipping or storage, but are used for residential homes, schools, businesses and even swimming pools and more.
How CONEX Containers are used
- Shipping- Available in 20-foot and 40-foot-long sizes, these containers are perfect for shipping cars, trucks, machinery, household goods and more. On land they can be transported via trailer or train. On the sea, they are transported via roll-on, roll-off ships.
- Storage- CONEX containers are used for storage at construction sites, retail stores, private homes, and other locations. They are perfect to store construction equipment, tools, personal goods, and retail merchandise.
- Climate Controlled- When climate-controlled storage is necessary, CONEX containers are perfect as they can be modified for use with equipment that needs a controlled environment.
- Schools- These containers are often utilized by school systems for offices as well as external classrooms. With the addition of windows and heating and air, they make great spaces for people to use as workspaces.
- Residential- Container homes have been a trendy way to have affordable homes that are moveable if necessary. Utility bills are often less when using a CONEX trailer for a living space, and the containers are built tough to stand up to harsh weather.
CONEX Container Shipping
Shipping a CONEX container is a straightforward process to undertake. A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. offers professional container shipping throughout the United States as well as overseas. We can safely deliver your empty or loaded container safely from start to finish.
Deliver With A-1 Auto Transport!
For fast delivery options for your CONEX container shipment, be sure to fill out the FREE quote form on this page. You can also contact an agent at 1-888-849-2447 for an all-inclusive quote as well as for answers to your container shipping questions.