It’s not often that people choose to call upon the help of airplane movers due to the higher costs and lack of services offered. However, there are certain situations where airplane transport is more efficient and practical for some. For example, those moving cross-country or overseas in a tight timeframe may find aircraft transport more suitable if they can fit it into their budget.
All commercial aircrafts have a storage area underneath their passenger compartment. Basically anything from construction equipment, to home goods, to animals can be transported by plane. When transporting goods, they must be packaged accordingly so that they can then be placed into special storage containers before going into the plane’s cargo compartment. Most cargo planes can fit about two semi-trucks worth of goods inside their storage space
Getting Ready to Ship Your Belongings by Plane
The cost of your transport services through airplane movers is highly determined by the weight of your belongings. Try to only ship the things that you need the most or at least right away. You can always ship more of your stuff later on through alternative means of transport at a cheaper cost. Another alternative to help you downsize your things is to sort through it all and donate what you don’t have use for. You can also throw items away, or hold a garage sale to make some extra cash before your relocation.
All aircraft transport companies have their own standards and carrier rules for the way your items are packaged. Make sure that you are aware of and understand the proper packing procedures before you begin. Nearly all plane carriers will require labeling on each item or box. This may include your name, address, phone number and any instructions or warnings you may have for them. For example, if the box contains glass or fragile items, you may want to write “Fragile” on the box or some form of warning according to the carrier’s instructions.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory