- Kennel Transport Services
- Cost Shipping Factors For Kennel
- What To Look For In A Heavy Equipment Shipping Company
- Preparing Your Kennel For Shipping
- Get In Touch With A-1 To Ship Your Kennel
Kennel Transport Services
The cost of shipping a kennel is affected by several factors, and for that reason, we advise getting in touch with us at A-1 Auto Transport for a customized quote. For a quick shipping estimate, you can also use our online calculator. For domestic and international shipping of your kennel, go with A-1 Auto Transport. We provide affordable shipping costs and adaptable shipping schedules.
Cost Shipping Factors for Kennel
Numerous factors are taken into account before we can determine a price that fits your specific project and needs. The following are a few of these factors:
- The cost of your project will be greatly influenced by the weight of your kennel. Your kennel will cost more to transport the heavier it is.
- The cost to transport your kennel is significantly influenced by the mode of transportation. Compared to enclosed shipping, the open-air method is a more cost-effective mode of transportation. As a result, selecting enclosed transport may result in higher costs.
- It will cost more to ship your kennel across the country than a nearby state or city. The shipping expenses are significantly influenced by the distance between your point of origin and destination.
What to Look for in a Heavy Equipment Shipping Company
There are particular requirements that a heavy equipment shipping company must satisfy in order to transport your horse equipment. For instance, you'll need to ensure they are a company with insurance. You must make every effort to protect this equipment while it is being transported because it is crucial to running your business. And moving with an insured transport company is the only way to accomplish that.
Additionally, you want a business with the necessary expertise. Before a company can transport this heavy equipment over long distances, they typically need to understand them thoroughly. Consequently, expertise is crucial.
Pick a business that is legally permitted to operate in your state and the entire country. It is imperative that you check the responsible federal agency's database for a shipper's DOT number. Your equipment is at a higher risk of theft when shipping with an unreliable shipper.
Preparing Your Kennel for Shipping
You have to get your kennel ready for transport to minimize damage. Here the right kennel preparation tips for safe pick-up and delivery
- Mainly if you're shipping with an open carrier, cover and secure the delicate spots in your kennel.
- Clean your kennel thoroughly before shipping because if it is dirty, it might be difficult to see the damage.
- Before transport, take pictures of your kennel.
- Use bubble wrap to cover parts of your kennel that might break off during transportation.
- For instructions on how to get your equipment ready for transport, consult the owner's manual.
- Label each component accurately if you're disassembling the parts to prevent loss during transport. It is also simpler to put together at your destination when you label them.
It's important to bear in mind that kennel transport is not the same as dog shipping or pet transport. Therefore the rules that apply to transporting pets such as getting health certificates may not apply. However, you are required to put the kennel in a clean condition before shipping it
Get In Touch with A-1 to Ship Your Kennel
Call 1-888-230-9116 for more details as we look forward to collaborating with you on your upcoming kennel shipping project.
Frequently Asked Questions
The price per mile might range from $1 to $5, and it decides the final price.
It’s challenging to determine an accurate transportation cost. Because of heavy traffic and bad weather, some seasons have higher per-mile costs. This is especially prevalent in months with holidays.
The price will inevitably rise if the driver must travel through a traffic-heavy because the vehicle will need more fuel. After the distance between the pickup and drop-off locations, fuel cost is the most important consideration.
Before final pricing, a company considers various elements, including the industry's changing market price.
A flatbed trailer is a simple and easy choice, and it’s perfect for a kennel. A small kennel can be loaded onto a smaller flatbed trailer. It’s usually around 25 feet long and can take up to 20,000 pounds.
It’s approximately 8.5 feet wide, so it’s suited for most medium-sized kennels. But it’s different for bigger ones. A larger flatbed trailer goes up to 53 feet long, but it’s the width that might cause problems.
Anything over 8.5 feet is considered a wide load, meaning the company will have to get permits for each state and city the shipment crosses. It also means the kennel has to be loaded carefully, so it doesn't fall over during the journey.
The length of the journey depends on the distance. However, there are two aspects even here.
One is that pickup and drop-off sites farther away are more difficult to reach. Thus, it will naturally take longer for your delivery to get there.
However, it will take some time if you're close to a major city and traffic is bad. As an example, consider traveling through a heavily-populated city like New York.
The determining factor is that shipping on major or minor holidays will delay your delivery. Before choosing a route for the driver, the shipping corporation must consider the traffic flow. Remember to inform them beforehand.
A kennel isn't very heavy, nor is it some specialized equipment. But it's still not something you can load onto your car and take across states, except if its a small pet travel kennel and that's only suitable for pickups. No matter what you keep in it, you won't want the kennel damaged, and it's easy to do that if you don't have the proper means to transport it.
It's not a piece of heavy machinery that's not easily affected by the elements, and any tear can cause trouble for you later on. This means that hiring professionals is your best option because they'll know how to load it in the best position so it doesn't get damaged. You can even get your kennel shipped from door to door.
The driver is also experienced and can easily take your shipment over a long distance, making sure to take wider roads if your kennel goes over the trailer's sides, so you don't need to worry about anything.