How to Spot the Best Equipment Hauling Companies Near Me
Do you often find yourself asking: “What equipment hauling companies are near me?”
Finding the best equipment hauling company is necessary to ensure that you have the best experience shipping your equipment. In this article, we will show you several different ways to determine “best” equipment hauling rates, as well as how to find equipment hauling companies.
Better yet, we will show you how you can make them message you first! The shipping industry is competitive and most companies will do whatever it takes (within reason) to land your business.
Obviously, the term “best” is pretty subjective. There are many ways to define what best means, some of them including:
- The lowest equipment hauling rate
- The most inclusive equipment hauling rate
- The best value equipment hauling rate
We’re going to explain these strategies in more detail. By the end of this article, you will not only know how to find a great rate, but how to find equipment hauling companies near you.
How You Can Find the Lowest Priced Equipment Hauling Rate
This is not as simple as it seems. The simplest solution may seem to simply choose the lowest quote you are provided. This would provide you with the lowest equipment hauling rate possible for your needs, but this is hardly the best choice.
But if you want to find the lowest equipment hauling rates, you need to understand what factors determine prices in the first place. Things like:
- Specialized hauling
- Gas prices
- Shipping method
- A route’s geographic location and access to major highways
- The season
Finding the lowest prices isn’t hard if you know what you are looking for.
Here’s the deal…
Who doesn’t like to save money? But like most industries, you get what you pay for in the shipping industry. If you are going to pursue the lowest price, take the time to do a little research on the company you are looking at.
Make sure that you aren’t sacrificing the safety of your equipment to get that low price. Remember, if your equipment gets damaged, it’s going to cost you a whole lot more to fix it than it would have costed you if you hired a more reputable company.
How You Can Find the Most Inclusive Equipment Hauling Rate
There are two ways to find the most inclusive equipment hauling rate.
- The first way is the simplest: the rate provided to you by the equipment hauling company will be the most inclusive one you receive.
- The second way is slightly more complicated: negotiation.
Negotiating a more inclusive rate is simple. Compare all the quotes you have received from the various shipping companies that you have consulted. Then, make a list of the services that you value.
Finally, contact the various shipping companies that you receive a rate from, but not the services you want, and ask for these services. You will be surprised what you can get, simply by asking for it.
Most shipping companies are willing to upgrade your service and provide you with the little extras because they are not willing to lose a contract over something that will cost them almost nothing to throw in.
How You Can Find the Best Value Equipment Hauling Rate
The best value shipping quote depends on what you value.
That’s pretty obvious, right?
- If you value a lower cost, the cheapest equipment hauling rate will do.
- If you value better shipping options, the best equipment hauling rate will be one that provides you with more equipment hauling incentives (like a better shipping option or route for your money).
It may seem difficult to determine the best value equipment hauling rate but there is a simple process to determine this:
- Make a list of the rate services that you want
- Determine whether you are receiving these services at comparable rates
- Contact shipping companies that you feel are overcharging, and ask them to lower the rate (they may refuse, but it does not hurt to ask).
Best value is subjective, so what may seem like a great value equipment hauling rate may differ from hauling job to hauling job. You will need to evaluate best value on a case by case basis.
Just remember this…
You need to approach the shipping process with realistic goals.
- Set a budget that has a little wiggle room
- Determine what you want out of the shipping process
- Decide how much you are willing to spend for the little extras (extra insurance, quicker delivery, etc.).
- Shop around to get the best rate
The more informed you are, the better a rate you will be able to negotiate because you will know exactly what you need.
Finding the best equipment hauling rate doesn’t really matter, service quality does!
The best equipment hauling rate may not be the lower, or the most inclusive, or even the best value. If you think about it, the best equipment hauling rate is the one you are content with.
If you receive a quote that is slightly higher than you expected, but the company is reputable, the shipping process will be simple and seamless.
Here’s a tip…
See what past clients are saying about the company. If their reviews are legitimate and they are happy with their service, that is a good indication that the company is reputable and worth working with.
Putting All of This Information Together to Find the Best Equipment Hauling Companies
Now that you know the service you want, and you have a general idea of the shipping rate that you want, the next step is to contact equipment hauling companies near you.
If you have already contacted these companies to get the initial quotes in the first place, great! If not, you can use the rates you have receives as a sort of “industry standard” in order to determine which local company is best.
You should take advantage of the many modes of communication available to you in order to contact equipment hauling companies near you. Here are some examples of communication platforms:
- Website Contact Form
- Instant Messaging Platforms
First, make a search for equipment hauling companies in your zip code. Then, go to each of the company’s websites. Each website will have contact instructions and some of them may even have shipping calculators. Follow these instructions. Each company is different and has different preferences for contacting them. Some embrace social media, while others keep it conventional with emails only.
How to Make Equipment Hauling Companies Contact You!
Not many people know how to make companies reach out to them. It is possible, but you need to think outside the box.
Let’s take a look at Bob
Bob needs to ship his tractor to the next town over. However, Bob does not have any equipment hauling companies near him. He needs to find a way to communicate with companies that can ship his tractor outside his local proximity.
Bob learns that some companies like to use social media. Bob goes on Twitter and Quora and posts about his situation. Over the next day, Bob is contacted by equipment shipping sales representatives in his area. After messaging back and forth, Bob chooses an equipment hauling company and his tractor is shipped.
You too can make equipment hauling companies message you, just like Bob did. You may even realize that there are equipment hauling companies in your area that you never even heard of. Some companies have a limited clientele and choose not to be listed in directories or online. Regardless, if a good shipping opportunity comes along, they will jump on it.
Equipment Hauling is Really Easy
We’ve taught you what to look for and how to shop for the best rates. Whatever you decide, always prioritize the quality of service above all else. Time is money and you will only waste your time if you have to fix equipment that was damaged during the shipping process.
You could also try this…
Contact A-1 Auto Transport. We’ve been working in the equipment hauling business for many years and we know how to transport heavy equipment.
Here’s what we can tell you:
- Our prices are really competitive
- We have a positive reputation and our clients love us
- Your vehicle will get from point A to point B on time and in the same condition you shipped it
If you want to simplify the equipment hauling process, give us a call today for a free, no pressure quote.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory