- Cotton Picker Shipping
- Confronting The Challenges Of Transporting Cotton Pickers
- Why Do Customers Choose A-1 For Cotton Picker Shipping?
- The Factors That Affect Cotton Picker Shipping Costs
Cotton Picker Shipping
Your cotton harvesters play a crucial role in keeping your farm up and running. Without them, you’d have to spend enormous amounts of time handpicking your cotton, meaning it takes longer to get your goods to consumers.
If you have a cotton picker that you need to ship to a new location, you need to work with the right company to transport it safely.
A-1 Auto Transport is that company.
With over two million vehicle and equipment deliveries under our belts, we are one of the most trusted cotton picker shipping companies in the United States.
Confronting the Challenges of Transporting Cotton Pickers
Cotton picker shipping is not as simple as shipping a car or similar vehicle. The weight of the equipment requires the use of a special trailer, such as a step-deck or RGN trailer. These trailer types are built specifically to handle the size and weight of heavy farming machinery.
At A-1 Auto Transport, we understand how vital it is to protect your cotton picker during transportation. That’s why we only use specialized trailers designed to handle the weight of your cotton harvester. Our dedicated team of professionals also understands how your cotton picker works, which means we’re not going to make mistakes when securing the machinery for shipping.
Why Do Customers Choose A-1 for Cotton Picker Shipping?
Customers choose A-1 Auto Transport to ship their cotton pickers because we have a defined transportation process for this type of heavy machinery.
- We speak to you about the size, dimensions, and weight of your cotton picker before we arrange to ship. This ensures we use the right type of trailer for the job.
- An A-1 specialist works with you to plan your route to ensure you the best price on the shipping process.
- We obtain all of the paperwork you may need to ship your cotton picker from Point A to Point B. If you need permits or have to move past weigh stations on your route, we’ll get the paperwork prepared to ensure there are no delays.
- When we come to haul your cotton picker, we take special care to ensure it’s loaded onto a trailer correctly. In particular, we protect your picker’s spindles to ensure the machine works as it’s supposed to when it arrives at its destination.
- You’re able to track your shipment for the entire journey and can contact an A-1 Auto Transport specialist if you have any questions.
- When we arrive at your destination, we unload your cotton picker so you can get back to using it as soon as possible.
The Factors That Affect Cotton Picker Shipping Costs
Several factors affect the cost of shipping a cotton picker, including:
- The picker’s weight, size, and dimensions
- Shipping distance
- Whether you’re shipping domestically or internationally
- The date required for delivery
A-1 Auto Transport can provide accurate cotton picker shipping quotes if you get in touch with our team. We’ll ask for the key information we need to determine how best to ship your machinery. Then, we give you a free no-commitment quote.
Would you like to learn more?
Give our team a call at (888) 230-9116 or send an inquiry online and we’ll help you with your cotton picker shipping needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
It goes without saying that the biggest factor, distance, is the reason it is impossible even to get an estimate without details. If another component doesn't enter the picture, closer spots will always be less expensive regardless of market pricing.
However, since a cotton picker is an oversized and wide load because of its height, it’ll be more expensive to transport. This is because of the time and effort it takes for the company to obtain separate permits for each state or city the truck crosses.
The driver might also have to take a longer route because of the size of the picker since highways in the US are 12 feet wide at the most, which is the same as the picker's width. This means some areas may cause trouble during transport, which drives up the final cost.
A cotton picker will undoubtedly cause more issues than typical machines, given its weight. The legal limit is exactly 46,000 pounds, and it generally weighs 66,000 pounds, so it's an oversized load.
A lowboy trailer is the best option because it is designed to be lower to the ground and can carry a lot more weight. Its two-axle model can support 40,000 pounds. A four-axle variant, however, has a support capacity of around 80,000 pounds, making it suitable for cotton pickers.
Some companies may use an RGN trailer because of its detachable gooseneck, which makes loading simpler because it is a part of the trailer.
There are two distinct characteristics regarding the distance between locations A and B. One is that remote, isolated locations take time to reach. As a result, it will obviously take longer for your delivery to arrive.
But let's say you live close to a metropolis and the traffic is terrible. In such a scenario, it will also take some time, particularly if you have the cotton picker delivered during a busy time of year. Travel times inevitably increase due to traffic in major cities.
When you request a quote, you'll receive a closer estimate because the shipping company will ask you for details before giving you an answer.
Attempting to move something on your own is too challenging, especially if it’s a large load like a cotton picker. So, it's best to work with a reputable shipping company.
It's much more difficult to drive with an extended trailer with a load on it if you're not experienced. This is important because we're talking about a large machine, considered an oversized load.
Shipping with a firm will be easier and safer because trained personnel will handle your tub cotton picker and ensure no damage. Even though it's hard to harm, if you try to move it yourself, you'll have issues because of the complicated procedure.
Make sure you carefully choose a company because it's necessary for them to have insurance and trained professionals.