- Large Pole Transport Services
- Cost Shipping Factors For Large Pole
- What To Look For In A Heavy Equipment Shipping Company
- Preparing Your Large Pole For Shipping
- Get In Touch With A-1 To Ship Your Large Pole
Large Pole Transport Services
The cost of shipping a large pole is influenced by certain factors. Each large pole transport project is different, so the cost will fluctuate based on how these factors affect your project. You might be able to transport your large pole over short distances, but for long-distance transport, you'll need the assistance of a heavy equipment transport company, which is where we at A-1 Auto Transport come in. We provide safe and reliable transport for all kinds of poles including utility poles, wood poles that support overhead power lines, telephone poles, fiber optic cables, and street lights.
Cost Shipping Factors for Large Pole
Because every large pole transport is unique, we advise calling us for a specific shipping quote. Before we can tailor a quote to your needs, we take into account the following factors:
- When customizing a shipping quote, distance is a crucial factor that we take into account. The price of shipping your large pole will depend on the distance between the origin and destination.
- Before setting a price, we also consider your large pole specifications. It will cost more to transport a piece of equipment that is heavier and larger.
- Another aspect we consider before tailoring a price is the mode of transportation you choose for your large pole shipping. We provide a variety of shipping options, and each one has a different price.
- We also take into account the large pole transport's shipping deadline. Projects that need to be completed more quickly will cost more.
What to Look for in a Heavy Equipment Shipping Company
Before you think about using the services of a heavy equipment transport company, there are a few factors they must meet. The experience level is one of these factors. You'll need a company with extensive experience shipping heavy equipment because shipping heavy equipment is different from shipping any other type of vehicle.
The insurance component is another criterion they'll need to meet. Insurance is a crucial consideration that you cannot ignore due to the high cost of the majority of heavy equipment and how vital it is to the success of a business. The shipper should be able to provide this information, even though it might be difficult to determine whether a company offers the minimum insurance required by law online.
Preparing Your Large Pole for Shipping
When preparing your large pole for domestic or international transport, remember these tips:
- Make sure you have the necessary paperwork before shipping
- To learn how to prepare your large pole for transport properly, check the owner's permits. There are specific preparation instructions for some large poles.
- You'll need to secure the delicate parts of your large pole if you're shipping via open carrier. This is because, during shipping, the open-air carrier process exposes your equipment to weather conditions.
- Make sure to check the equipment for safety issues before transport
- Clean your large pole thoroughly before shipping as dirt sometimes hides damages
Get In Touch with A-1 to Ship Your Large Pole
Are you prepared to move your large pole? We can help! For a trustworthy and secure transport service, call A-1 Auto Transport at 1-888-230-9116.
Frequently Asked Questions
The distance between the destination and the drop-off point is the most important component when determining the average cost. Therefore, customers are typically charged on a per-mile basis.
However, this figure is also determined based on market fuel prices, so it may range from $1 to $5 per mile. The final price also includes the cost of the fuel. There is no set price because it fluctuates based on market conditions and government regulations.
It makes sense that the truck will consume more fuel if the driver has to travel through cities with heavy traffic or over more difficult roads. The final cost of delivery will go up as a result.
Depending on the length, a flatbed trailer is the best choice. Usually, it doesn't weigh so much that there are issues with what trailer to use. The only changing factor comes with the trailer's length.
A smaller flatbed trailer can take 20,000 pounds max weight and is usually around 25 feet long, so it’s best for smaller poles. You can transport multiple in one shipment.
A larger flatbed trailer can go up to 53 feet and can take 40,000 pounds, which is better for larger poles. Since you can transport many at a time, it’s an efficient process.
The distance between point A and point B comes first. It goes without saying that the longer the distance, the longer it will take the driver to get there. There are numerous delays that can’t always be predicted, and a larger space means more room for error.
However, even if the distance between the two points is similar, the time it takes the driver to get there will vary depending on the roads he must travel. Some states have subpar roads, which will take the driver some time to navigate.
Extreme weather, such as a blizzard or heat wave, might occur in some areas, unavoidably leading to delays.
It's important to remember that while shipping machinery parts like a large pole (e.g red oak pole), there are several little details that a business is better prepared to handle. Although a lot of people think they can do it on their own, expert assistance is crucial.
Even if you deal with it daily, bringing it somewhere new is separate. It's handled differently when something big is moved across a state versus within a set perimeter like a city. Due to the numerous factors, the shipping company must consider, you can't be careless.
A shipping business is knowledgeable about what trailer to utilize and how to load and unload items. This makes the process simple for you and ensures there's no damage to your pole. This part is essential because construction work might be halted because of damaged equipment.