- Horse Equipment Transport Services
- Cost Shipping Factors For Horse Equipment
- What To Look For In A Heavy Equipment Shipping Company
- Preparing Your Horse Equipment For Shipping
- Get In Touch With A-1 To Ship Your Horse Equipment
Horse Equipment Transport Services
The cost of shipping horse equipment is affected by several factors, and that is why we recommend contacting us at A-1 Auto Transport for a tailored quote. You can also use our online calculator for an instant shipping estimate. Choose A-1 Auto Transport for your horse equipment shipping both locally and globally. We offer competitive shipping rates and flexible shipping plans.
Cost Shipping Factors for Horse Equipment
Before we can arrive at a price that suits your unique project and requirements, we consider numerous factors. Some of these factors include the following:
- The weight of your horse equipment is a huge determinant of the amount you’ll have to pay for your project. The heavier your horse equipment is, the more expensive it is to transport.
- The transport method also significantly affects the amount it would cost to transport your horse equipment. The open-air process is a more affordable transport option than the enclosed shipping. Therefore, you may have to pay more if you choose the enclosed transport method.
- Shipping your horse equipment across the country will cost more than shipping it to a neighboring state or city. The distance between your origin and destination is a significant factor influencing the transport cost.
What to Look for in a Heavy Equipment Shipping Company
When choosing a heavy equipment shipping company to transport your horse equipment, there are specific criteria they’ll need to meet. For example, you’ll need to confirm that they are an insured company. Because these types of equipment are essential to running your business, you must try as much as possible to ensure its protection while in transit. And the only way to do that is to move with an insured transport company.
You also want a company that has the required experience. Most of these heavy pieces of equipment need in-depth understanding before you can transport them over long distances. Therefore, expertise is essential.
Choose a company with the correct permits and licenses to operate in your state and the country. It’s crucial that you verify a shipper’s DOT number with the federal agency in charge. Shipping with an unverified shipper puts your equipment at a higher risk of theft.
Preparing Your Horse Equipment for Shipping
- Cover and secure the vulnerable parts of your horse equipment, especially if you’re shipping via the open-carrier method.
- Clean your horse equipment thoroughly before shipping because it may be challenging to notice damages when it is dirty
- Document your horse's equipment condition before transport
- Cover anything on your horse equipment that may break off while in transit with bubble wrap
- Check the equipment owner’s manual for guidelines on how to prepare it for transportation
- If you’re disassembling the parts, label each piece correctly so that no part gets lost while in transit. And it is easier to assemble at your destination.
Get In Touch with A-1 to Ship Your Horse Equipment
We look forward to working with you on your upcoming horse equipment shipping project—Call 1-800-452-2880 for more information.